What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36 years and the first time I've been ashamed of our Club

sam54no

Juniors
Anderson gone seems stupid.

Not having a top line coach ready to replace him would be even more stupid.

Having Kearney as an option takes the cake - this is even dumber than signing Webb.

If Anderson truly was the instigator behind signing Webb then I am glad he is gone. I find it hard to believe that he was the instigator, but if he was then so be it. As long as we have a top shelf coach already lined up. Where is that announcement?

Even if Anderson was responsible for signing Webb, it doesn't warrant him being sacked over it. Webb may turn out to be the buy of the season. we won't know until this time next year.

The way Ando was treated by the board is disgraceful. But nothing can be done now.

The thing that is most annoying, is that why wait so long to do it. If we had signed Kearney which looks like happening 1 or 2 months ago, there may have been a chance that he may bring some players with him.

Now whoever take's on the coaching role next year, has almost no say in recruitment.

I wouldn't be suprised if every off contract coach is linked to us like every halfback was.

Why can't we just have 1 f**ken season where we don't see the headlines: "EELS IN CRISIS"

CrazyEel

Bench
I am not just blindly accepting this because it came from Sevens, but it has the ring of truth to me.

I will wait before ijudge anyone but it just seems nonsenical to think that the majority of the board had anything to gain by these leaks.

On the other hand, there is an obvious interest group who may have wished to destabalise the majority of the new board.

It will be fascinating to
It does seem kinda weird a board would continue undermining themselves by leaking material to damage their reputation and chances of re-election.

Unless of course you were a board member aligned with another faction then that would make perfect sense I suppose :sarcasm:

Gronk

Staff member
I am not just blindly accepting this because it came from Sevens, but it has the ring of truth to me.

I will wait before ijudge anyone but it just seems nonsenical to think that the majority of the board had anything to gain by these leaks.

On the other hand, there is an obvious interest group who may have wished to destabalise the majority of the new board.

It will be fascinating to

Rothfield said that Ando contacted Hadley.

boxhead

First Grade
Good grief....all these conflicting rumours about who said what.....
Why can't we all just move forward and forget about who done what....
I just want this club running, I want the blue and gold to not be riddled with constant drama...
None of this "I will ditch the club" BS, I'm sick of it....

CrazyEel

Bench
Good grief....all these conflicting rumours about who said what.....
Why can't we all just move forward and forget about who done what....
I just want this club running, I want the blue and gold to not be riddled with constant drama...
None of this "I will ditch the club" BS, I'm sick of it....
It would be interesting to know how many of those "ditching the club" or calling for the sacking of the board are actually eligible voting members?

Commodore

Juniors
My concern is what coach and what player would want to come to our great club given the badly managed basket case we have become??:crazy:

jayjayselmes

Juniors
I am going to make a "BIG CALL". This place has gone to $hit since fitzgerald left!!
This is worse than before!!! By a long shot!!!!

Kearney???? bwhahaaah your kidding right? Better than Ando? Doubt it

Eels Dude

Coach
The problems with our club is at a level well above the coach and anyone argueing otherwise needs to understand that. Was DA responsible for us not being able to lure Kimmorley, Barrett, Orford, Cooper or Cronk over? He's not the one who negotiates the contracts. Is he responsible for every single leak to the media and constant rumours, and there have been heaps this year? He's not responsible for people like Ossie coming out and giving fans false hopes when it comes to player signings or what not.

The buck has to stop with the board and CEO and they're the ones who've made some very poor decisions over the past 8 or 9 months and Ando is being made a scapegoat for that. This board are acting like a bunch of amateurs from the way I see it and after all they promised the first thing they should be doing is listening to what the fans want and they can't even do that.

offside ref

Juniors
were been run like a amatur team not a first grade team, but as iv said before i support the team not the board whoever takes over will have my support.

but for the greater good we need a bored change

Was DA responsible for us not being able to lure Kimmorley, Barrett, Orford, Cooper or Cronk over?
i dont think you can blame anyone for those players not coming here in cronks case it was the storm who refused to release him we may still get quade i know im a die hard but we will see whats what after the world cup if he always wanted to stay in rugby and was just using us to up his price why did he only sign a one year deal?

