What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ASHES TEST: @ Headingley, Leeds July 6-10, 2023

BunniesMan

Immortal
The captain doesn't make most decisions. How people don't understand this is bizarre
Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh would have told the coach to F himself if they were told to stick to such idiotic plans. The captain has the right to change the field, he should have the balls to do it when necessary, and dare any idiot who isn't playing to sack him for it.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Novak when he's down on the scoreboard

giphy.gif

Novak after a magical timeout

giphy.gif

simmo1

First Grade
Being a sports fan is weird.

Bust my gut working all week, then spend my precious free time in homebush watching a NSW cup level Rabbitohs side lose to the Bulldogs, followed by watching the Aussies squander a winning position and lose an Ashes test

I really should have just gone to the movies lol

Try watching your NRL side roll out a NSW cup level side for 10+ years.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Being a sports fan is weird.

Bust my gut working all week, then spend my precious free time in homebush watching a NSW cup level Rabbitohs side lose to the Bulldogs, followed by watching the Aussies squander a winning position and lose an Ashes test

I really should have just gone to the movies lol
The highs are worth it. Easy to lose sight of that but I really believe it

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Always 100 runs too short. This was day 4 of the test. If we had applied ourselves in the second innings we could have set them something unchasable.

Weird fields and poor captaincy. They went at 5 runs an over so the defensive fields didn't work.
Murphy may not have taken any wickets but to have him bowl only 2 overs really plays havoc with his confidence.

Boland will go. Just a little too one dimemsional. Warner should join him but won't. Difficult decision if Green is fit.

I am confident we'll retain the ashes as Engkand aren't that good but certainly better with Woods in the team. Although he's 33! His feather ruffling days will soon be over.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Always 100 runs too short. This was day 4 of the test. If we had applied ourselves in the second innings we could have set them something unchasable.

Weird fields and poor captaincy. They went at 5 runs an over so the defensive fields didn't work.
Murphy may not have taken any wickets but to have him bowl only 2 overs really plays havoc with his confidence.

Boland will go. Just a little too one dimemsional. Warner should join him but won't. Difficult decision if Green is fit.

I am confident we'll retain the ashes as Engkand aren't that good but certainly better with Woods in the team. Although he's 33! His feather ruffling days will soon be over.
We lost it when we let England go from 7/142 to 237 in 1st innings.

Wrap them up for 170 we win

JJ

Immortal
Good win for the Poms. All tests have been competitive, but from both sides sone really poor fundamentals… catching, batting, tactics…. Fun to watch when I can though

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I went to bed when we only needed 4 wickets and they needed 60 odd runs, with the tactics we had no hope of victory. We needed 10 wickets so try and bowl them out instead it’s ultra negative fields and more halfway up the wicket dross. Who is coming up with these tactics and bowling plans?? Because they are f**king geniused. The only reason we have one two tests is the stupidity of England and the fact their keeper has stumps for hands.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The captain doesn't make most decisions. How people don't understand this is bizarre
Who does then?? I’m sure he and the coaches make the plans with the bowling group but if he isn’t smart enough to see it’s not working out on the field has no business being captain. I was chatting to my best mates two sons who are 14 and 12 respectively and decent cricketers and they asked me what the hell is going on with the negative tactics? If kids that young can see it why can’t Greta?

Bazal

Post Whore
Cummins is an incredibly passive, tactically incapable captain. It was always going to be a problem but I didn't think he'd be this poor tbh. I guess that's what happens when you pick your captain based on a popularity contest. I think it's affecting his bowling as well.

Still very confident we don't lose this series and probably win it, but FMD we've made it hard on ourselves. 251 would have been enough with the right fields and bowling changes.

Bazal

Post Whore

Lol. Come on lad you know that's not accurate.

The bowling coach and the bowling group make the bowling plans, sure. But the captain makes just about all the on field calls. Including adapting, changing, or throwing the plan out the window if it's clearly not working. That's the bit Cummins sucks at