What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v England at Perth Dec 13-17, 2013

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Please tell me what other team would put up with a number 3 who has played 49 tests for 3 100s?

Timbo

Staff member
I guess there are two big issues;

1 - We need the fifth bowler and the likes of Faulkner aren't good enough to bat top 6.
2 - No batsmen are putting their hands up. We talk of Doolan, Maddinson, Silk etc but they aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

If they replace him, it'll likely be with WilliamGilbertGrace. And I have less confidence in him than Watson.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Especially if we win this test and the series is over get rid of Rogers and Watson and blood this top 3 in the 2 dead rubbers:

1. Warner
2. That Guy
3. Silk

The top 3 of the future.

Clarke isn't a selector so telling him would be pointless
Clarke is responsible for the order. I'm over Watson but if he must be played there is no justification for putting him any higher than 6. The lower he is the less damage his consistent failure will do to us.

Timbo

Staff member
Especially if we win this test and the series is over get rid of Rogers and Watson and blood this top 3 in the 2 dead rubbers:

1. Warner
2. That Guy
3. Silk

The top 3 of the future.

Clarke is responsible for the order. I'm over Watson but if he must be played there is no justification for putting him any higher than 6. The lower he is the less damage his consistent failure will do to us.

I'm not following - who is your number 2?

Timbo

Staff member
Teeny needs a ton, preferably a whopper.

One of Smith and Bailey needs likewise. Haddin can't be expected to keep scoring huge.

BunniesMan

Immortal
uh oh. We need Smith and Bailey now to score runs when it actually matters. Otherwise we'll be relying on Haddin and Johnson to save the batsmen yet again.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'm not too worried even with a relatively poor score. 200 isn't bad if we roll them for 150. But still doesn't excuse the terrible errors in judgement made especially by Rogers and Watson

Horrie Is God

First Grade
This is Steve Smith's big chance to prove he belongs at this level..

I can see plenty of Tugger Waugh in him, but he needs to start finding consistent good form..

Tommy Smith

Referee
I see no Tugger in him.

Steve Waugh was a 50 ave. batsman with over 30 tons and a rock solid technique. Not sure what part of that Steve Smith resembles.