What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

TheParraboy

Staff member
Pricey is the man for the job.......He has ALL the answers to EVERYTHING....be it Pride, Passion or Performance.
Ask the pigeons at the Stadium what they think of him.....

I wouldnt ask the ones sitting and pooing on his satue tbh :D

forward pass

Coach
5 grand finals with 3 teams in 9 years proves he can coach unless you believe it was a fluke

On his successful seasons, and what I have read a few players and commentators have said about him.

Honestly - he may be a good coach - how would I know I don't play under him.

BUT - as a long time supporter with what I consider to be a pretty good knowledge of the game, there were matches this season, and a few last season where we were a complete and utter rabble. Seriously, I can't recall a side playing so poorly so often.

There is another thread somewhere about the number of halves we went this year without scoring a point or a try. It was without a doubt a record of some sort and I am certain that is where DA lost the job. There was an obvious and glaring lack of creativity in the side and he ignored it week after week.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Lets just get one thing straight.

These "LEAKS" are happening in both camps. Where does everyone think Hadley gets his info from????

The post office, telecommunication, electricity, transport, hospitals, all roads, water, etc, were all owned 100% by the people. Through clever manipulation performed over time all public owned assets were made to look poorly run, run-down and not commercially viable. Today, our parents, grandparents and those generations over 35 years of age were all asleep at the wheel, almost everything owned by the people has been sold off and is now in the hands of private interests.

As Parramatta Eels fans, if we do not wake up to the fact that our club is being gradually taken over by scrupulous privatisation operatives, the new culture, the Eels club/s will eventually be set up as needing to be "privatised" as well. The Freemasonic agenda has always been to destroy all the traditional core Aussie values/culture of community based on certainty (honesty, integrity, accountability, reliability, sincerity, purity, etc,) and replace it with the new culture of an artificial "nice" spin-doctored idea of community ruled by privatisation ("nice" private corporations) that provide no certainty.

We have gone from full liability/responsibility to limited liability/responsibility, we have gone from serving the community for the benefit of all to whats in it for me (self-centeredness), we have gone from being in duty to others to the new me, me, me culture of indifference, greed, selfishness, power and control trips. Parramatta represents one of the last bastions of the original true Aussie values of giving everyone a fair go - if we lose this core traditional working-class value , we have lost the real heart & soul of what Parramatta was all about and is still about. If we Parramatta fans are to protect these traditional core values it means we have to get rid of 3P and everyone else involved in supporting the destruction of the original and ONLY real culture of Parramatta.

Many Parramatta hearts are bleeding today because they feel the real heart of Parramatta is dying, the traditional culture where a Mick Cronin handshake was more powerful than any piece of paper. A MANS word is everything.

WAKE UP EELS FANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE AND YOU LOSE YOUR REAL CULTURE.

Springs

First Grade
Seriously, I can't recall a side playing so poorly so often.

Wow, we must have been really bad to have been worse than the Sharks and Roosters last year, and the Sharks and Cowboys this year, not to mention Souths 02-06, etc

forward pass

Coach
Wow, we must have been really bad to have been worse than the Sharks and Roosters last year, and the Sharks and Cowboys this year, not to mention Souths 02-06, etc

Mate the sharks beat us twice this year - and we didn't score a point in the first one. :lol:

And at least the Sharks had a real go last year - and also beat us at parra! (as did the Roosters)

You are agreeing with me and you don't even realise !!

Gronk

Staff member
Hey gronk why don't we unleash our wives on the board at the next agm

Haha Rogue. I think you're onto something. Put the Balkan Babes in charge.

My missus would have Pricey sorted out quick smart.

she_wears_the_pants_t_shirt-p235880482440133128yjak_400.jpg

eelandia

Juniors
Short memories.

I was just as ashamed during the 90's, when our once proud club turned into a f**king rabble on the field, allowed to by Denis who wouldn't spend his money.
When he did, he gave us pride again.

