What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

roughyedspud

Coach
Is that your best response, you really are as dumb as dogsh*t.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

:lol:

Hindyscrack

Bench
From watching the nrl and superleague week in and week out, i can honestly say there is no difference in quality. The aussies want us all to believe there is, but as world club challenge results down the years show your best teams compete on a level with our best teams.
And also your worst teams play some shocking rugby, just like ours.
So, if england and australia both show up on saturday we will have a great game, and thats what we all want.

Thats a load of bollocks...

I sit and watch a pretty ordinary outfit run around each week at the Stoop, and the clubs they play are rarely better. SL is tripe compared to the NRL.

World Club challenge held in week 3 of an NRL competition in Australia would be see the Aussie team hand out a thrashing year in year out.

Win a few series in a row England, and then you can sing from the roof tops about how great you are (hey or perhaps 30 odd years of them).

watatank

Coach
I too was glad senior, wellens and mcguire have been dropped as they are too old, or not good enough (mcguire).

While I agree Senior and Wellens are past their best I don't understand why they should be dropped if their replacements are no better?

I like Shenton but if Smith (who is leaving for union anyway) or Bridge are the next best centres available you're better off with Senior in the team. BTW was Gleeson available? As for fullback, surely you have better options than Briscoe? Wellens was slow but he was safe. Briscoe is only slightly faster but overall he's no better.

Boganater

Juniors
England do have a good pack, better and bigger than anyone in the world.
I too was glad senior, wellens and mcguire have been dropped as they are too old, or not good enough (mcguire).
Andy Farrell overated? dont make me laugh! any team in world rugby of both codes would have signed him from wigan and he could have named his price.
You dont know much about our youngsters, but you will after the game on saturday.

From watching the nrl and superleague week in and week out, i can honestly say there is no difference in quality. The aussies want us all to believe there is, but as world club challenge results down the years show your best teams compete on a level with our best teams.
And also your worst teams play some shocking rugby, just like ours.
So, if england and australia both show up on saturday we will have a great game, and thats what we all want.
Anyone who rates Andy Farrell is a moron. He never dominated or did anything remotely special in an International match. All he had to do was walk onto the field and the poms would be madly beating themselves about how good he is. He was rubbish plain and simple.
There are light years of difference between NRL and SL. Don't even try to compare them.
As for England's forward pack? You are getting a bit excited about 120 mins of reasonable football (on home turf) from them to be calling them the best in the world. They don't even compete when playing abroad. They are the best in SL which isn't saying much. They haven't done anywhere near enough to be called the best in the world.
If SL was as good why would Burgess be so keen to come over for less money?

wiganjohn

Juniors
Thats a load of bollocks...

I sit and watch a pretty ordinary outfit run around each week at the Stoop, and the clubs they play are rarely better. SL is tripe compared to the NRL.

World Club challenge held in week 3 of an NRL competition in Australia would be see the Aussie team hand out a thrashing year in year out.

Win a few series in a row England, and then you can sing from the roof tops about how great you are (hey or perhaps 30 odd years of them).

You are right the quins are s**t, but you are wrong that the opposition are no better.
Quins finished 11th out of 14 with 22 points compared to Leeds 42.
Same old aussie excuses about world club challenge, If your teams were so much better they wouldnt need excuses.

NRL is no better than superleague.
The storm are no better than leeds (as we will see in the WCC)
The roosters are as s**t as celtic.

wiganjohn

Juniors
Or because he'd rather be remembered for cutting it in the NRL than bludging in the retirement village.

Thats your opinion, personally i'm disapointed he made that decision.
Maybe the question should be why were all the NRL club's creaming themselves at the prospect of him coming to australia?
And why are all you fans of the nrl also creaming your pants at the prospect of watching him play?
Maybe its because players like Burgess, Ellis and Morley dont exist in the NRL.
Players who are big, tough and skillfull.
Which adds more to our arguement that English forwards are the best in the world!

Eorl Crabtree will be the next English player to be targeted by the NRL, and he will go for the weather, lifestyle and chance to try something new.

Boganater

Juniors
Thats your opinion, personally i'm disapointed he made that decision.
Maybe the question should be why were all the NRL club's creaming themselves at the prospect of him coming to australia?
And why are all you fans of the nrl also creaming your pants at the prospect of watching him play?
Maybe its because players like Burgess, Ellis and Morley dont exist in the NRL.
Players who are big, tough and skillfull.
Which adds more to our arguement that English forwards are the best in the world!

Eorl Crabtree will be the next English player to be targeted by the NRL, and he will go for the weather, lifestyle and chance to try something new.
People get excited because he's a good player and he's someone new in our game . There are plenty of big, skilful forwards in the NRL. Ellis is a workhorse who is a very good player but not someone who blows you away with his skill. Morley was a good defender who was solid in attack but not any great ball player. You can come up with any stupid reasoning or logic you like, the proof is there you guys are inferior. Sorry

wiganjohn

Juniors
People get excited because he's a good player and he's someone new in our game . There are plenty of big, skilful forwards in the NRL. Ellis is a workhorse who is a very good player but not someone who blows you away with his skill. Morley was a good defender who was solid in attack but not any great ball player. You can come up with any stupid reasoning or logic you like, the proof is there you guys are inferior. Sorry

What proof?

