What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs The more determined West Tigers

txta2

Bench
3. Brailey- the worst effort from a number 9 ever to wear a Sharks jumper...disgraceful.
2. Nico- as soon as he is off he puts his head down and goes missing.
1.Coach-shrugged it off, too much of a nice bloke to ever win a comp.

DJDL

Bench
I’m no Brailey fan boy, but the issues with his game last night are the same as the issues with Nicho and Trindall- it’s hard to show anything when your forwards are being trampled.

BHU made noise in the pre-season about the pack feeling disrespected. Well, based on efforts like last night, is it any wonder?

Yes, we lost Royce, Dale and Tobes. But the writing was on the wall long before that.

IMHO we need an injection of new blood, and soon.

I know Sifa is, week in, week out, one of our best performers but I’d be looking to shift him and bring in Iro.

From what I saw in the trials, Iro is strong bringing the ball out of our own end, so we lose nothing there.
But we might just gain something when he is given room to move.

IMHO, Sifa can still provide what he does playing at 13.

Trouble with that is the coach has painted himself into a corner by naming Cam and Dale as co-captains.

Tough decisions need to be made.

Aside from that, Tuku needs to be on the bench. And I’d be putting Herb on notice that, unless he shows a shiteload more than he currently is, he’ll be first one out when troops start to return.

Chimp

Bench
3. Brailey- the worst effort from a number 9 ever to wear a Sharks jumper...disgraceful.
I actually think the opposite of Nico - when he’s under pressure, I feel he tries to do too much - he was defending his nuts off, almost chasing the defensive collision, and I think that gassed him and made him ineffective ball in hand.
I think it’s an admirable trait that he wants to graft his way out of trouble, but that’s not what we need from him really.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I actually think the opposite of Nico - when he’s under pressure, I feel he tries to do too much - he was defending his nuts off, almost chasing the defensive collision, and I think that gassed him and made him ineffective ball in hand.
I think it’s an admirable trait that he wants to graft his way out of trouble, but that’s not what we need from him really.
We certainly don't. Part of his maturation as a halfback has to be recognising when to knuckle down, simplify and take the team with him. I could just sense the frustration creeping in the other night and identified it early as the biggest danger. So, I got what I expected. This is good, keeps me away from blades, ropes and pills.

Not that would be many of those things left.

txta2

Bench
fair enough, I just thought on some plays he went missing .

And on Brailey ,every Tigers try that went up the middle there was Brailey struggling in the ruck.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Not what I heard. I think he's just too classy to air the dirty laundry in a presser.