CrazyEel

Bench
The buck has to stop with the board and CEO and they're the ones who've made some very poor decisions over the past 8 or 9 months and Ando is being made a scapegoat for that. This board are acting like a bunch of amateurs from the way I see it and after all they promised the first thing they should be doing is listening to what the fans want and they can't even do that.

offside ref said:
but for the greater good we need a bored change
If you want the board to change you simply have to vote them out, are you going to do that or are you asking others to do it for you?

Eels Dude

Coach
i dont think you can blame anyone for those players not coming here in cronks case it was the storm who refused to release him we may still get quade i know im a die hard but we will see whats what after the world cup if he always wanted to stay in rugby and was just using us to up his price why did he only sign a one year deal?

Agreed, but if part of the Board's review of 2010 included recruitment for 2011 then that's highly unfair to put that down to Ando.

Eels Dude

Coach
If you want the board to change you simply have to vote them out, are you going to do that or are you asking others to do it for you?

I've not been a member of the football club long enough to have voting rights... and even if I were it wouldn't matter as while the Leagues club board still controls the NRL side you need to have been a member of Parramatta Leagues club for 3 years to vote out the current board, something a lot of people thinking they have voting rights next election don't actually realise.

CrazyEel

Bench
I've not been a member of the football club long enough to have voting rights... and even if I were it wouldn't matter as while the Leagues club board still controls the NRL side you need to have been a member of Parramatta Leagues club for 3 years to vote out the current board, something a lot of people thinking they have voting rights next election don't actually realise.
Yeah i realise that, I was just asking if you guys, well the angry ones actually, are eligible to vote. Nothing inferred in any way was just curious.

eels81236

Bench
Nothing unexpected. Much of it cut and paste, really. :sarcasm: Sorry Sangreal86. I'll just head off to "tell Denis" that I am "shooting from the hip".

Weren't Webb and "Matai" signed post the meeting with Kearney? :-k
Is there a reason why they are the only players in recruitment and retention given any sort of praise by Sangreal86? :-k
Is it utter bullsh*t that DA didn't want KevinK or was it a salary cap issue as stated numerous times previously? :-k
That's all I can be bothered with at the moment as I'm about to start cooking dinner.

I was one of 3P's most ardent critics prior to "the" elections. That was pre election. Post election I like to think I've given them as good go and as most and always supported Parra with all I can give. In fact, I have openly praised, including on this forum, a number things the "board" have done since their appointment, much to the surprise of many, i'm sure.
However, I like to think that I can spot bullsh*t when it is being spoon fed to me. Sangreal86's post, with all due respect, is as biased and agenda driven as we will ever see on this site. He has to say these things. He is a loyal man who stands by his mates. It's the Australian thing to do and should be respected for it.
Now let me get this straight, I totally agree that DA's position at the club was untenable for next year. It would have done more damage to keep him here than "let him go". I also believe that a percentage of the blame for that must lie at the feet of his employers. How great a percentage is questionable. However, the way the entire situation has been handled has been an utter disgrace, beginning months ago when Ossie was found to be acting "beyond board instruction". :roll: Add that to our constant soap opera script being played out in the media It does not portray our great club in the in the light it deserves. We have looked amateurish. We deserve better. We need to continue our reputation as one of the most professional clubs in the league. You cannot do that by being on the back page of the paper constantly for the wrong reasons. The club has a lot to do fan relations and more importantly customer relations wise to repair the damage done over the last week or so in paticular.
Many will simply dismiss what I say due to my previous stances and that is understandable. I do it to certain others myself. These are simply my views.

boxhead

First Grade
Agreed, but if part of the Board's review of 2010 included recruitment for 2011 then that's highly unfair to put that down to Ando.

We keep being told Anderson had full control of who he wanted to recruit, and the board members were responsible for negotiation.

If that is true, we can blame both parties for stuffing up.
Anderson for completely disregarding players like Blake Ferguson, Wade Graham, and so many others and going after risky old timers like Reni Maitua and Carl Webb (both who may do very well however).
The board for stuffing up on negotiations with various players and not being able to lure all the players Anderson wanted to the club.

