What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

Eelectrica

Referee
Gotta think the ICC will throw the book at Australia over this. It's not there place to decide Captain, but whatever the maximum penalties they can apply they will.
The rule for ball tampering is 5 runs. They could find a way right there to add 2 or 3 hundred runs to SA's score. Calculate it on every ball bowled after the incident was caught. A going rate of 30 runs/over will add up very quickly.

Tighten up the ball tampering laws further to hand out much larger sentences ASAP.

I hate that it is barely mentioned, what if Bancroft just cops it and the team doesn't get behind him?

It's near a non event given Bancroft is still new to the team

It’s more of an event because it’s Australia this time too.

But yes, if they’d just limited it to Bancroft it could’ve been moved past quicker.

Gotta think the ICC will throw the book at Australia over this. It's not there place to decide Captain, but whatever the maximum penalties they can apply they will.
The rule for ball tampering is 5 runs. They could find a way right there to add 2 or 3 hundred runs to SA's score. Calculate it on every ball bowled after the incident was caught.

Tighten up the ball tampering laws further to hand out much larger sentences ASAP.

I don’t think we’ll see much in the way of suspensions from them. They’ve put a weak precedence in place.

Perhaps the run penalty.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Absolute saturation on foxsports. Leave the reporting to the real news outlets you clickbait-obsessed farkwits

Tommy Smith

Referee
Absolute saturation on foxsports. Leave the reporting to the real news outlets you clickbait-obsessed farkwits
I'm pretty sure the website was renamed 'Ben Simmons Sports' a year ago, mate.

What a nauseating website. And yet I still return every day for sports info amidst the clickbait. I'm like a crack addict.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'm pretty sure the website was renamed 'Ben Simmons Sports' a year ago, mate.

What a nauseating website. And yet I still return every day for sports info amidst the clickbait. I'm like a crack addict.
I quit checking the Foxsports site a couple of years ago when nearly every article I clicked was paywalled. Didn't see the point in coming back,

Mr Spock!

Referee
Not gonna happen, but if it somehow did, the win would be forever tainted and have a giant asterix beside it.

The Umps will give SA every 50/50 decision from this point on. I don't imagine they liked being made fools of with Bancroft showing them a sunglass pouch.

You mean like the 2005 Ashes?

Funny, poms don't seem to question that.

They seem to find it funny.

Tiger5150

Bench
Well no....if the ECB and other boards don't give a f**k, why the hell should we?

Why should we? Let me give you a list/

Ian Chappell
Greg Chappell ( yeah yeah Underarm)
Alan Border
Mark Taylor
Steve Waugh
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clark

These guys have all been captains of the Australian Test Cricket Team and as melodramatic as it sometimes sounds, wearing the baggy green actually has and should stand for something. The captain is the custodian and our current Captain has proven himself incapable and unworthy.

Mr Spock!

Referee
The hysteria on here is unbelievable......

They won't be punting Smith over this when the opposing captain has done it twice.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Why should we? Let me give you a list/

Ian Chappell
Greg Chappell ( yeah yeah Underarm)
Alan Border
Mark Taylor
Steve Waugh
Ricky Ponting
Michael Clark

These guys have all been captains of the Australian Test Cricket Team and as melodramatic as it sometimes sounds, wearing the baggy green actually has and should stand for something.

Allan Border

"
We used to try and fiddle with the quarter seam to try and lift it and get the ball to just behave a little bit differently if there was nothing much happening.

You’re always searching for something to go your way. It’s not as if all of us were squeaky clean as far as this type of thing goes.
"