What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

Hellsy

Immortal
I think Ossie has done execellant job. If the guy does not have any future plan why we want to keep him. WE could have kept him if we performed well this season. We have not so why bothering extending one more year. The present trend shows, that we are not going to achieve anything next year, so why bother going through one more year with no result. DA had opportunity to develop a good team and he has failed. So I do not see why we should keep him.
from the new coach perspective, if he can deliver us on top 4 next year, have a future plan and deliver GF in 2012, I do not mind keeping him. But if he is going to go the DA's way, I think board has every right to sack him.

U 2 metatulose, well said

IFR33K

Coach
I think Ossie has done execellant job. If the guy does not have any future plan why we want to keep him. WE could have kept him if we performed well this season. We have not so why bothering extending one more year. The present trend shows, that we are not going to achieve anything next year, so why bother going through one more year with no result. DA had opportunity to develop a good team and he has failed. So I do not see why we should keep him.
from the new coach perspective, if he can deliver us on top 4 next year, have a future plan and deliver GF in 2012, I do not mind keeping him. But if he is going to go the DA's way, I think board has every right to sack him.

](*,) BS was here for 10 years, and he delivered 1 gf, you honestly think a rookie coach is getting us to the gf in his 2nd year. Now I've heard it all. :lol::lol:](*,)](*,)

boxhead

First Grade
](*,) BS was here for 10 years, and he delivered 1 gf, you honestly think a rookie coach is getting us to the gf in his 2nd year. Now I've heard it all. :lol::lol:](*,)](*,)

Didn't Ricky Stuart do it with the Roosters?
There are a few noted coaches who have done it, even in their first year.

IFR33K

Coach

FFS, if I wanted to mention roosters I would of. Dont compare our team to the roosters of 02. They were a machine that year.

Eels Dude

Coach

Yeah but it's far from guarenteed isn't it? The logic of changing coaches every 2 years if we fail to win a premiership is just stupid.

boxhead

First Grade
Yeah but it's far from guarenteed isn't it? The logic of changing coaches every 2 years if we fail to win a premiership is just stupid.

Yeah I know, I was just saying it isn't impossible......very unlikely, I hope we stick with our new coach for four or five years, Kearney or no. If it's Kearney, it will also help him develop by giving him an extended gig in first-grade; we would be doing his coaching career a favour too.

bartman

Immortal
I'm very ashamed of the actions of our current Board. And judging by the polls the vast majority also thing this bunch of clowns have ridden their egos too far.

People voted for a change, and a change was created. Fitzy left the club after a long tenure, and there was an opportunity for a change in culture. But what a mess of that opportunity these blokes and their media links made.... what a lot of media disruption to the team the initial elections and the post-3P era has caused.

I don't think the actions of the Board can be seen as professional or prudent, and it's seems really like just a desperate pre-election push to try and sucker in people for another vote.

Fitzy is now irrelevant, and has been for close to 18 months. But these jokes still carry on their witch hunts, and will still try and tar any passionate opposition candidates as being "Fitzy linked" just because they are opposed to the 3P cowboy ways.

No way will I be fooled into voting for 3P candidates again. We've created change before, and we can create a BETTER change this time - it wouldn't take much imo to be better candidates than the current lot, let's hope that people see through the 3P hype to vote in some people to guide our club out of this chaos we're in.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Yeah I know, I was just saying it isn't impossible......very unlikely, I hope we stick with our new coach for four or five years, Kearney or no. If it's Kearney, it will also help him develop by giving him an extended gig in first-grade; we would be doing his coaching career a favour too.

So why not Daniel Anderson??????????

Why is it good for another coach but not Daniel Anderson?????

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Bloody hell you are blaming all these changes on the current board? I am sorry, but that's the way the whole Australian population has changed. You can't blame a cultural change on a group of board members.

No, the rot started with Dennis Fitzgerald & others, though most, if not almost everyone, including myself, did not see this rot coming. It has been very gradual and subtle. The love for the $$$$$ grew and grew and the ego of status, position, power, control and self-glory hinged to performance which = $$$$$$, eventually escalated into 3P. In hindsight, many of us are waking up to what has happened. We are all responsible for the growth of this terrible new culture.

The Commonwealth Of Australia is a private corporation, a piece of paper, conducting commercial business above, below, upon, within and around the lands of Gondwanaland, Arnhem Land, etc. The culture that stems out of this private corporation and all the states and territories it rules over, has caused a massive change to the standard of living of all its citizens (wards of the state).

A tiny extract from a booklet we wrote back in late 2006/completed early 2007 called "Corporation Australia":

"We have gone from being a country where taxes, up until the 1950s/early 1960s, were almost non-existent. We had a half a percent income tax and a half a percent sales tax that came and went. All the other direct and indirect taxes we are lumbered with today, did not exist. Superannuation and workers compensation id not exist either. We were able to do this because the government (the people) was still creating more common wealth money than borrowing Mammon’s (private corporation fiat/legal-tender/promises to pay/promissory notes).

