What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

Boganater

Juniors
You will win, I have no doubt, but thats due to the weakness of the England backs and our mental deficiencies. NZ would have won the final were they in it.
HAHAHAHA:lol: IF they were in it. That just shows what a wally you are.
Give credit they weren't good enough to be there and the Aussies are, no point going into hypothetical bullsh*t to suit your pissweak argument.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
What proof?

If you are talking about club rugby this is the proof.

World club challenge
Superleague 11 wins
NRL 6 wins

English forwards are the best in the world.
In days gone by English backs struggled, But now the new crop of english backs have got plenty of skills and pace.
Even if we do win on saturday the aussies will still believe they are the best in the world, deluded.

Australia are the best in the world one game wont change that and if you believe so your got a screw loose.

As for world club challenge its a load of BS to make SL fans (like you) feel better about yourself.

WCC = sweet F A

Not in the same year, not with same team, sometimes with a different coach. SL season is a month and a half into it, NRL is still weeks from starting, always played in England, its just a big load of hootnanny. Hell it aint even on the radar for us down here.

And if SL is so much better how come your players ultimate dream is to play NRL and how come NRL players come to England to retire and make money?

Get your hand off it, your sounding like Stevo.

Hell if SL is better that makes he England team even worse.

roughyedspud

Coach
One of the things that needs to be put in perspective, is the relative playing strength of Oz v England and NZ.

Oz has something like 450,000 players
England I dont think has 50,000
NZ has about 25,000.

hahahahahahhaha what a crock of sh*t

http://www.sportfocus.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=32299
In the last four years participation in the sport has increased by 150 per cent from 114,000 to 285,000 and every county in the UK now has regular competition at various age levels throughout the summer.

and (according to wiki so if anyone has official number then let it be know) australia has 172,000 (total) Registered players, nearly 60,000 of them are kids

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
what the bleeding hell is whinging watmough bleeting on about??

LEEDS: Simmering tensions between the two Four Nations forward packs have boiled over just days out from the final at Elland Road, with Kangaroos second-rower Anthony Watmough vowing to use a slur from England's skipper Jamie Peacock as motivation for victory on Saturday, firing back that ''if they bring it, we're going to take it straight back to them''.
Peacock said New Zealand's forwards had been more physical than the Australians after England's clash with the Kiwis. And that has riled the Australians before the decider.
Asked if the forwards would use it as motivation, Watmough said: ''Definitely. Benny Hannant and Petero [Civoniceva] bashed them [when the two sides played in Wigan]. They stuck it to them. Why do you think Greg Inglis could do what he did? It was because of them two and Hindy [Nathan Hindmarsh] in the middle. They [the English] didn't even look like going through us in that first half at all.
''Physical? I saw him [Peacock] get put on his backside a few times. I think the boys will step up. What do you do? Take a backward step? Your credibility as a forward's gone. If they bring it, we're going to take it straight back to them.''
Watmough said his pack outmuscled England's forwards in Wigan and that Peacock was only attempting to niggle the players off the field - an accusation that has also been made against the English pack on it.
he later summed it all up by saying

I was concussed and didn't know where I was
but he's sure the aussie pack outmuscled the english pack......hahaha what a daft merkin

Last edited:

marv

Juniors
You have 3 good forwards-Burgess, Crabtree and Ellis the rest are average.

I reckon we could go on forever on this point, I feel that there are probably guys back in Aus who would have done a better job in your pack, i dont think its all conquering, even the old stager Petero hasnt been at his usual standard IMO. You say we only have 3 good forwards but those three will be ably supported by Peacock, Morley and Graham. out of those guys I would possibly say that Morley hasnt looked on the ball this series, Peacock will always take us forward and is like an extra prop if used in the second row again.
Quite why you have left Graham off your list of three is beyond me. He is easily better than Crabtree.

As for the "powder puff" thing well maybe it was a bit harsh but that's my opinion. They haven't done enough to be beating their chests just yet .

Who said they had? As for the "powder puff" comment you have made yourself look even dafter by conceding that over half our pack is decent.

If you guys can beat us on Sat and then come to Aus and beat us next time IN A SERIES then I will give some credit.

You dont ask for much do you?

They have played in big matches but you can't compare the two. If you can only go off what we've seen for the last 30 years. The Poms don't cut it when it counts most.
If England win on Saturday then I'll be eating my words I suppose, but knowing the real difference in class it's hard to see us losing if we're switched on.

Fair points.

Bicey_18

Bench
Poms whinging again...

ENGLAND halfback Kyle Eastmond has slammed Johnathan Thurston as "arrogant" after the Australian playmaker confessed he knew nothing about the man opposing him in the Four Nations final. Asked by the tournaments official website if he knew more about Eastmond now than he did at the start of the tournament, Thurston replied: "Who?"

When told that Eastmond had come on in the second half of Australias 26-16 win against England at Wigan a fortnight ago, he nervously remarked: "He obviously had a good game against the Kiwis last week and well have to keep an eye on him."

Alongside young five-eighth Sam Tompkins, Eastmond has emerged as a serious threat as the competition has progressed, and he looms as a dangerman for the Australians in the decider at Elland Road on Sunday morning.

It was no coincidence that England clawed their way back into their pool match against Australia at Wigan when Eastmond was injected into the game early in the second half.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Related Coverage

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Eastmond was genuinely shocked when told about Thurstons show of ignorance, and said he only respected the Cowboys captain as a player.

"He's a bit mouthy, isn't he?" the 20-year-old St Helens star said. "Obviously hes a great player but obviously he likes to be a little bit arrogant in what he says.

