What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 6 - wales v australia

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Hope to see something along the lines of...

1. Darius Boyd
2. Akuila Uate
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Greg Inglis
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Johnathan Thurston (c)
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. David Shillington
11. Beau Scott
12. Tony Williams
13. Corey Parker

14. Daly Cherry-Evans
15. Mat Scott
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Luke Lewis

Obviously give most of the guys who haven't played a start just to enjoy themselves but keep some players who could do with some game time. Inglis/Lawrence/Uate/Boyd could all do with some more game time.

Big Pete, Josh Morris will be there as well taking Lawrence's spot at right centre. The rest of the team looks spot on.

adamkungl

Immortal
That's not Wales' problem though Adam. They only play what's in front of them. back to the game. Australia by a comfortable 50+.

Oh taking nothing away from Wales, i think in both games they've been gallant in defeat when they were clearly outclassed, we've all seen better sides surrender far more meekly. But I don't think you can judge them compared to France/PNG based on NZs performance, because I dont rate this NZ side.

That said, I think this Wales side is better than previous 4N France/PNG sides. So this post is largely pointless pedantics :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Big Pete, Josh Morris will be there as well taking Lawrence's spot at right centre. The rest of the team looks spot on.

More than likely. I don't think he deserves a game Morris and Lawrence needs more game time. He's been really ordinary this series.

TommyGun

Juniors
I think Morris may be included on the bench so our centre-wing pairings can work on their combinations

Pierced Soul

First Grade
wonder if tonga's any chance of playing. i still ahve no idea if he's even with the squad. when he first got injured it was "torn pectoral and hip flexor, being sent home" then it was "hip flexor being sent home" then it was "slightly torn pec staying with the group but won't play again" then last i think i heard he was "hopeful" of playing again.

Lawrence has been ordinary this tour, i think morris will get a run if nothing else but to cover for injuuries but it would be interetsing to see if morris had a blinder whetehr he could force his way in instead of lawrence

TommyGun

Juniors
I thought Willie Tonga was sent home with broken ribs.
Doesnt matter how good Morris plays Sheens will stick with Lawrence. Same goes for Galloway

The goal for Wales will be to imrpove, go out there give it their all, last game of the season, chance to show what they're made of up against the best rugby league players in the world, expecting young guys like Elliot Kear, Gil Dudson, Tyson Frizell, Ben Flower, Lloyd White and Rhys Williams to stand up and prove that they are top level players. Wales will not perfrom as bad as expected hopefully a similar result to their game in the 2000 World Cup.

JasonE

Bench
Could be bad news for Wales with their best player so far Craig Kopczac on report, also Rhys Williams the strong winger who injured his hip v NZ will be out.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
well Farrah has had to leave the tour due to his mum being sick, will sheens rest Smith or get him to play? if he rests him who do we stick in at 9? I would have said Cronk but my suspicion is he and cherry evans would be the halves for this game

campbo

Juniors
It was a great hit on McKendry!!! I saw nothing illegal in the hit, I assumed he broke his jaw in another tackle as a few minutes later he was in the scrum and made a tackle.

If Kopsczack (sp?) gets suspended for that, what a joke (Penrith fan btw) - especially after Packer only got 1 game for his low act on Lockyer.

JasonE

Bench
Kopczak has been outed for this game, thats a real shame and leaves Wales with only two props.

pcpp

Juniors
Checked the TV guides for this one, doesn't look like Nine are going to show it live, if at all...