What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

roughyedspud

Coach
taking this tournament or england seriously.....or is it just you've got a sh*te coach and a pissweak pack that are'nt laying the groundwork for your undoubtably talented backline?

haynemagic

Juniors
wow some of you english fans have got not idea what youre talking about to even compare superleague and nrl as the same intensity is ludicrous, the super league is preety much reserve grade,no commitment, no intesnity, cant tackle for sh*t. Its a joke. I actually think the POMS might win because of the sh*thouse coach weve got right now. But seriously Rugbyhighlights your making more of a dik of youse;f everytime u post so just shut ur mouth

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
taking this tournament or england seriously.....or is it just you've got a sh*te coach and a pissweak pack that are'nt laying the groundwork for your undoubtably talented backline?

Its definatly a bit of both, our forwards arent as hard as they were in recent years with Webke, Tallis, etc etc. But I do think that our forward pack are very very capable of getting over any pack in the world.
Its amazing the impact that Steve Price would of had to our forwards, him and Petro together are the engine of our side and at the moment, Hannant is not doing enough hard work.
I believe that if Hannant fires, it will take the pressure off Petro and our whole forward pack will start to roll. It feels unfair to put that much pressure on one player, but our forward pack isnt playing as a pack and at the moment, all of our go forward is from Petro.

Our coach appears to be trying to get the team to focus on winning the game where its not going to be won. He seems to insist on getting us to "earn our right" to spread the ball. He isnt getting the backs to come in and help the forwards enough, hes just telling them "go look for the ball" and thats just not enough. And our defence is just too structured and with Englands adlib and unpredictable style (Eastmond and Tomkins mainly) we are very very breakable.

If Australia do win, It will either be because of individual brilliance or we just run the English forwards ragged, which is something England dont have over Australia, fitness.

I think Australia would be playing better under Brad Fittler then Tim Sheens

Boganater

Juniors
As for the "powder puff" comment you have made yourself look even dafter by conceding that over half our pack is decent.
The last time I checked there were 6 in a pack, 3 is exactly half not over. Anyway that's a minor point. I said they were good however, I don't think they are better than our blokes.
The Kangaroos have beaten GB/England in series' both here and in England consistently over a long time. You were sarcastically saying I don't ask for much but that's just it. To be considered great you have to be able to win consistently and in hostile surroundings. If they want credibility that's what has to happen not only beat AUS , but back it up with repeat efforts.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I wont be walking anywhere, there will be plenty of International Rugby league news for me and the other valued posters on this board to read and post on after this competition, whereas you, I have no doubt that if England lose we will never see your sorry backside again, troll.

Your an Embarrassment to my country, If indeed you are English.

But England are not going to lose. If you watched League you would know this.:lol:

You're an embarassment to England. You and the rest of the England-apologists need to wobble your heads.

I've been listening to cynical apologist halfwits like you this whole Four Nations campaign. I'm tired of it. I hope you and the rest of the no-hopers fall off your fence and break your backs. Metaphorically speaking.

The real irony is that the Australian equivelant of my comments are seen as fair game by Aussies and aussie apologists like yourself. But heaven forbid an English fan has a bit of conviction in England, while doubting the Australian outfit. We cannot have that. It's simply proposterous.:lol:

While I was making predictions of an English victory over New Zealand, you and the rest of the apologists were apologising on behalf of my 'stupid' and 'troll-like' predictions and theories. Predictions and theories that turned out to be true last weekend, and will turn out to be true this weekend.

And would you stop with the ad-hominem attacks on me. I'm not a troll, and even if I were trolling it wouldn't take away from the merit of my statements.

roughyedspud

Coach
it should'nt be far off capacity, i mean if you know that if you put 'FINAL10' into the promo box on the RFL ticket site you can still get tickets for £10..which is ridiculous :lol:...

Big Pete

Referee
I love the Pommy fans, you give them an inch and they'll take the Four Nations. Great attitude boys and all the best for Saturday night.

Up the Aussies! Do it for Lockyer. :)

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
But England are not going to lose. If you watched League you would know this.:lol:

You're an embarassment to England. You and the rest of the England-apologists need to wobble your heads.