Admittedly, we couldn't get Cronk because the Storm hard-walled, we couldn't get Cooper because the lure of the Union World Cup was too big, Kimmoreley and Barrett both chose to retire and are happy with their decisions, and Orford is a basket case; do we really want him, are we willing to pay his transfer fee, have other options popped up? These are things both the club and Anderson shouldn't be blamed for IMO, however they are all responsible for mistakes.

Hopefully, with the new coach, we can actually look forward to new recruitment news; Staggs said in the signings thread that new player signings may be announced with the coach signing......something to get excited about :)

CrazyEel

Bench
Nothing unexpected. Much of it cut and paste, really. :sarcasm: Sorry Sangreal86. I'll just head off to "tell Denis" that I am "shooting from the hip".

Is there a reason why they are the only players in recruitment and retention given any sort of praise by Sangreal86? :-k
Is it utter bullsh*t that DA didn't want KevinK or was it a salary cap issue as stated numerous times previously? :-k
That's all I can be bothered with at the moment as I'm about to start cooking dinner.

I was one of 3P's most ardent critics prior to "the" elections. That was pre election. Post election I like to think I've given them as good go and as most and always supported Parra with all I can give. In fact, I have openly praised, including on this forum, a number things the "board" have done since their appointment, much to the surprise of many, i'm sure.
However, I like to think that I can spot bullsh*t when it is being spoon fed to me. Sangreal86's post, with all due respect, is as biased and agenda driven as we will ever see on this site. He has to say these things. He is a loyal man who stands by his mates. It's the Australian thing to do and should be respected for it.
Now let me get this straight, I totally agree that DA's position at the club was untenable for next year. It would have done more damage to keep him here than "let him go". I also believe that a percentage of the blame for that must lie at the feet of his employers. How great a percentage is questionable. However, the way the entire situation has been handled has been an utter disgrace, beginning months ago when Ossie was found to be acting "beyond board instruction". :roll: Add that to our constant soap opera script being played out in the media It does not portray our great club in the in the light it deserves. We have looked amateurish. We deserve better. We need to continue our reputation as one of the most professional clubs in the league. You cannot do that by being on the back page of the paper constantly for the wrong reasons. The club has a lot to do fan relations and more importantly customer relations wise to repair the damage done over the last week or so in paticular.
Many will simply dismiss what I say due to my previous stances and that is understandable. I do it to certain others myself. These are simply my views.
That's one of the more rational and objective views I've read on here of late and find myself agreeing with many of your latter points.

Eels Dude

Coach
We keep being told Anderson had full control of who he wanted to recruit, and the board members were responsible for negotiation.

If that is true, we can blame both parties for stuffing up.
Anderson for completely disregarding players like Blake Ferguson, Wade Graham, and so many others and going after risky old timers like Reni Maitua and Carl Webb

And if that's the case that's hardly fair because it's only Ando's head on the chopping block. We don't need another high priced over-rated winger in Blake Ferguson, and we were clearly chasing an experienced half not another young rookie in Wade Graham.

I wouldn't expect too many more signings when we get a new coach as there are no players left on the market except for fringe first graders rejected by other clubs.

Sangreal 86

Juniors

No mate they were Daniels signings.

Kevin Kingston was not a salary cap issue.

Mate with all due respect to yourself and all on this site, I come on here to get your opinions and feed it back to those in power. I dont get paid, I do it because I believe I was involved in something positive for the future of this club. I could not give a f**k about what any of you think of me, but my only agenda is to have this club back on top again, and some of the sh*t and disrespect I get and give back in return, is really questioning whether this is worth while.

With all respect Eel81236 I have not read all your post above, as the medication is kicking in before I go in hospital for an operation tomorrow,I will have a squizz on Wednesday and get back to you. I am no diplomat and have no intensions of becoming one, but we did say or I said I would continue to cpome on this site and voice your opinion to the boards, but if I want to be in a stink every night, I'll go and kick the Rebels front gate in. I enjoy spirited banter, but I am not going to be called a liar.