If you are talking about club rugby this is the proof.

World club challenge
Superleague 11 wins
NRL 6 wins

English forwards are the best in the world.
In days gone by English backs struggled, But now the new crop of english backs have got plenty of skills and pace.
Even if we do win on saturday the aussies will still believe they are the best in the world, deluded.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
What proof?

World club challenge
Superleague 11 wins
NRL 6 wins

In days gone by English backs struggled, But now the new crop of english backs have got plenty of skills and pace.
Even if we do win on saturday the aussies will still believe they are the best in the world, deluded.

Id say you are the one deluded, and most Englishmen would agree.

The problem lies in junior coaching in the UK and the lack of competitive games in the Super League. Hopefully the relegations system now going back to every 3 years will help with that.

What the salary cap did here was it put every team on par with each other, basically, which meant coaches had to find ways of winning without having to spend money on the best players, like the Dragons did in the 50's and 60's. As a result, we need our players to become fitter then the opposition, then we focused on fast play the balls, which in turn got us to focus on slowing down the play the ball, which has now got us 2 referees, which has now made us soft with 1 ref, which on an International level, could pull our pants down.

Skill wise, England and France are pretty much on par with Aus and NZ but the fitness levels are still a fair way off, which is why England and France have the reputation of not being able to keep up with us.

Your using the results of the WCC to support your arguement, when the fact is that it is played in our off season and we dont want our players injured before the season proper. A more accurate guage would be Internationals, which im affraid for you, dont support your argument one bit.

Last edited:

Boganater

Juniors
What proof?

World club challenge
Superleague 11 wins
NRL 6 wins

Every one of those games played in our off season, in your backyard. It's hardly a true indication. The proof is in how many different Premiers we've had in the last 10 years compared to SL. The NRL is stronger with far less weak teams. You guys always get a a new crop of players who you bang on about until they fail and then the next great white hope comes along.
Leon Pryce was supposed to be this awesome player and he was sh*t in Tests, he wouldn't make 1st grade in any team in the NRL. What happened to him anyway? Then it was Danny McGuire he's a dud. Your new backs my have skill but we've hardly seen it yet. They certainly can't tackle.

Hindyscrack

Bench
What proof?

World club challenge
Superleague 11 wins
NRL 6 wins

30 odd years

England v Australia = NO SERIES WINS

Hindyscrack

Bench
You are right the quins are s**t, but you are wrong that the opposition are no better.
Quins finished 11th out of 14 with 22 points compared to Leeds 42.
Same old aussie excuses about world club challenge, If your teams were so much better they wouldnt need excuses.

NRL is no better than superleague.
The storm are no better than leeds (as we will see in the WCC)
The roosters are as s**t as celtic.

Yes I know Quins are average, but it is amazing that the reason we were travelling so well at the start of the season was due to Chad Randall. A guy who was had no offers from NRL clubs.

Crusaders? The team made up of Reserve grade crap? You have no idea.

Mate I watch plenty of SL on SKY, attend plenty of games. It is a poor comp with the technicality of a C grade touch team.

Another example this years man of steel.

Brett Hodgson, who is over here collecting his retirement fund.

I'm sorry, but SL is going to continue to be average while it allows clubs to pay overs for players who are average NRL or even worse Queensland Cup standard.

marv

Juniors
You better start looking for a recipe for humble pie cause you're gonna have to bake a f**king massive one for Saturday when the we put your second rate, soft c**k team in their rightful place.

Did you even read that post you moron? Where have I proclaimed that we will even win the game?

Boganater

Juniors
Did you even read that post you moron? Where have I proclaimed that we will even win the game?
Maybe not in so many words, but trying to somehow proclaim that your forwards have it over ours . I was saying that our forwards have played SOO which is a higher standard than this match. So the pressure of this match is nothing new to them. Just wait 'til Saturday.

marv

Juniors
Maybe not in so many words, but trying to somehow proclaim that your forwards have it over ours .

No, wrong again, wind your neck in a learn to read clown, you said our pack was "powder puff"..... possibly the stupidest thing I have heard on here for quite some time. Our pack, like yours is very good and i hope we see a good battle in the forwards, its our best hope to stop you guys getting a roll on out wide.

I was saying that our forwards have played SOO which is a higher standard than this match. So the pressure of this match is nothing new to them.

And I was saying that origin was months ago and in the context of these 80 minutes, means nothing.

Do you honestly think that these England players havent played in big games, 80% of the side will have played in either the G/F, cup final or the playoffs, probably not at the intensity of origin, but regardless, in big games, with big crowds and big expectations

Just wait 'til Saturday.

An Aussie win is a huge prediction nostradamus :roll: