What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: India v England @ Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot Feb 15-19, 2024

JJ

Immortal
Duckett really should read a little bit about cricket, or check YouTube

bazza

Immortal
Bazball seems to be about zero accountability even when criticism is warranted.
I think it is instead of having average cricketers with technical limitations play normally and lose most of their games, the average cricketers fluke a few extra runs before losing most of their games

bazza

Immortal
Jonny Bairstow's struggles in the ongoing Test series against India persisted as he suffered a 4-ball duck on Day 3 of the third Test in Rajkot.

The England batter, yet to score a fifty in this series, missed a chance to find form on a favourable pitch but fell victim to Kuldeep Yadav's delivery, trapped in front of the wicket.

Bairstow's duck in Rajkot marked an unwanted milestone as he surpassed former Pakistan bowler Danish Kaneria, becoming the player with the most ducks against India in Test cricket. This was Bairstow's eighth duck against the hosts in red-ball cricket, highlighting his difficulties facing the Indian bowling attack.

Bazal

Post Whore

"Back in my day meditation wasn't even a thing, let alone this politically correct premeditation rubbish! When we toured India one of the local net bowlers rocked up and started meditating before a net session, and we flogged him to death with a stump for being a mincer. Of course back I those days that was well within the rules, because we were all men and not modern cowards with their 'anxiety' and 'depression' and 'psychopathic tendencies'. I mean, no one called John Snow a psychopath when he bowled nineteen beamers in a row at Manoj Murgh in Mumbai and the ripped his throat out with his f**ken teeth, did they? That was just how a manly man responded when some bloke hit him for four. Of course he never tagged me, old Snowy, I was much too good and I never premeditated. Hell sometimes I tried to play a cover drive even though I knew he was going to bounce me, just to avoid any possible premeditation cos I didn't want to get flogged with a stump. Although secretly the idea turned me on a little..."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Chapelli is like Pricey, just stick a microphone in his face, or ring him up and you'll have an article

JJ

Immortal
even that's lame - obviously in my time there were Viv Richards, Gordon Greenidge, Barry Richards - and in terms of overall strike rate rather that being situationally aggressive (although Viv was simply always there to dominate - like the later version of Hayden) Sehweg played a different sport to them all

The McCullum approach is essentially about instilling confidence, and less talented players can feel bullet proof and certainly bowlers and fields have not always adapted well... but they are doing better and will, and it's just dumb to suggest that Root is better playing this way, they way he was playing when he was captain was better than anyone in the world, anyone... now, well, that's not close to the case

Latest posts