What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations Final - Australia vs England

Joker's Wild

Coach
We rugby fans in England always asume that the rugby being played in the nrl is much better quality than what's being played in the superleague

Without trying to sound to arrogant, they are right to assume this. The NRL is faster and more intense for the 80min and the teams are generally better drilled. You only need to watch both regularly to see the difference. However the gap has been closed significantly in the last 15 or so years.

and that any player from the southern hemisphere is miles better than any English player. Speaking as a wigan fan, I think that this attitude has cost my team. I think this because the wigan management would rather employ sub-standard australians than very good quality wiganers.
Again, this is also true when speaking in general terms. When a nuffy like George Carmont (plays for Wigan) can dominate in SL, even come close to your "Man of Steel" award, yet be considered sub-standard in his NRL days. Speaks volumes really.

Anyway im going of topic. My point is the australians are good, but the english are just as good.
I honestly believe we will smash the australian forwards on saturday night, and then tomkins and eastmond will run rings around some old australian legs.
COME ON ENGLAND! Lets smash the Ausies! Show no respect, because they are past it!
Good luck to your guys though, I really do mean that cause I want our International game to be strong and competitive but I just cant see the Poms containing our outside backs.

Oz by 18

Hindyscrack

Bench
he did'nt get through once in the 2nd half of the group game...but then again he probably was'nt trying was he..:lol:

as for ticket sales for the final,the website went down yesterday due to demand and there was a hour wiat on the phones too....apparently

Thats because of the RFL's pathetic ticketing systems

I couldnt buy tickets online for over a week for the London game, plenty of other people i know had the same problem and either decided that it was sold out or knew better and got them on the day.

I had to call the RFL ticketing line and wait 20 odd minutes to get them in the end, and the operator didnt care that their website wasnt working.

Hour wait for tickets on the phone is just another reason why games dont sell out. Who could be arsed waiting over an hour on an 08 number to buy tickets to a game?

Hindyscrack

Bench
Second man play...

thats all the aussies have to do, watch england try and defend against it in recent history, comedic at best.

sad something so simple is foreign to SL

Thats because of the RFL's pathetic ticketing systems

I couldnt buy tickets online for over a week for the London game, plenty of other people i know had the same problem and either decided that it was sold out or knew better and got them on the day.

I had to call the RFL ticketing line and wait 20 odd minutes to get them in the end, and the operator didnt care that their website wasnt working.

Hour wait for tickets on the phone is just another reason why games dont sell out. Who could be arsed waiting over an hour on an 08 number to buy tickets to a game?

Sounds like the ticketing works like the team. Takes 20 mins to get anything out of them.

Shorty

Staff member
Inglis is a good player, but a team is not about 1 player.
The aussie team is a team of some average/some old/some good, but they have not played well as a team in this competition.
England have played as a team, and we have some outstanding players.
I would be afraid if i was an ausie forward
Look at the world club challenge and the way english teams dominate that competition, and the way we send your best teams home bruised, battered and beaten. That is the way your best national side will be returning home on sunday.
:lol:

Simo

First Grade
Lets all be honest, everyone is hoping the POMs compete for the sake of the game (me included EVERY year!) but I dont think there is 1 single person in this whole thread who if they had to put there lives on the line would back the POM's.

England have a good pack, but from the moment the ball leaves the scrum there is nothing. I was glad senior and wellans are gone and thank god they dropped the most overated POM since andy farrell, danny the sh*ttest hyped player ever mguire for the NZ game (hopefully for the final?) , but there is just nothing there.

I dont know much about the youngsters and so I hope they end up better off for this in the future but right now, out wide the England team is simply sh*t.

Bicey_18

Bench
Fook the Poms...

One "flukish" win over New Zealand and they are World Champions! This English team cannot be beaten!! They should be outright favorites for the final!!

I mean totally ignore the fact that Australia beat them 2 weeks ago and did it with such ease. 26-0 at halftime? Every time the Aussies spread the ball wide they would look likely to score. As Gus said, England cannot handle the up and in your face defense of Australia, poor reads in defense..seriously their defence is so amateurish. I would say most NRL teams would belt England... heck maybe even the Sharks and the Roosters would beat them.

Australia will play for the full 80 this time and rack up another smashing against England. It will be similar to the tri nations final in 04 imo.. maybe worse.

In Gus Gould's own words....

England..are getting worse!!

typicalfan

Coach
Your whole team is out of form!
Lets see how "powder Puff" the English pack is on Saturday.
I'm bored of talking about it, I wanna see some ausies get smashed to pieces, i cant wait to see australian ball carriers unable to get off the floor after relentless hard tackles.
I can't wait to see old ausies having their legs run off by skillful young english backs.
LOL first time without overrated backs like Gleeson and Senior and this?

Apart from Darren Lockyer the Australian backline is not old at all. Slater 26, Jarryd Hayne 21, Greg Inglis 22, Jennings 21, Morris 23 and Thurston 26.

Plenty of years ahead for these guys.

Boganater

Juniors
There is only one guy here talking hot air and thats the guy who thinks a pack which dominated the kiwis is powder puff, not to mention the fact origin means sh*t, it happened months ago.
You better start looking for a recipe for humble pie cause you're gonna have to bake a f**king massive one for Saturday when the we put your second rate, soft c**k team in their rightful place.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
It's funny how little Aussies know about football. They back themselves EVERY game, despite not being the best.

I can't recall a game in history where the majority of Aussies have backed them selfs to lose to the blatantly superior team.

Just wait till the weekend, I am going to troll the sh*t of you guys when your average outfit feels the f**king pain.

roughyedspud

Coach
You better start looking for a recipe for humble pie cause you're gonna have to bake a f**king massive one for Saturday when the we put your second rate, soft c**k team in their rightful place.

:lol:

put your dummy back in you soft arse..

j0nesy

Bench
It's funny how little Aussies know about football. They back themselves EVERY game, despite not being the best.

I can't recall a game in history where the majority of Aussies have backed them selfs to lose to the blatantly superior team.

That's why we beat you guys more often than not. :D

Just wait till the weekend, I am going to troll the sh*t of you guys when your average outfit feels the f**king pain.

..and you'll probably disappear in to oblivion if you lose. Your type is not uncommon around these forums. Don't delude yourself in to believing you are somehow unique.

Personally, I'm looking forward to what should be a very good match.

Boganater

Juniors

It's this thing called self belief you f**king idiot. Something we have to the core. Poms only have it when things are going their way but any other time they are as weak as piss.

wiganjohn

Juniors
England have a good pack, but from the moment the ball leaves the scrum there is nothing. I was glad senior and wellans are gone and thank god they dropped the most overated POM since andy farrell, danny the sh*ttest hyped player ever mguire for the NZ game (hopefully for the final?) , but there is just nothing there.

I dont know much about the youngsters and so I hope they end up better off for this in the future but right now, out wide the England team is simply sh*t.

England do have a good pack, better and bigger than anyone in the world.
I too was glad senior, wellens and mcguire have been dropped as they are too old, or not good enough (mcguire).
Andy Farrell overated? dont make me laugh! any team in world rugby of both codes would have signed him from wigan and he could have named his price.
You dont know much about our youngsters, but you will after the game on saturday.

From watching the nrl and superleague week in and week out, i can honestly say there is no difference in quality. The aussies want us all to believe there is, but as world club challenge results down the years show your best teams compete on a level with our best teams.
And also your worst teams play some shocking rugby, just like ours.
So, if england and australia both show up on saturday we will have a great game, and thats what we all want.