What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v England at Perth Dec 13-17, 2013

Timbo

Staff member
They're not going to change 3 batsmen for Melbourne even if we lose this. And I think anything over 200 is competitive the way that England have been batting.

Bailey is the one who needs to go.

Taylor made a good point about Watson sliding down the order. I truly believe if Watson can't bat 3 - and he can't - Henriques should be batting at 6.

Xfactor1979

Bench
As unbeatable as Australia is at the WACA, it is the one ground Australia has lost more test matches at than the other grounds

Why? Because Australia run into f**king South Africa there! And the WACA is pretty much another home ground for South Africa

Also lots of South Africans live in Perth, the joke I share with South Africans in Sydney is "Hurray you made it all the way!", the joke being South Africans not being wealthy enough to fly all the way across to the east coast :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ease up on the Bailey hate, that was the fourth test innings of his career.

He never should have been there in the first place. Averaging below 20 since the start of last season in first class cricket. It's not just these 3 tests. He has shown he doesn't have enough in the long form of the game over many months

BunniesMan

Immortal
They're not going to change 3 batsmen for Melbourne even if we lose this. And I think anything over 200 is competitive the way that England have been batting.

Bailey is the one who needs to go.

Taylor made a good point about Watson sliding down the order. I truly believe if Watson can't bat 3 - and he can't - Henriques should be batting at 6.

I can't see them dropping twatto mid series. But Rogers and bailey are an achievable dream. Rogers straight swap out for the guy everyone hates. Silk in for bailey, silk to 3, Watto to 6 and on notice.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
at least Steve has age on his side and has the potential to turn into a good long term 5. looking ok at the moment.

Bailey and Rodgers I worry about

do we put Watto to six and bring back in WilliamGilbertGrace/Silk/Doolan? no one else making runs.. poor old Usman has gone awol for the start of the shield season after looking good in the Ryobi cup

its not a pretty top 6 outside of Warner and Clarke.... lucky we can bowl....:crazy:

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
at least Steve has age on his side and has the potential to turn into a good long term 5. looking ok at the moment.

Bailey and Rodgers I worry about

do we put Watto to six and bring back in WilliamGilbertGrace/Silk/Doolan? no one else making runs.. poor old Usman has gone awol for the start of the shield season after looking good in the Ryobi cup

its not a pretty top line-up outside of Warner and Clarke.... lucky we can bowl....:crazy:

LMFAO, things are dire if someone other than BM is suggesting WilliamGilbertGrace is the answer...

Yes, you can bowl, and very effectively in your conditions... But be nice to see England show some spine... and in Cook, Root, Pieterson, Bell and Prior there is certainly the ability there.... but Johnson has his geniused tail and confidence up... not allowing him early wickets is key for them

Matt23

Staff member
Silk & Doolan are worth a look, WilliamGilbertGrace can stay playing Shield cricket for at least another 2 seasons before he's even looked at again.

vvvrulz

Coach
He never should have been there in the first place. Averaging below 20 since the start of last season in first class cricket. It's not just these 3 tests. He has shown he doesn't have enough in the long form of the game over many months

Whatever his first class record is, he's had four bats at the top level and one of them was a 50.

He doesn't deserve the chop this soon, if he fails in the next innings and the next test also then you'd have to drop him.