What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 new signings apparently...

defunk

Juniors
Braith Anasta, Beau Ryan, Anthony Tupou and Chris Heighnington...

2 different sources this has come from today...

Would love to get Heighnington,he and Lewis in back row pushing Plum ip front as 4th front rower would be awesome...

Thoughts?

soc123_au

Staff member
We must be getting Ryan at -100k. Allows a bit of cap space for the other 3. Be pretty good news if it's true.

abpanther

Staff member
Great news, Ryan will be a decent depth signing, the other 3 would be great

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm starting to grow a new found fondness for the Panthers, purely for taking the crap players from the Tigers.

Would like to get Plummy back, but thanks for taking Daine and now Beauzo genius.

Do you need a halfback, Robert Lui is top shelf /sarcasm

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Piss Ryan off and get Gagai ffs. Gagai is stuck behind Hoffman, Reed, Yow Yeh, Hodges, Beale and Copley.

maple_69

Bench
I'm more than happy to take Ryan as depth if it means we've secured the other 3. Would be our biggest recruitment drive in decades.

At the very least we know Gould has the ambition and the pulling power to put us in contention for these top line players.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
quiet rumours around that Panthers are looking at Chris Heighington. Hino is contracted to the Tigers for another 2 years I think, but that means sweet f**k all at the Tigers right now (Gibbs had signed til 2015 a month before being shopped off to the Sharks)

Big Mick

Referee
If getting Beau Ryan means getting Heighington...assuming Ryan is on no more than $75k I'd be stoked.

8. Civoniceva
9. Kingston
10. Grant
11. Lewis
12. Heighington
13. Anasta

14. McKendry
15. Weston
16. Tupou
17. Seluini

Tell me how that isn't better than what we have now?

That assumes losing Nathan Smith, Trent Waterhouse etc. Considering we'll lose likely 10 players...on decent coin...no reason we can't afford them.

Or putting Anasta at 5/8 and having Sene-Lafao coming onto bench.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
1.Lachlan Coote
2.Brad Tighe/David Simmons
3.Michael Jennings
4.Michael Gordon
5.Dane Gagai

Munky

Coach
Lewis and Anasta in the same side could be interesting.

Both big with ball playing skills and would each attract two defenders when running the ball. They could run off each other quite well.

Plus both have leadership qualities.