Some of you lot are emotional babies.
We sacked a coach who has done no more than Hagan did in REAL results. If not for Hayne, we would have been likely wooden spooners two years in succession.

f**k me, get over it.
I'm actually looking forward to next season now.

Suity

Finally some rationality. For mine, that dark period between our last GF win and Super League were worse. SL was the trigger that pulled us out of the rut...not a dignified CEO and board.

Springs

First Grade
Mate the sharks beat us twice this year - and we didn't score a point in the first one. :lol:

And at least the Sharks had a real go last year - and also beat us at parra! (as did the Roosters)

You are agreeing with me and you don't even realise !!

I remember us at the Grand Final and the Sharks at 15th and then 14th. The Roosters beat us at SFS in Round 4 2009, no way am I agreeing with you. I don't remember either of the Sharks or the Roosters 09 or the Cowboys 10 playing like we did against the Storm, Bulldogs, Sharks, Warriors, Knights, Tigers, Panthers, Dragons, Titans, Bulldogs and Storm in 09, or against the Sea Eagles, Storm, Panthers and Bulldogs this year.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Not the Players. The Board.. The Management..

Let's see when or IF the 3P members, supporters and Leadbeater come on and defend their actions which have done more damage than Fitzgerald could do in 30 years of effort (and no, i'm not a fitzgerald supporter either).

Not only about the disgraceful way they have conducted this whole Daniel Anderson situation, but the way they have handled the Leaks.. the indecision, the failed promises, the lack of quality recruitment as promised, the totally unacceptable treatment of staff in the Eels Office and the hiring of Osborne who has been an absolute failure as CEO. (I still cannot believe they hired him over Andrew Hill but that's another story)

Come on 3P start the spin.. let's drop a few more leaks to try and justify your existence and create the stories that will soften the blow.

It was your organisation 3P that said you were striving for success on and off the field. So far you have hatcheted our internal operations of the footy club to the point that even the staff don't enjoy their work and now you sack the one bloke who was going to reverse the rot set-in by Hagan and his antics.

I don't know the full story as to why Anderson was given the flick so hastily, so I'm not going to get into it any further, but fair dinkum, you want to hire Steve Kearney???? an untested coach at NRL level other than assisting Bellamy who is the coach of a team who are talented enough to coach themselves.

I am ashamed of you and pray with all that I am and ever will be that You and subsequently Osborne are relieved of your responsbilities in due course. I only wish I could vote at the next election!!!!
[-X :evil: [-X :evil: [-X

I just thought I would stick my head in and have a look at the forum before I go and book myself back into Gosford Hospital this afternoon for another op, and look what I ran into.
Planeteels, everyone has a right to their opinion, but study up and get some facts before you start firing from the hip, and tell Denis misspelling my surname has not worried me since infants school, but if it rocks your world, spell it how you want. Let me go through your points and see if I can teach you something.

Answers to your paragraph 1.

There are no actions to defend, this club is a viable business that has demands for success from its members, and what was done was in the best interest of this NRL side, our club and our sponsors. Daniel's position was brought about by his own doing, his job was to coach that side and nothing more, but he delved into the nothing more, and I promise you those facts will be made public. The decision was made because it was not fair on Daniel, the players or the club for him to remain in a situation such as this, and anyone can read into that from the articles in the paper. Yes Planeteel you are a Fitzgerald supporter, and you will have the pleasure to become well informed on the damage done over his 30 years at the end of October, when the Supreme Court releases all documents.

Paragraph 2.

