What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

If they stage a coup there could that potentially push some of our FC Board Members onto the LC Board?

The constitution states that there must be 2 members of the LC board on the FC board and 2 FC board members on the LC board. The FC constitution states that the President and Vice President must be LC board members as well.

Currently I think their are 3 cross Board members. Geoff Gerard, Roy Spagnolo and the new member Mr Duncan.

cgee221

Juniors
The constitution states that there must be 2 members of the LC board on the FC board and 2 FC board members on the LC board. The FC constitution states that the President and Vice President must be LC board members as well.

Currently I think their are 3 cross Board members. Geoff Gerard, Roy Spagnolo and the new member Mr Duncan.

Hypothetically speaking here, say those 3 members don't get re-elected and have the 3 lowest vote counts, does that mean that 2 new faces will come onto the LC Board?

El Diablo

Post Whore
well the football club AGM has always been December and if there's a challenge, which I believe there will be (steered by Dennis Fitzgerald) it will be for the football club board.

he said Fitzgerald was not involved with the latest coup

Gronk

Staff member

Yes that's what has been reported. A group of former players but no Fitzy.

I guess Fitzy has enough in his plate with the club taking him to the Supreme Court. Do you know what that is about El D ?

CrazyEel

Bench
Haha that's what everyone thought they were getting with 3P. I'm not going to sit and say I told you all so. But f**k me did I cop it when I dared question their credibility leading up to the elections.
No I have no regrets whatever for voting Fitzy out, and if it means voting 3p again to keep him out I will happily do so. Can't go backwards, the last 30 years of wandering in the wilderness with Fitzy are still too clear in my memory to ever want a return to that.

I've been around too long and been through too many changes at Parra to allow the emotion and hysteria prevailing now to push me into knee jerk reactions. Time will tell.

Hypothetically speaking here, say those 3 members don't get re-elected and have the 3 lowest vote counts, does that mean that 2 new faces will come onto the LC Board?

As per the last election, 5 new members would be elected but the 2 highest vote getters that are LC board members would be appointed to the board and in the FC's case they would be made President/Chairman and Vice President.

Gronk

Staff member
No I have no regrets whatever for voting Fitzy out, and if it means voting 3p again to keep him out I will happily do so. Can't go backwards, the last 30 years of wandering in the wilderness with Fitzy are still too clear in my memory to ever want a return to that.

I've been around too long and been through too many changes at Parra to allow the emotion and hysteria prevailing now to push me into knee jerk reactions. Time will tell.

I never questioned the necessity of ousting Fitzy either. I just had reservations over the quality of the mob that wanted to take over.

CrazyEel

Bench
I never questioned the necessity of ousting Fitzy either. I just had reservations over the quality of the mob that wanted to take over.
Just like changing long term govt's you just have to accept you need to go through a few cycles (elections) when you change entrenched administrations. The long term gain of renewal and rebirth is worth the short term pain that inexperience brings in digging out the entrenched rot. There is no other way IMO.

fish eel

Immortal

I believed at the time and still do that the 3p candidates were better quality than the incumbents. Been a rocky period but I genuinely believe the change has been for the better. I certainly won't vote for change again unless there are some outstanding people putting their hands up, and I won't even contemplate anyone who has been orchestrated by Fitzy.

strider

Post Whore

Yes that's what has been reported. A group of former players but no Fitzy.

I guess Fitzy has enough in his plate with the club taking him to the Supreme Court. Do you know what that is about El D ?

what stags said/did ... ;-)

fitzy aint dumb - he knows he effectively got the arse last time - if he fronts something this time you've gotta think he won't get up .... better to get some friends in and then work from there

Gronk

Staff member
Well the "former players group" are on a hiding to nothing because even if they aren't associated with Fitzy, 3P will say they are.

CrazyEel

Bench
I don't think anyone is really in any doubt about which former players are Fitzy aligned. Those allegiances have been in place for decades so if a genuinly independent player group is formed they won't get tarnished. Once the names are known we'll all know where they line up. ;-)

Nobody wants Fitzy back, the new mob are screwed if they think we are stupid.

We won't be around longer than 5 years if Fitzy gets control again.

cgee221

Juniors
As per the last election, 5 new members would be elected but the 2 highest vote getters that are LC board members would be appointed to the board and in the FC's case they would be made President/Chairman and Vice President.

Thanks for clearing that up MITS, I wasn't too sure on the process. Makes it a lot easier to decide where my vote is going now.

metatulose

Juniors
I think Ossie has done execellant job. If the guy does not have any future plan why we want to keep him. WE could have kept him if we performed well this season. We have not so why bothering extending one more year. The present trend shows, that we are not going to achieve anything next year, so why bother going through one more year with no result. DA had opportunity to develop a good team and he has failed. So I do not see why we should keep him.
from the new coach perspective, if he can deliver us on top 4 next year, have a future plan and deliver GF in 2012, I do not mind keeping him. But if he is going to go the DA's way, I think board has every right to sack him.

I think Ossie has done execellant job. If the guy does not have any future plan why we want to keep him. WE could have kept him if we performed well this season. We have not so why bothering extending one more year. The present trend shows, that we are not going to achieve anything next year, so why bother going through one more year with no result. DA had opportunity to develop a good team and he has failed. So I do not see why we should keep him.
from the new coach perspective, if he can deliver us on top 4 next year, have a future plan and deliver GF in 2012, I do not mind keeping him. But if he is going to go the DA's way, I think board has every right to sack him.

Exactly.

Hellsy

Immortal
I believed at the time and still do that the 3p candidates were better quality than the incumbents. Been a rocky period but I genuinely believe the change has been for the better. I certainly won't vote for change again unless there are some outstanding people putting their hands up, and I won't even contemplate anyone who has been orchestrated by Fitzy.

Absolutely agree with you Fish, absolutely agree.

Latest posts