I've been listening to cynical apologist halfwits like you this whole Four Nations campaign. I'm tired of it. I hope you and the rest of the no-hopers fall off your fence and break your backs. Metaphorically speaking.

The real irony is that the Australian equivelant of my comments are seen as fair game by Aussies and aussie apologists like yourself. But heaven forbid an English fan has a bit of conviction in England, while doubting the Australian outfit. We cannot have that. It's simply proposterous.:lol:

While I was making predictions of an English victory over New Zealand, you and the rest of the apologists were apologising on behalf of my 'stupid' and 'troll-like' predictions and theories. Predictions and theories that turned out to be true last weekend, and will turn out to be true this weekend.

And would you stop with the ad-hominem attacks on me. I'm not a troll, and even if I were trolling it wouldn't take away from the merit of my statements.

Great, if England win we are stuck with you, if Australia win we are stuck with Rastus. Bloody hate this forum sometimes.

Apologies for Rugbyhighlights, not all of us 'pommies' are pea-brained simpletons.

What's struck me about this week is the amount of whinging from the Australian camp. They've complained about all sorts - the forwards not getting enough respect from England, the choice of referee and, my particular favourite, how dirty and underhand England are. While there are certainly some niggly so and sos in the England squad, I think this is a bit rich coming from a team that includes Paul Gallen, the world's number one cheap shot merchant.

Anyway, enough of that - on to real matters. Any Brit who claims that Super League is anywhere near as good standards-wise as the NRL needs their head examining. The week-in, week-out intensity of the NRL is far higher. We know this. That is why at present (and probably for the foreseeable future) Australia will always have a far greater pool of quality playing talent to choose from.

While we do not have the numbers of quality players in England, we do have *some* that can mix it with the best. Enough to consistently be competitive at international level? Maybe not. That is why we are always so up and down - every so often we'll produce a great performance and beat Australia (one average once every two or three years), but we're simply not good enough to perform at that level every time the sides meet.

Our outside backs are nowhere near as good as Australia's, we know that. Our half backs are young and exciting but so far unproven at international level. They've showed some great touches in the tournament so far, but they're nowhere near the finished article yet. Our forwards are clearly our strength, and I'd like to think that they can match it with Australia's on Saturday. They certainly dominated the Kiwis.

Realistically Australia will win on Saturday - we all know that. But we live in hope that for once our lads can put in one of those legendary performances that we give from time to time. It's certainly about time.

Here's to a decent (i.e close) game either way, and no whining about officials from whoever loses.

Goddo

Bench
I hope the crowd is at least 35k... they manage to get excellent crowds for challenge cup final and super league grand final, so why not this?

Premier League can't take all the fans away, and if there are 10 pound tickets, pretty good value for an international sporting event...

I really hope (but highly doubt) England win in a nail biter. Would be good for the game...

The 4 Nations winning team is announced.

Billy Slater, Jarryd Hayne, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brett Morris, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Ben Hannant, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Luke Lewis, Paul Gallen, Nathan Hindmarsh. Interchange: David Shillington, Sam Thaiday, Anthony Watmough, Kurt Gidley, Michael Jennings, Brett White (two to be omitted)

bigfoot

Juniors
Jennings should be at centre not Hodges IMO. Although I am biased as hell, haha.
Also, if you are going to start Lewis not sure why you wouldn't start him at lock where he has been playing all season... but good to see him in the side nevertheless.

I'd say Jennings will drop off the bench, and hopefully Gidley does as well so White can have the other bench spot. We're going to need the size against the English who have a good forward pack, and surely the side can shuffle around if needed in the event of an injury.

Looking forward to the game.

Boganater

Juniors
The 4 Nations winning team is announced.

Billy Slater, Jarryd Hayne, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brett Morris, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Ben Hannant, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Luke Lewis, Paul Gallen, Nathan Hindmarsh. Interchange: David Shillington, Sam Thaiday, Anthony Watmough, Kurt Gidley, Michael Jennings, Brett White (two to be omitted)
I wonder if that means Hayne will be on his preferred left wing.

Latest posts