What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v England at Perth Dec 13-17, 2013

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**k its funny watching Bitchell playing tough.

With that mo, he's about as physically intimidating as Freddie Mercury

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure that's a serious question - are you arguing he's world class?

He's ok.. a work in progress - does some brilliant things and some geniused ones...

He is averaging over 41 now in test cricket in 24 tests.

No one is saying he is world class, your the one being questioned why he is medicore.

JJ

Immortal
He is averaging over 41 now in test cricket in 24 tests.

No one is saying he is world class, your the one being questioned why he is medicore.

yep, and I said he's a work in progress... merely an ok test opener at the moment for mine - nice that he's aggressive and all, but has a lot to learn... some very fine innings, some awful ones, and to be blunt when you get a start as an opener on the first day of a test you should do better than he has at times, and dumb shots need to be elimninated - not (IMO) acceptable to justify it by saying "that's just the way he is"... Steve Waugh could have kept hooking, then we might have a different view of him - Warner is getting there, as madunit says... but yep, for me, Clarke is the only one in your top 6 that is world class, the rest are mediocre (by which I meant servieceable test players [give or take])

Just my opinion, not worth shit I know, but neither are the Warner fan boys, or the tards claiming Clarke and his 42 average outside Aust is obviously the world's best player

Haffa

Not sure that's a serious question - are you arguing he's world class?

He's ok.. a work in progress - does some brilliant things and some geniused ones...
No I don't think he's world class yet. I just don't subscribe to your theory that a player is either world class or mediocre and there is nothing in between.

TheParraboy

Staff member
yep, and I said he's a work in progress... merely an ok test opener at the moment for mine - nice that he's aggressive and all, but has a lot to learn... some very fine innings, some awful ones, and to be blunt when you get a start as an opener on the first day of a test you should do better than he has at times, and dumb shots need to be elimninated - not (IMO) acceptable to justify it by saying "that's just the way he is"... Steve Waugh could have kept hooking, then we might have a different view of him - Warner is getting there, as madunit says... but yep, for me, Clarke is the only one in your top 6 that is world class, the rest are mediocre (by which I meant servieceable test players [give or take])

Just my opinion, not worth shit I know, but neither are the Warner fan boys, or the tards claiming Clarke and his 42 average outside Aust is obviously the world's best player

This is true,

But your the one in particular that gets upset and is repeatedly saying the same thing regarding Clarke and our top order is crap. Why get annoyed about comments by one or two aussie fans and trying to correct them into your opinion?? Its an aussie forum and we are all proud and excited to be winning tests and hopefully regain the ashes. You got to expect some chest pumping? Its just seems to bother you, really weird cause as you said, its worth shit

Go to an indian website and see what its like there, lol

Last edited:
According to the Indians, an average of 56 is better than 99.94.

That's a worry seeing as so many of them hold jobs in accounting.

vvvrulz

Coach
Broad is quick enough, and Finn was... not sure what's gone wrong with him, a year ago he looked the goods.

Despite the lack of pace, Tremlett also might be awkward on that wicket...

Tremlett was capable of getting it up in the 140's a few years ago, maybe injuries have slowed him down? He was really a handful once and not fodder like at the Gabba.

JJ

Immortal
This is true,

But your the one in particular that gets upset and is repeatedly saying the same thing regarding Clarke and our top order is crap. Why get annoyed about comments by one or two aussie fans and trying to correct them into your opinion?? Its an aussie forum and we are all proud and excited to be winning tests and hopefully regain the ashes. You got to expect some chest pumping? Its just seems to bother you, really weird cause as you said, its worth shit

Go to an indian website and see what its like there, lol

chest pumping and pride doesn't annoy me, stupidity does - and some here display that a wee bit too often

I am a realist is all - I have said repeatedly how good your quicks are (not Johnson, admittedly, and I'll stick to that too), but with Pattinson and Cummins the future looks great, and Ryan Harris is all quality... just saying that the you bats - WilliamGilbertGrace, Smith, Usman etc wither look technically disastrous or simply haven't stepped up... Warner, as I have said, is mixed... but could develop into an excellent test player - regardless of this test series, I don't see how a team with Rogers, Watson, Smith and Bailey as 4 of the top 6 can become the world's number 1 team... but I could be wrong

JJ

Immortal
Tremlett was capable of getting it up in the 140's a few years ago, maybe injuries have slowed him down? He was really a handful once and not fodder like at the Gabba.

Finn also was a handful a year or so ago...

Bresnan is a very good bowler, so should get a run if fit - might be worth giving Rankin a go, not seen much of him, but at 6 ft 7 if he can get his length in Perth he could be useful.

At the end of the day it remains their batting that has let them down most - an attack of Broad, Anderson, Bresnan and Swann (perhaps Finn) with Stokes should test Australia enough, but if they countinue to get mauled for under 200 this will be a whitewash

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
Can som1 plz make a gif of that :lol:

2958nll.gif

2ufdphg.gif

JJ

Immortal
It was Stokes, not Root and who cares anyway. Stokes gets out not long after this to Harris.

Stokes did the weird stare... many pics of Root laughing...

I think the contact disturbed Stokes... Stokes moved to his right in a half attempt to avoid Johnson, and Johnson held his ground... again childish, silly and unnecessary...

But boys will be boys

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Johnson is entitled to hold his line. You know this is the case so why even bother mentioning it ? Stokes should have got out of his way.

JJ

Immortal
Johnson is entitled to hold his line. You know this is the case so why even bother mentioning it ? Stokes should have got out of his way.

I said Stoke half tried to avoid it and Johnson held his ground... Root handled the verbal controntations well...

whole things was childish and backfired on Stokes...

anyway video is funny

Latest posts