What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia V. Panikstan, 14 Jan Bellreive Oval

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
well done punter.... seriously the first hour or so of his innings i just sat here going only a matter of tme before he gets out h was playin that nervously..... a hour on unless he skys one they aint getting him out the way he playing.

On any given day when in form there is nothing better than watching ponting or tendulker bat in form... the shots are awesome

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It was an innings where he would have been feeling a fair bit of pressure. People are talking about moving him down the order ffs.

It was a good innings considering the pressure on him. I had a feeling he would pull out a big one today. I wasn't feeling too confident after he was dropped though. :lol:

I dont agree with any of this crap about dropping him to 5

We dont have anyone putting pressure on his No 3 spot for a start

yappy

Bench
Second best batsman we have ever produced. Can't believe there was talk of dropping him down the order. When there is a batsman in Australia better than Ponting then we talk about moving him down the order.

What an innings.

If Aamer could catch a cold he'd still be scratching around with the worst summer of his career.

It's great to see him back as we all want to enjoy more Ponting magic, but really he'll know how much he has to thank Pakistani ineptitude for his runs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Catches win matches and the Pakis couldn't catch a cold, but good
to see Ponting back in form. Pup has batted beautifully today.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's amazing how things are falling into place for England later this year. This current crop is pretty much safe for the Ashes, everyone getting their chance to shine at least once to keep their spot.

What will happen when England hit them.....I can't wait to see.:)

:lol::lol:

Ponting to drop to 5? :lol:

beads6

First Grade
I am sick to death of people doubting Pup he has been outstanding and is clearly the next leader for Australia IMO. Superb batting by pup.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Negative tactics by the Pakis already conceding we can't take a wicket. One wicket can bring 2 or 3 you never know.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am sick to death of people doubting Pup he has been outstanding and is clearly the next leader for Australia IMO. Superb batting by pup.
Where is Saab anyway, well I suppose we need to fail somewhere before he comments.

Very solid days play from Australia. Good to see Ponting and Clarke bring up well waited hundreds despite the dead rubber.

Pakistan's negative tactics are really sh*tting me, hopefully they come out tomorrow with a different tune

beads6

First Grade
Pakistan have no real leader, Yousuf only took the job because nobody else wanted it. There coach obviously has no clue also.

JJ

Immortal
They need Younis back, he was their leader... politics seem to be preventing it, apparently they can fly an average wicketkeeper half way around the world to replace Kamran, but they can't fly a world class batsman at the same time, even though they dropped two batsmen...

will do Ponting's confidence the world of good, but to be honest he still looked sh*t against the short ball early, so judgement best reserved.... I don't doubt his character and toughness though

Y2Eel

First Grade

He got his avg back in the 50's now... 50.13 as a matter of fact.......

I cant Kevin Peterson (sp) has 3 more hundreds than the pup at least he is being shown up now his avg is down to 48! and keep going down...

Red Bear

Referee
They need Younis back, he was their leader... politics seem to be preventing it, apparently they can fly an average wicketkeeper half way around the world to replace Kamran, but they can't fly a world class batsman at the same time, even though they dropped two batsmen...

will do Ponting's confidence the world of good, but to be honest he still looked sh*t against the short ball early, so judgement best reserved.... I don't doubt his character and toughness though
Would've been a completely different story had they held one of the easiest catches ever.

Once he got past 50 he batted pretty damn well though. Agree with the ABC commentators, if he is to continue he can no longer come out and try and dominate, neds to get himself to that 50 mark then start to play his shots when he is well and truely played in.