Sir, when you read the actual facts of the situation that has just occurred, you may reverse your statement on what party is disgraceful. Does anyone on this forum think we wanted Daniel to fail, does anyone believe that any member of the board wanted Daniel to be unsuccessful. No one wants to be in this situation, player, board member, sponsor or supporter/member. Your statement on recruitment, all Daniels call, he did not want Kevin Kingston, one our greateast assets last year, he did not want Felieti Mateo, Krisnan Inu but to be fair to Daniel, they were offered great money. Kris Keating left for personal reasons, is what I have been told. The half back situation and everyone they have approached, you would have to ask Daniel, but he definately wanted Matai and the big unit from the Cowboys, and I personally believe they will both be assests next year and beyond. Daniel was in total control of recruitment. On treatment of staff, I cant wait until you all find out the truth on that and you will. Paul Osborne's appointment, he has had his moments, and has had his arse kicked on occassion, as he should, but when someone has been thrown in the deep end after an occupation of 30 years, I believe he has done a great job, but it can be better. ANDREW HILL...mate you have to be kidding??? Unfortunately I have my posts ripped off the forum when I tell the truth, so I will say nothing on Mr Hill until you all find out the truth. I note that you said on the Osborne appointment over Hill was another story, well I would love to hear your story, and you can bring your proof, and I am sure the board would be happy to show a member of our club their proof....I look forward to that.

Paragraph 3.

You say we should start our spin to soften the blow, 3P should create leaks. Does anyone really believe anyone from 3P would leak anything to bring grief and ridicule to their management of a club they all love?? Hadley received a leak on Thursday/Friday on the review conducted by Paul Osborne, Glenn Ducan and Geoff Gerard, and Hadley received it before all the other board members had received their email....I wonder who it was and whether they have ever leaked anything from the board room before. I wonder??

Paragraph 4.

Mate if you believe anyone of the staff in the Leagues Club dont enjoy working under the new management, well old mate you have not spoken to one person who works in that club. If you are talking about people working in the football office, well if they hate working for this club so much, and cannot get their heads around previous employees agendas, then perhaps they should move on, or are they waiting to have a crack at unfair dismissal.
Mick Hagan's antics. your kidding yourself, there has not been one bad word said within this club, or staff, about Mick until this post you have written. Daniel pulling this club together in the next 12 months, with all due respect, I think not.

Paragraph 5.

Mate you say you dont know the full story on why Daniel was sacked, so you wont make comment....well mate you are 4 paragraphs too late for that. Daniel is not there next year, and mate there is not a team in the world, in any sport who does not need a coach.

Paragraph 5.

It is a shame that you are ashamed, and thank you for praying for Ozzie, he being a good Catholic boy with 9 kids, I am sure he would appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

Why cant you vote at the next election...did Denis take your membership off you too???

Parra

Referee
"and I promise you those facts will be made public."

The question is when?

Why not now?

There is no court case - you are free to say what you want.

Parra

Referee
As long as the halfwit who signed Webb is sacked I am happy.

If DA has lost his job because of this act of idiocy then he only has himself to blame.

boxhead

First Grade
The half back situation and everyone they have approached, you would have to ask Daniel, but he definately wanted Matai and the big unit from the Cowboys, and I personally believe they will both be assests next year and beyond. Daniel was in total control of recruitment.

We recruited Steve Matai???? Really?? If true, HOLY SH*T!!!

EDIT: Parra, look at the end of my quote from Sangreal........he says Anderson had total control of recruitment.
Looks like the person you want gone has been sacked....if true it says something about Ando....

ParraAds

Juniors
I just thought I would stick my head in and have a look at the forum before I go and book myself back into Gosford Hospital this afternoon for another op, and look what I ran into.
Planeteels, everyone has a right to their opinion, but study up and get some facts before you start firing from the hip, and tell Denis misspelling my surname has not worried me since infants school, but if it rocks your world, spell it how you want. Let me go through your points and see if I can teach you something.

Answers to your paragraph 1.

There are no actions to defend, this club is a viable business that has demands for success from its members, and what was done was in the best interest of this NRL side, our club and our sponsors. Daniel's position was brought about by his own doing, his job was to coach that side and nothing more, but he delved into the nothing more, and I promise you those facts will be made public. The decision was made because it was not fair on Daniel, the players or the club for him to remain in a situation such as this, and anyone can read into that from the articles in the paper. Yes Planeteel you are a Fitzgerald supporter, and you will have the pleasure to become well informed on the damage done over his 30 years at the end of October, when the Supreme Court releases all documents.

Paragraph 2.