"I don't know why he would say that he doesn't know who I am. I played against him. I guess that's just the way he is. It's disappointing. He's a great player and it's good to play against him. I respect him for his rugby but that's about it. He's not my friend or anything like that."

England coach Tony Smith was equally bemused about Thurston's remarks.

Asked if it was a sign of arrogance, he said: "Possibly. Or ignorance. One or the other or a combination of both. That's fine. They're good boys and they don't let any of that worry them. They just go about their business as they have for the last couple of weeks.

"Tha'ts fairly typical. We've got some unknown players. These guys are trying to make a name for themselves, and hopefully in time they'll know who he is.

"I would imagine that he'll know plenty about him by the time he plays him on Saturday. If he doesn't, that's a flaw in preparation. There wouldn't be many players who wouldn't want to know about their opponent. I would imagine he is professional enough to do that. The fact that he hasn't seen a lot of him isn't surprising. He hasn't been around a long time."

England prop Sam Burgess said he didn't care if Thurston or the Australians knew what Eastmond could do, but paid him the ultimate compliment when he compared him to former England flyer Jason Robinson.

"He's one of the quickest blokes I've ever seen," Burgess said. "He's very much like Jason Robinson.

"I'm sure he (Thurston) will find out sooner than later who he is. He's got a lot skills. Hopefully he can show that on Saturday night. I've got a lot of confidence in Kyle. I won't say too much about him. 'Ill leave it to them to find out themselves.

"Kyle won't worry that he doesn't know him. I've had it said about me before."

Thurston denied that it showed a lack of respect towards England. "We respect them all as a team," he said. "They have a lot of fire out on the edge and have certainly got a good forward pack who will lay a good platform.

"They've got good halves who can attack and they'll hurt us if we give them room."

Daily Telegraph website..

"Waaaaa Waaaaa ..Johnathon Thurston doesnt know who i am Waaaaa Waaaaaa"

Who gives a flying f*ck! I dont even know who the hell he is!

Bicey_18

Bench
aye up bollockchops...the world champion kiwis have'nt beaten us at home since 2006

must be a fluke that we've beaten them 4 times on the bounce then eh?

What does that prove?

You cant beat quality opposition away from home on a consistent basis?

marv

Juniors
Oh cmon... Other than Australia, who else would be quality opposition for the Kiwis?

Well, since we just beat them, and they havent beaten us at home for years, and they hardly rode roughshod over us in the WC either.....................

what a ridiculous statement.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
LOL at some of these English apologists apologising on my behalf for making informed predictions.

This Australian team is average if you nullify Inglis. The sooner some of you part time league fans realise this the better.

I cannot believe the lack of belief by some twig English fans. New Zealand out played Australia with relative ease. And in the second half once we nullified Inglis England absolutely dominated Australia.

What the f**k is there to be fearful of? We've already beat New Zealand who are obviously a better team than Australia.

We're too good. The sooner you part timers realise this the better. It's no wonder England have a history of losing to Australia with some of you cynical half-full motherf**kers sapping optimism from the players.

marv

Juniors
LOL at some of these English apologists apologising on my behalf for making informed predictions.

This Australian team is average if you nullify Inglis. The sooner some of you part time league fans realise this the better.

I cannot believe the lack of belief by some twig English fans. New Zealand out played Australia with relative ease. And in the second half once we nullified Inglis England absolutely dominated Australia.

What the f**k is there to be fearful of? We've already beat New Zealand who are obviously a better team than Australia.

We're too good. The sooner you part timers realise this the better. It's no wonder England have a history of losing to Australia with some of you cynical half-full motherf**kers sapping optimism from the players.

Please, Please, Please go away.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Well, since we just beat them, and they havent beaten us at home for years, and they hardly rode roughshod over us in the WC either.....................

what a ridiculous statement.

:lol::lol:

Australians must suffer from some next level delusion.

Just wait till the excuses come at the weekend. No credit will be given to England, just going to be a horde of Australians claiming that the selections were flawed and calling for Sheens head. Despite the fact in the build up they've been predicting Australian dominance.

I can't believe Australians have faith in their obviously soft side. Their forwards aren't even Super League standard

marv

Juniors
How about this. England lose and I'll leave the forum. Australia lose and you take a f**king walk?

Does that sound fair to you?

I wont be walking anywhere, there will be plenty of International Rugby league news for me and the other valued posters on this board to read and post on after this competition, whereas you, I have no doubt that if England lose we will never see your sorry backside again, troll.

Your an Embarrassment to my country, If indeed you are English.

j0nesy

Bench
I wont be walking anywhere, there will be plenty of International Rugby league news for me and the other valued posters on this board to read and post on after this competition, whereas you, I have no doubt that if England lose we will never see your sorry backside again, troll.

Your an Embarrassment to my country, If indeed you are English.

Good onya Marv. I've enjoyed reading your posts in this forum - a true league fan. This game is going to be good, I can just feel it. The forwards are going to be fired up, and the onus is on the Aussie pack to stand up to your lads who, in my opinion, got the better of the Aussie pack in game 1. I think the biff will be on early, I really do. Once things settle down it will be game on. Here's hoping it's one that the TRUE fans enjoy.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
calling for Sheens head.

We are already calling for Sheen's head.

Just on the game, this is Englands best chance to beat Australia since the Super League years. We are just begging to be defeated in this game. I would not be too shocked if England win. Something tells me Australia arent taking this tournament or England seriously.

Latest posts