What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 5 - england v NZ

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Can't see either team running away with it. Agree much will depend on the fitness of peacock, ellis and Graham.

England by 3

I'm confident England will win this, home game in front of passionate fans at Hull kiwis will struggle if they don't match it with the England forwards. If England can get off to a good start like they did against Australia then I can't see NZ being too much trouble. England 24 NZ 14

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Kiwis have not impressed me at all this year and their form reminds me of when GB tanked them 3-0 in the series a few years ago.

England by 10
Roby MOTM

VictoryFC

Bench
NZ 34 - 14 Eng.

What's with the scheduling of these matches? Could they be any worse? The Aus Wales game should be on tonight, the England NZ game should be on tomorrow when there is no other sport being played. Instead its the opposite, and its being shown on Sky Sports 2, with live rugby union on Sky Sports 1 and England playing Spain on ITV all at the same time. They schedule a dead rubber free of any other events, while putting the home nation in the worst possible timeslot in the week in a crucial match.

They couldn't pick a worse time and day if they tried.

beave

Coach
what sort of crowd is expected to turn up tonight????

numbers I mean, not sobriety level......... ;)

beave

Coach
nice, shame it's not in a bigger venue but i guess if that's all it will draw than it's the smart move. Hopefully one day crowds of 40k+ rock up to games like this over in the UK and here in OZ.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Pity it's not on ch 9 :x

I hope to god ch 10 get the rights next time, they'd play it live like they used too.

Brother Fesol

Juniors
I was watching last years match against england in wellington. 80% of our points came down nightingales side with skd. that trio with marshall was awesome, unfortunately i dont think the kiwis have the strikeforce this year, skd and matai on the other wouldve really caused havoc, but beale and brown was a real drop.

If the kiwis win tonight it will be the beginning of a new era, england is the one place that nz struggle but it seems the boys have learnt from last time round, hopefully that is the case.

As in all cases it come down to marshall, but this time im praying for foran to step up, hes a class player i just dont think hes found his place yet at halfback, its clear when playing with manly hes a five eight. If him and marshall fire its gonna be hard for england but if only one does then im looknig for the x factor to be leuleuai, he has some great passes from dummy half and he needs to be involved. he should be starting hooker. he can get the shape going first and than bring on isaac in the last 15 of the first.

We dont know the list yet but if brown and beale are centres il pick england but if mannering and glenn are ther im picking nz.

i swear nightingale will score of a benji grubber as per usual.

nz and polynesians are emotinal people, being the amount of pressure they face tonight, if they win i believe they will trump the aussies in the final, they will find belief, and like any kiwi team if they can believe, the skys the limit,

roughyedspud

Coach
marshall won't fire....he'll run round like a headless chook like he always does when he has a useless team around him..

in the last 3 times NZ have played australia they've scored 5 tries......we scored that many against them in 1 game last week (im including tom briscoes perfectly good "try" too)

it will likely be a tight 6,8,12pts game like they normally are.......but i would'nt be surprised if we ripped the kiwis a new one either

beave

Coach
fingers crossed you do mate, I would love to see ENG v Oz final. Would be f**king awesome IMO.