What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v New Zealand at Adelaide on Nov 27-Dec 1, 2015

TheParraboy

Staff member
27/11 is one year on since the passing of Phil Hughes (may he continue to RIP)

They might dedicate this first day of the Adelaide test to him, no doubt there will be some tribute and emotion leading up to the test in some way

Khawaja and Johnson out

Siddle slots right in id imagine.

I would have said Bancroft, but he hasn't been performing well of late. They most likely will go with SMarsh for Khawaja, its only for a test or two

Kiwis might make a change or two. They have a 2 day game in Perth coming up

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haze has muscle soreness and could be rested according to ABC Grandstand.

ek999

First Grade
27/11 is one year on since the passing of Phil Hughes (may he continue to RIP)

They might dedicate this first day of the Adelaide test to him, no doubt there will be some tribute and emotion leading up to the test in some way

Khawaja and Johnson out

Siddle slots right in id imagine.

I would have said Bancroft, but he hasn't been performing well of late. They most likely will go with SMarsh for Khawaja, its only for a test or two

Kiwis might make a change or two. They have a 2 day game in Perth coming up

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...-for-phil-hughes-tribute-20151106-gksowg.html

Currently working with the family to determine what they will do

Marsh in for Khawaja and is the sensible option IMO. It is a pretty inexperienced batting lineup so bringing in Marsh for the two tests adds a bit more stability to the team. Siddle will no doubt play for Johnson. It will be great to have Pattinson back but I think a couple more shield games to prove he can survive a test series is needed

Ibleedblue

Juniors
Great to see Siddle back, happy with Pattison's selection. Don't like S.Marsh though I would've given Klinger or Banceoft a debut.

Timbo

Staff member
13 man squad, I'd go:

1-Warner
2-Burns
3-Smith
4-Voges
5-Nevill
6-O'Keefe
7-Starc
8-Siddle
9-Pattinson
10-Hazlewood
11-Lyon

There we go. Marsh free universe.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No surprise Marsh got picked, but whether he'll get picked in the 11, who knows, but I dont mind the above team though ^.

O'Keefe getting picked is an interesting one, obviously the pitch will favour the spinners.

ek999

First Grade
He's done well for us, Australia is tough for finger spinners.

Could be your nemesis though, Darsh might be able to handle him :lol:

Has he really been good for you? Besides those times that Australia were chasing quick runs at the end of an innings, I can't remember a single time he has either taken a wicket or tied one end up. 6 for 438 at an average of 73, a strike rate of 86 and an economy rate of 5.09

He'll probably win this match on his own now knowing my luck

EDIT: Had a look and all 6 of his wickets were at the end of an innings - 3 in the 2nd innings of the first test when Australia were looking to declare and 3 in the 1st innings of the second test which were the last 3 of that innings as Australia were looking to declare

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That article is spot on, 2 years on and nothing has changed with this bloke. He's still getting picked ahead of guys who ave done plenty more to deserve a call up.

chigurh

Has he really been good for you? Besides those times that Australia were chasing quick runs at the end of an innings, I can't remember a single time he has either taken a wicket or tied one end up. 6 for 438 at an average of 73, a strike rate of 86 and an economy rate of 5.09

He'll probably win this match on his own now knowing my luck

EDIT: Had a look and all 6 of his wickets were at the end of an innings - 3 in the 2nd innings of the first test when Australia were looking to declare and 3 in the 1st innings of the second test which were the last 3 of that innings as Australia were looking to declare

Yeah Craig really shines with the ball when the opposition score is between 500 and 600...but even then only when the batsmen is trying to hit him out of the park.

Latest posts