What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v England at Perth Dec 13-17, 2013

Timbo

Staff member
People remember Johnson destroying England at the WACA last Ashes, but it's often forgotten Harris got a five-for in the same match.

He's just as important as Notch for this test.

JJ

Immortal
I still don't care what the dickhead Johnson has done in this series...

Harris is your best bowler, daylight second... Johnson is only useful if the planets are aligned, someone is pumping up his tyres and the other two quicks do a good job...

Red Bear

Referee
I didnt think Harris bowled so well in Adelaide, but thought he bowled better than Johnson in Brisbane, without the wicket rewards. He's been consistently good whenever he is fit, and would be a big loss. Not sold on either NCN or Bollinger as options.

chigurh

Having a quick scan of Twitter it seems Harris has been bowling today and is a good chance to play.

Faulkner was hit on the hand and is off to have a scan.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Harris is the 2nd best quick in the world behind Steyn when fit IMO. Agree with JJ Johnson this time next week could go back to bowling rubbish while Harris will just never let you down.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We have seen a lot of batsman be up and down, and then at some point they become really consistent, and permanent member of the side and one of the first picked eg Bell springs to mind.

Maybe Johnson finally gets it? Some one like McDermott has analysed the opposition, the conditions and Notch has followed instructions to a tea? I think the South African series will show how consistent he is. IF (its a big if) Johnson keeps bowling the way he is, then I pity South Africa and India next summer, (with Pattinson and Cummins raring to go as well). Come to papa Kholi :)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Harris is the 2nd best quick in the world behind Steyn when fit IMO. Agree with JJ Johnson this time next week could go back to bowling rubbish while Harris will just never let you down.
3rd best IMO behind Steyn and the criminally often forgotten Vernon Philander.

But no lower. Harris is a magnificent fast bowler.

jargan83

Coach
Just heard on ABC Radio that final decision will be made tomorrow morning but Clarke said he was confident Harris would play

Timbo

Staff member
One thing I'm sure of is that leaving Lyon out would be insane.

The bounce at the Gabba was what troubled the poms off of his bowling. The WACA will be no different.

Timbo

Staff member
That settles that.

So it's the same XI or Dougie for Rhino if injured.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Mr Slave looks a completely different bowler this series..

He's let us all down, multiple times, in the past, but i'm trusting what i've seen from him since the ODI's in India..

His action actually looks a hell of a lot tighter..

Now as long as his mum can stay out of the way he should be okay..

lockyno1

Post Whore
No issue with the rankings although how Ashwin's pies are that far up are...jeez!

Onto the test, Faulkner has a broken thumb (probably a blessing as the bloke is not a test cricketer). Harris should play, NCN the likely inclusion if he doesn't.

Latest posts