What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 Rumoured Signings for 2007

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
we should have enough money for both.

Yes but most people are talking about second rowers not quality props. If we signed Creagh and Pritchard that wouldn't solve our go forward problems.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I would LOVE to have Steve Simpson at Parramatta. Just a shame i will NEVER happen. He LOVES Newcastle.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
Yes but most people are talking about second rowers not quality props. If we signed Creagh and Pritchard that wouldn't solve our go forward problems.

well, I think the person who matters most would know that.

number8

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
It also makes room for maybe a Ben Smith or Delaney to move into the engine room.

That to me makes no sense. Smith was awesome in the centres last year & we've struggled to make any impact down that side with Delaney. Smith is a fantastic centre & should remain so. Delaney has not showed he has anything to offer the top team back row. He struggles to make any ground with the ball in hand & while his defence is up to par neither he nor the team would be better for the change. Delaney has some work to do in my opinion.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. especially with cheap dodgy parts. Because in the end it will just sh*t itself again but to a greater degree. Our 11. is the games best 11. since Tallis or Clyde whoever you rate higher. While that is the case i'd be looking for other front row options. Not Hindmarsh!

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm all for getting an O'Meley or an Asotasi, but, you can't always get what you want. I want another premership for Parra but it doesn't mean we'll get it.

You have to make contingency plans. Granted. It is early stages yet as the price war for the Front Rowers have not (or have) already begun.

But still, we need to look at what we've got for the future and possible shape and groom them. If Ben Smith (who has re-signed) might be molded into a 2nd rower, then maybe that's what we should try and do. Who's not to say that Inu doesn't pop into the team at the tail end of this year or early next year and is successful as Timmy was last year.

I don't think it matters if Hindy is playing 2nd row or prop. Hindy is Hindy and he'll do what needs to be done regardless of what position he is playing. If we get an O'Meley or Asotasi, then of course Hindy would stay in the 2nd row. If we don't then what? Stick a fringe 1st grader in the front row, so that we can boast that we have the best 2nd rower? Or would you prefer a

8. Peek (as an example)
11. Hindy

rather than

11. Creagh or Pritchard
8. Hindy.

Delaney, has not resigned, so he's up in the air. But during the Easts game, when he started running straight and hard, he picks up pace and actually gained some decent metres. At the moment, he is running sideways first to see if he can beat the opposition with pace but because of his lack of pace, he fails. However, if he ran onto the ball like Vella did and running straight, I'd reckon he would contribute more to the team than he already has.

Parraren

Bench
a few things...

- Morris is in the sights of the Dragons, however Woolford appears more likely to sign with them due to two things...money & the fact that they can negotiate with Woolford now but have to wait until after June 30 for Morris. With the Dragons now trying to tie up their own off contract stars (Creagh, Sims, Poore...) it appears they will struggle to come up with the dollars for Morris especially with the sort of money the GC will be throwing around come midnight June 30.

- Pritchard is not worth $300k

- Manly are chasing very hard for both Creagh & Pritchard in the hope of signing atleast one of them as replacement for Ben Kennedy.

Pazza

First Grade
I think we are on a good thing with Tsoulos and Moi Moi. Just gotta see Tsoulos lose a few kg.

Hurriflatch

Referee
In the encylopedia of Parramatta players they have Steve Simpson listed even tho when they list his background Parramatta aren't listed

maybe they know something we don't :lol:

Parraren

Bench
Parra Guru said:
I will cry if Creagh signs with Manly

Well in 2004 Manly chased Timana Tahu & Joel Monaghan very, very hard but ended up with neither.

I'm hoping the same happens again...:twisted:

Either way, I agree with most here that our PRIORITY should be to recruit in the front row.

With Stringer, Peek, Cannings & likely Morrison all gone next year we should definitely have the cap space to recruit well in the forwards.

Also, I'm guessing that if Lyon is signed then it's probably bye bye Morris & McKinnon unfortunately...

Pazza

First Grade
the way i see it!

1.Hayne
3.Smith
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
7.Smith
8.Cayless/new guy
9.Riddell
10.Fui
11.Hindmarsh
12.Robinson

14.Marsh
16.Cayless/New Guy
17.Tsoulos

strider

Post Whore
Pazza said:
the way i see it!

1.Hayne
3.Smith
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
7.Smith
8.Cayless/new guy
9.Riddell
10.Fui
11.Hindmarsh
12.Robinson

14.Marsh
16.Cayless/New Guy
17.Tsoulos

i reckon we'd be better off fielding a full team than just leaving holes everywhere

;-) :crazy:

number8

Juniors
I'm for Cayless & either Fui or Tsoulos as the starting front row next year, with the other to come off the interchange. I wouldn't mind if Peek was still around & if a back rower is to be pushed up front I think Robbos game would be far better suited than Hindmarsh's. Hauraki, Cordoba & Oake may also be the next best thing. Who knows?

Moving Hindmarsh to the front row would be as effective as moving Cayless to the back row. As with Cayless it would unsettle the team & detract from his own game! Of that I have no doubt. Would he still be awesome..... absolutely! would he be as awesome.... no! would it improve the team.... hell no!

lucablight

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
I will cry if Creagh signs with Manly

Why? He's overrated anyway. I hope they sign him so they overspend and lose the opportunity of signing a better player.

Latest posts