But the weighted scale was slowly shifting in favour of Mammon to where it now hits the ground. A family of four is now paying taxes (direct and indirect) of over $600.00 per week. A loaf of sliced white bread is taxed at least six times by the time a consumer buys it. Where once an Australian dollar was valued at a dollar, today it is under 10c, possibly around 3c. The buying power of the dollar has been seriously diminished due to rapid inflation, particularly since the Whitlam era. Today, the average Australian family is in debt to the tune of at least 160% of their income."

These figures have gotten worse since 2006/2007. The economy is not natural, it is mechanical (a metaphor for man-made), and it needs men and women to operate it. Everything to do with money including outcomes happen by design.

There are forumites who get emotional (includes negative-destructive behaviour like ignorance, character assassination, ridicule, abusive, arrogant, etc) when I post such information in this Eels forum but I do this to try to open up the brain of anyone I can reach to show them the cause of cultural change and the connections of those responsible.

boxhead

First Grade
So why not Daniel Anderson??????????

Why is it good for another coach but not Daniel Anderson?????

We've already sacked Anderson, I'm not going to get into an argument over the semantics of the situation. I'm looking ahead and not worrying about the past; something I believe many other Eels fans are doing as well.

Ffs stop talking sense here, it's seems to be falling on deaf ears

It might be sense to him and you but I honestly don't care who the coach is mate, I will support whoever it is, no matter who it is and no matter the circumstances of their appointment.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Because Ando is no longer part of the club.

We've already sacked Anderson, I'm not going to get into an argument over the semantics of the situation. I'm looking ahead and not worrying about the past; something I believe many other Eels fans are doing as well.

It might be sense to him and you but I honestly don't care who the coach is mate, I will support whoever it is, no matter who it is and no matter the circumstances of their appointment.

The precedence you both now support makes it acceptable and normal behaviour for the chaos of uncertainty caused by a few over the past few months to be repeated ad infinitum, whenever and however in the future, without recourse, and without the orchestrators being answerable to anyone because, everyone else will have turned their backs on what has been going on, "the uncertainty", will not interfere and, will validate (approve) such attitudes and will surmise with ideas like "I'm not going to get into an argument over the semantics of the situation. I'm looking ahead and not worrying about the past; something I believe many other Eels fans are doing as well." and "is no longer part of the club."

If you both acquiesce to this chaotic environment of uncertainty, then you have created no resistance against such future campaigns of chaos and so the chaos grows and grows and grows, unchecked, is accepted as normal behaviour in the Eels club/s and is seen as being a natural part of life. Fortunately you are both in a very tiny minority and that there exists a very large majority who have a conscience, who have strong intact morals, who place the lives of men and women above $$$$$$ and who will wipe out this chaotic malaise of uncertainty before it completely kills off the club.

fish eel

Immortal
Some of the ridiculous vitriol that's been flying round the last couple if days is pretty shameful IMO

Some of the ridiculous vitriol that's been flying round the last couple if days is pretty shameful IMO

I think it is only going to get worse. I fear this next election will be dragging the club through the muck once again, which will make for a very upsetting 7 months to come.

Eels Dude

Coach

I think the point is accepting such a decision without questioning it means the same think could happen again in another 12 months time. Do we again just sit back and think "oh well, no use worrying about the past. We've got a new coach for 2012 and they've got my full support". The board should realise a lot of fans are extremely annoyed about the way this situation has been handled. If every fan sits on their hands and just says "let's move on" then you're pretty much approving the board to do anything they want and get away with murder.

fish eel

Immortal
PHP:
I think it is only going to get worse. I fear this next election will be dragging the club through the muck once again, which will make for a very upsetting 7 months to come.

And I'm not singleling any one side out. Some of the comments on here recently directed at posters and people involved in the club have been deadset disgraceful and an embarrassment

sooperdooper

First Grade
I think the point is accepting such a decision without questioning it means the same think could happen again in another 12 months time. Do we again just sit back and think "oh well, no use worrying about the past. We've got a new coach for 2012 and they've got my full support". The board should realise a lot of fans are extremely annoyed about the way this situation has been handled. If every fan sits on their hands and just says "let's move on" then you're pretty much approving the board to do anything they want and get away with murder.

the fans you refer to are the ones who have been waiting since 1986 for another premiership.... they want success.
yet at the first sign of our management doing something to help us succeed on the field they have a whinge about loyalty...

please we all need to grow up and accept the decision... that is sport. People get sacked, ando has copped it. Many coaches in all codes have copped it.

some people grow and move onto a better career others die by the sword...

We did not have success in 2010 and that rests with ando.

Life is a b!tch but if you want success in sport you need to be willing to make decisions that might be hard on people at the time...