What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Nations game 6 - wales v australia

undertaker

Coach
Im fairly certain they are contractually obligated to show the match.

Well, in the 2009 4-nations, they did broadcast the Australia/France match, and they also broadcasted the Australia/PNG match in 2010. So far this tournament, although the scorelines may not indicate it, Wales have played a lot better than France (2009) and PNG (2010)

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 2 at 7:30 am (delayed)... :?
The game on Fox Sports 1 at 3am is Eng-NZ (live).

Nein will be showing the much more important "Good morning America weekend edition" at the time of the game... :sarcasm:

Strange that the telecast for the Eng-NZ game begins at 3am, since the actual kickoff time is at 6pm GMT (5am AEDT), and the Wales-Australia match kickoff is 5:45pm GMT (4:45am AEDT).

Well, the final the following week will definitely be shown on Ch9 (5am AEDT), but I will be disappointed if the Wales-Australia match is shafted. Yes, I know we're playing Wales and they cannot make the final, but it doesn't excuse the fact that it's still a test match.

hutch

First Grade
You can bet that nine will be showing union games this month, Wales and barbarians!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
f**k channel 9. f**king merkins. Should release a f**king disease on that station.

Anyone think that can get the guys at 4Chan to attack?

deluded pom?

Coach
Why do the Aussie authorities bother with Channel 9 when they continually fail to do the game any favours? There must be other broadcasters who actually realise what RL brings to the table.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Why do the Aussie authorities bother with Channel 9 when they continually fail to do the game any favours? There must be other broadcasters who actually realise what RL brings to the table.

Short story, we are half owned by News Ltd, being in the UK, you should know what kind of morals and standards that company has. merkins, the lot of them.

roughyedspud

Coach
speaking of which...james murdoch is up before the committee again this morning.....should be worth watching cos he's gonna get a battering :lol:

yakstorm

First Grade
nope...news ltd will still own 50% NRL....no matter who runs it (the independent commission)

What? You can't be anymore wrong.

As part of the creation of the commission, News and the ARL will each hand over their ownership of the NRL, ARL Development and ARL to the new body.

The new body's business structure and legal structure won't allow for private ownership of the governing body, meaning there is no way News can continue to be involved in the new commission NPO.

The only thing News will own once the commission is formed is their current rights (end before 2013), and first & last bidding for the next 10 years.

roughyedspud

Coach
fair enough my bad

though i find it hard to believe news corp would just hand over 50% of a billion dollar business

Pierced Soul

First Grade
though i find it hard to believe news corp would just hand over 50% of a billion dollar business

well they've spent as much time as they can bashing the sport they half own so nothing surprises me with them

as for nein, we all know they're merkins, i'm not surprised it isnt on live, nor am i surprised they show some re-run. f**k me i wouldnt be surprised if nein just put up a test pattern instead of actually trying to support rugby league

Valheru

Coach
I saw an ad on fox yesterday detailing their coverage of the 4 nations this weekend. They are showing NZ/ENG live at whatever time that and AUS/Wales replay at 8AM I think.

Surely that means nine are showing the game live? If they weren’t then what is stopping fox from doing so?

deal.with.it

Juniors
Hey guys,
Sucks about 9, but its just them being their usual self.
If fox is going to show the aus wales game at 8am delayed, just wondering if anyone thinks there is a good chance that someone will share the game on certain illegal sites at the delayed time?
I don't have fox and would settle to watch the game delayed at 8am online, if 9 is going to fail RL. A simple yes or no, don't post the names of these sites or links.
Thanks

VictoryFC

Bench
Hey guys,
Sucks about 9, but its just them being their usual self.
If fox is going to show the aus wales game at 8am delayed, just wondering if anyone thinks there is a good chance that someone will share the game on certain illegal sites at the delayed time?
I don't have fox and would settle to watch the game delayed at 8am online, if 9 is going to fail RL. A simple yes or no, don't post the names of these sites or links.
Thanks

If you want to watch the game live online, just PM. BBC feed, high quality. Delayed I can't help you.

Latest posts