What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

Delboy

First Grade
Look, at the end of the day, we all wanted DA tro succeed, a local boy who came through our system.

It appears that we were prepared to forget the poor perfomances and lack of structure in a lot of areas because we really wanted him to come through. This hysteria needs to be put into perspective, as I suggested the forumites who are lucky enough to be able to speak to people at the club understand that it was the right decision.

sooperdooper

First Grade
The review was conducted by members of the board. I read that it is referred to an "independent review". We can take that with a grain of salt considering that they sounded out a new coach a few months ago...

Anyway, it's done now and the marriage is over. Like any divorce, people will take sides and the protagonists will lick their wounds.

Time to move on and stop with the he said she said stuff. We're all better now Quade. Really we are. ;-)

stop with the he said she said?

I am only saying what i have been told from people inside the camp... that anderson was not up to it.

The review shows that - our performances show that.

TheRam

Coach
As Rothfield said on Sunday, the Board are hoping for a good start to the season and they did not have the confidence that Ando could do that.

If come April the team are up there the punters will forgive them trust me as they are 1000 times more concerned about the team playing well than anything else.

Sure, but don't hold your breath if we still don't have a halfback.

Mickyd39

Juniors
Where is Sangreal86? I thought he would be on here defending 3P and their decision to oust DA.

Parra Guru

Coach
would anyone who 'spoke to someone at the club' like some Kleenex before you get stains?

It doesn't discount other people's opinions, even if they disagree with you!!

strider

Post Whore
can I ask a question ...

Do all NRL teams have 5 year plans for football operations? .... you are lucky to have players signed to a 2 or 3 yr deal these days - and all that is open to a million possibilities of those contracts not finishing these days ... and coaches are generally doing well to last their 3 years in charge.

tbh I'd be surprised if teams did have firm 5 yr plans ...... you'd hope for 1 or 2 yrs, but things are fluid in league - hard to make concrete plans for 5 yrs time

mrpwnd

Bench
Well, now that DA is well and truly gone, I don't think the question should be if we're getting Kearney or not, but whether any coach would even want to coach us out of this piss poor state that we're in atm.
I'm sure even Brett Kenny would hesitate if given the offer.

parra pete

Referee
Well, now that DA is well and truly gone, I don't think the question should be if we're getting Kearney or not, but whether any coach would even want to coach us out of this piss poor state that we're in atm.
I'm sure even Brett Kenny would hesitate if given the offer.

Pricey is the man for the job.......He has ALL the answers to EVERYTHING....be it Pride, Passion or Performance.
Ask the pigeons at the Stadium what they think of him.....

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
On what basis do you make that statement???
You'll find no matter the coach, that statement would always be purely subjective.
I don't think i'd call any coach 'good', but there is no denying that DA has been successful during his last decade as a coach.
Whether or not DA would be successful at Parra, we have now denied him that opportunity, particularly with the lack of halves in our club.
It'd be a stretch to insinuate the claim that he's a bad coach though. I'm still under the belief that at this stage he is still our best coach for 2011, it may just be some naivety on my part.

mrpwnd

Bench
For one win.
So not being able to win a grand final suddenly puts him in the standard of sh*t coaching?
I don't know about you, but just the prospect of reaching a grand final is a pretty damn good achievement, not everyone we get is going to be another Jack Gibson.

Avenger

Immortal
Boys I would have given him another year. However we need to move on and support the new coach.