What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Newlands, Capetown, March 22-26, 2018

TheFrog

Coach
Imagine Australia chase down 450+ in the 4th innings to win and its Smith and Warner the not out batsmen... The pair of them celebrating hitting the winning runs would be like that specs savers ad where the dude pummels that seagull playing beach volleyball while everyone else looks on horrified !
Come on Davey, lets f**k 'em up.

Paine should make Smuth and Warner bowl unchanged all day
He knows Smith will be captain again next week.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Warner and Smith look deflated

They will probably go out swinging t20 style when they bat, could be interesting if it comes off but doubt it will get them far.

Mr Spock!

Referee
So how is that a double standard? Did Cricket Australia have a say in Du Plessis penalty? Have SA or ICC had a say so far in what has happened to Smith & Warner.

What you are describing, is a single standard or more typically, a standard. Time will tell if CA stick to it.

There have been 3 incidents of Saffers tampering with the ball in the past 2 years. Two fo those involving the present captain.

You can't have every other team doing it and getting off with a fine.

Smith should never have owned up and acted like the other merkins.

Hutty1986

Immortal
N
There have been 3 incidents of Saffers tampering with the ball in the past 2 years. Two fo those involving the present captain.

You can't have every other team doing it and getting off with a fine.

Smith should never have owned up and acted like the other merkins.
No no no no no. This is truly the absolute darkest day in the history of Australian, nay WORLD sport.
The only thing keeping me going is WC final highlights and that one time Dizzy Gillespie made a double hundred.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Warner and Smith look deflated

They will probably go out swinging t20 style when they bat, could be interesting if it comes off but doubt it will get them far.
That infamous 47 could be in serious danger. When Rabada bowls them both for golden ducks, he will then execute them on the field and still manage to escape ICC sanction.

blaza88z

Coach
South Africa didn't have a meltdown but I doubt Cricket is their national sport too

I live near a local cricket club, you go down there on a Saturday and every one of the 12 fields has a game going on between juniors, CA has to take a stance on this to send a clear and loud message to parents and even young kids that cheating is just simply not on, the half assed penalty handed by the ICC is not enough, as an Aussie who grew up watching and playing the game I have never felt more embarrassed to be a fan of Australian cricket.. so much so that I would be happy to accept mediocre performances for the next few years if it meant we removed the right of those responsible from representing Australia, the game is bigger than individuals

Steve Smith went from potentially becoming one of our all time great batsmen to nothing more than a cheat, seeing him in the field makes me feel sick. I look at Pakistan cricket and their infamous match-fixing and I never imagined I would ever look at an Australian player and feel the same as I do about Pakistan players, I still can't believe it.. I thought April Fool's day had come a week earlier

blaza88z

Coach
That infamous 47 could be in serious danger. When Rabada bowls them both for golden ducks, he will then execute them on the field and still manage to escape ICC sanction.

Being knocked over for 47 was bad but i'd take that over being caught blatantly cheating, I wouldn't be against it happening here, we deserve it