What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: West Indies v Australia at Roseau Apr 23-27, 2012

vvvrulz

Coach
What a terrific ton from Wade.. Haddin couldn't have produced that

Haddin would have cleared his stumps to attempt and audacious lofted cover drive, edged to the keeper for 2. He shouldn't be seen again in the interests of Australian cricket.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Clarke and Wade are hardly going to come out and say Wade should have the job over Haddin considering the circumstances of Haddin's absence. That said IMO bringing back Haddin is a step backwards for the team.

Can you blame him, he has to comment on his rabble of a team and watch a trundler like Sammy he captain. Holding would still be a better option now. Supporting the Windies would be like supporting lol@50uff$ :lol:

There's been very little joy since about 1995 but I feel that the team is genuinely on the improve. The Windies have a very promising limited overs team and deserve to enter the t20 world cup as one of the favourites. Just look at the guys dominating in the IPL - Gayle, Pollard, Bravo, Cooper and Narine.

In test cricket they are struggling but making progress as reflected in their competitive performances against Australia, one of the best teams in the world. As for their bowling, they've ran through the Aussie top order in every match but have struggled to clean up the tail. The attack will be boosted by the addition of Narine when he finally becomes available following the IPL season. The batting is frail at the top and they've been hampered by the absence of Gayle, Edwards and Simmons. Bravo has been a huge disappointment this series, however, he has shown enough ability early in his career to indicate that he'll be a success in the long-term. The one glaring weakness (aside from the donkey captain) is the keeper. Ramdin is useless and Carlton Baugh is hopeless. Unfortunately, there are no wicketkeeper prospects on the horizon in the Busta Rhymes Cup.

Hallatia

Referee
There's been very little joy since about 1995 but I feel that the team is genuinely on the improve. The Windies have a very promising limited overs team and deserve to enter the t20 world cup as one of the favourites. Just look at the guys dominating in the IPL - Gayle, Pollard, Bravo, Cooper and Narine.

In test cricket they are struggling but making progress as reflected in their competitive performances against Australia, one of the best teams in the world. As for their bowling, they've ran through the Aussie top order in every match but have struggled to clean up the tail. The attack will be boosted by the addition of Narine when he finally becomes available following the IPL season. The batting is frail at the top and they've been hampered by the absence of Gayle, Edwards and Simmons. Bravo has been a huge disappointment this series, however, he has shown enough ability early in his career to indicate that he'll be a success in the long-term. The one glaring weakness (aside from the donkey captain) is the keeper. Ramdin is useless and Carlton Baugh is hopeless. Unfortunately, there are no wicketkeeper prospects on the horizon in the Busta Rhymes Cup.
and Gayle should be back in the WIndies side after the IPL finishes, which should be a good thing for the side

Red Bear

Referee
Can you blame him, he has to comment on his rabble of a team and watch a trundler like Sammy he captain. Holding would still be a better option now. Supporting the Windies would be like supporting lol@50uff$ :lol:
Windies are playing better cricket under Sammy and are turning their performances around. Hasnt been reflected on onfield result yet but they are showing a heap more fight and unity than they have in a long time. Very inexperienced top 4 is a problem but individually each one has a bit of talent. I reckon they'll do ok in the long run (hope so anyway).
What a terrific ton from Wade.. Haddin couldn't have produced that
Well, he could've, and has in his time for Australia. Probably not any more though.

TheParraboy

Staff member
hopefully couple early wickets and a 150 plus first innings lead

Bat for the rest of the day, and maybe for 30-40 min day 4 morning before declaring with 400 plus lead with well over 5 sessions to get them out (weather pending)

we might win this one

Who really gives a shit? Mark Nicholas isn't Australian and Tony Greig is the worst of the lot.

My point is that the commentators in Aus are just as insufferable as those overseas.

Mark Nicholas isn't Australian but he leads the cheer squad each summer. I think he's going for citizenship and he believes that brownnosing will endear himself to Australians and improve his application. It worked for Aussie Rudi.

TheParraboy

Staff member
350 lead with 2 days to go

Nice batting from Cowan and Punter.

Actually 310 lead

I tell you what, If WI can skittle us early on day 4, and chase under 350, I reckon they could do it. We need a good 400 runs lead IMO

cheers

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bit optimistic on that pitch, its terrible and I'd hate to be batting last on it