Sir, when you read the actual facts of the situation that has just occurred, you may reverse your statement on what party is disgraceful. Does anyone on this forum think we wanted Daniel to fail, does anyone believe that any member of the board wanted Daniel to be unsuccessful. No one wants to be in this situation, player, board member, sponsor or supporter/member. Your statement on recruitment, all Daniels call, he did not want Kevin Kingston, one our greateast assets last year, he did not want Felieti Mateo, Krisnan Inu but to be fair to Daniel, they were offered great money. Kris Keating left for personal reasons, is what I have been told. The half back situation and everyone they have approached, you would have to ask Daniel, but he definately wanted Matai and the big unit from the Cowboys, and I personally believe they will both be assests next year and beyond. Daniel was in total control of recruitment. On treatment of staff, I cant wait until you all find out the truth on that and you will. Paul Osborne's appointment, he has had his moments, and has had his arse kicked on occassion, as he should, but when someone has been thrown in the deep end after an occupation of 30 years, I believe he has done a great job, but it can be better. ANDREW HILL...mate you have to be kidding??? Unfortunately I have my posts ripped off the forum when I tell the truth, so I will say nothing on Mr Hill until you all find out the truth. I note that you said on the Osborne appointment over Hill was another story, well I would love to hear your story, and you can bring your proof, and I am sure the board would be happy to show a member of our club their proof....I look forward to that.

Paragraph 3.

You say we should start our spin to soften the blow, 3P should create leaks. Does anyone really believe anyone from 3P would leak anything to bring grief and ridicule to their management of a club they all love?? Hadley received a leak on Thursday/Friday on the review conducted by Paul Osborne, Glenn Ducan and Geoff Gerard, and Hadley received it before all the other board members had received their email....I wonder who it was and whether they have ever leaked anything from the board room before. I wonder??

Paragraph 4.

Mate if you believe anyone of the staff in the Leagues Club dont enjoy working under the new management, well old mate you have not spoken to one person who works in that club. If you are talking about people working in the football office, well if they hate working for this club so much, and cannot get their heads around previous employees agendas, then perhaps they should move on, or are they waiting to have a crack at unfair dismissal.
Mick Hagan's antics. your kidding yourself, there has not been one bad word said within this club, or staff, about Mick until this post you have written. Daniel pulling this club together in the next 12 months, with all due respect, I think not.

Paragraph 5.

Mate you say you dont know the full story on why Daniel was sacked, so you wont make comment....well mate you are 4 paragraphs too late for that. Daniel is not there next year, and mate there is not a team in the world, in any sport who does not need a coach.

Paragraph 5.

It is a shame that you are ashamed, and thank you for praying for Ozzie, he being a good Catholic boy with 9 kids, I am sure he would appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

Why cant you vote at the next election...did Denis take your membership off you too???

Oh dear... didn't take long did it.

Parra

Referee
Anderson gone seems stupid.

Not having a top line coach ready to replace him would be even more stupid.

Having Kearney as an option takes the cake - this is even dumber than signing Webb.

If Anderson truly was the instigator behind signing Webb then I am glad he is gone. I find it hard to believe that he was the instigator, but if he was then so be it. As long as we have a top shelf coach already lined up. Where is that announcement?

strider

Post Whore
We recruited Steve Matai???? Really?? If true, HOLY SH*T!!!

EDIT: Parra, look at the end of my quote from Sangreal........he says Anderson had total control of recruitment.
Looks like the person you want gone has been sacked....if true it says something about Ando....
he means Reni Maitua

Bigfella

Coach
Hadley received a leak on Thursday/Friday on the review conducted by Paul Osborne, Glenn Ducan and Geoff Gerard, and Hadley received it before all the other board members had received their email

I am not just blindly accepting this because it came from Sevens, but it has the ring of truth to me.

I will wait before ijudge anyone but it just seems nonsenical to think that the majority of the board had anything to gain by these leaks.

On the other hand, there is an obvious interest group who may have wished to destabalise the majority of the new board.

It will be fascinating to