What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v England at Perth Dec 13-17, 2013

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mr Slave looks a completely different bowler this series..

He's let us all down, multiple times, in the past, but i'm trusting what i've seen from him since the ODI's in India..

His action actually looks a hell of a lot tighter..

Now as long as his mum can stay out of the way he should be okay..

I agree.

I mean, we are sort of expecting to see him go back to his old habits. And to be honest, there were times in Adelaide where his bowling was quick but didn't really offer much else.

Overall, though, I think he had been brilliant - genuinely fast, great bouncers and (dare I say it) intimidating - he's copped a lot of flack for it being intimidating or aggressive enough, but I don't think any of the Poms would claim he's not intimidating in this series.

I hope for our sake he has genuinely turned the corner, because they way he's currently bowling is superb.

HevyDevy

Coach
There are big questions hanging over Rogers, Watson, Smith, Bailey and to a lesser extent Warner... but WilliamGilbertGrace is not the answer to any of those questions.

How the f**k are there any question marks whatsoever over Warner?

Century in 1st Test, 87no in 2nd. Derp.

Other than that, Watson def in firing line and should have been a long time ago. Smith needs to improve but did score a decent 30-odd no last bat. Not time to dump yet.

Bailey has done okay so far. Not great, definitely needs to improve, but some potential shown.

I'd stick with the same squad with Watson on notice.

HevyDevy

Coach
This, Philander is amazing

1= Steyn/Philander
3. Harris
4. Broad
5. Anderson

That's probably about right. If Johnson bowled like this for a living he'd be No.1 with a bullet, but he has a long way to go in terms of consistency. Having said that, Craig McDermott should be PM.

We certainly haven't seen the real Jimmy Anderson this tour. Broad has been good.

It's interesting. Let's say Johnson bowls like this long term, and Harris stays fit. What happens when Pattinson comes back? I mean, obv Siddle will be the one in the firing line yet he is performing too. Then there is Starc, Cummins, Bird etc etc -from the depths of despair not so long ago that has to be the best fast bowling attack in the world. I mean, you go Johnson, Harris, Patto - that challenges Sth Africa. And depth wise it's no contest.

But as JJ says, got to sort the top order issues out.

HevyDevy

Coach
I agree.

I mean, we are sort of expecting to see him go back to his old habits. And to be honest, there were times in Adelaide where his bowling was quick but didn't really offer much else.

Overall, though, I think he had been brilliant - genuinely fast, great bouncers and (dare I say it) intimidating - he's copped a lot of flack for it being intimidating or aggressive enough, but I don't think any of the Poms would claim he's not intimidating in this series.

I hope for our sake he has genuinely turned the corner, because they way he's currently bowling is superb.

First time I can remember him putting two Tests like that back to back.

JJ

Immortal
Official Rankings

1 D.W. Steyn SA 903
2 V.D. Philander SA 899
3 H.M.R.K.B. Herath SL 831
4 Saeed Ajmal PAK 824
5 R. Ashwin IND 808
6 R.J. Harris AUS 792
7 P.M. Siddle AUS 781
8 S.C.J. Broad ENG 764
9 P.P. Ojha IND 756
10 J.M. Anderson ENG 710

http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings/content/page/211270.html

I was only talking quicks... that list is not too bad, but much as I think Siddle is good, I really don't see a planet on which he's better than Broad and Anderson...

TheParraboy

Staff member
1_art-wbCRICwacapitch3-620x349.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quite a bit of green on top.

Forecast is hotter
3 days of 37 followed by 38 & 30

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
has anyone seen the pitch ?

fmd, how green is it ?

Very green. Coupled with the heat it may not be a bad toss to lose.

Pitch will be bouncy, should be good swing too.

Pitch should lose that green top after 2 days

bazza

Immortal
I was only talking quicks... that list is not too bad, but much as I think Siddle is good, I really don't see a planet on which he's better than Broad and Anderson...

Anderson sucks a turd if there is no swing about

TheParraboy

Staff member
Harris will bowl well he always does, he will snag wickets Siddle will keep it tight

Notch if he bowls like he has been, well, lets say im not missing this for the world. Batter and bruise senseless the over rated tarts, let it go down in folklore that the ashes were regained by sheer brutality and total dominance

JJ

Immortal
Harris will bowl well he always does, he will snag wickets Siddle will keep it tight

Notch if he bowls like he has been, well, lets say im not missing this for the world. Batter and bruise senseless the over rated tarts, let it go down in folklore that the ashes were regained by sheer brutality and total dominance

Unless the Poms do something, I don't see Johnson bowling poorly... he's confident so nothing changes... just think he's borderline geniused and his mechanics are poor, so if the Poms can deny him things will turn... but at the moment he's a bit like a runaway train and the conditions are helpful - I guess 2nd innings Adelaide there were signs that if the phase of the moon changes he becomes a numpty again

TheParraboy

Staff member
Siddle has a better average, better economy rate and better strike rate (just) over Anderson

overall Siddle bowls better than Anderson overseas (talk about this biting people in the ass)

but yeah Anderson is better, lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
Unless the Poms do something, I don't see Johnson bowling poorly... he's confident so nothing changes... just think he's borderline geniused and his mechanics are poor, so if the Poms can deny him things will turn... but at the moment he's a bit like a runaway train and the conditions are helpful - I guess 2nd innings Adelaide there were signs that if the phase of the moon changes he becomes a numpty again

has a better bowling average and S/R than either Anderson or Broad

Imagine how much better that would be if he wasnt a numpty?, or are the englishmen over rated

I think a combination of both

typicalfan

Coach
Siddle takes the big wickets and is super consistent. Where other bowlers fire he usually only gets a wicket or two but even in bad sessions he is the one looking most likely

Latest posts