What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 new signings apparently...

Big Mick

Referee
Are you taking Jeremy Smith as well.
As for Brown and Vidot, I will be surprised if they are on the books.

LMAO I knew I forgot someone.

I was seriously thinking for like 5 minutes saying.."bloody hell..I've forgotten someone...good player...backrower...ffs! stupid hangover"

franklin2323

Immortal
walsh must have had a dodgy hammy from the time he arrived at penrith .He has never run the ball since he arrived.Gould has noticed
Well he had some leg injury last year. Either way, We need our 1/2's partnership doing more. If 1 is comfortable just kicking or running the other should fill the void by doing the rest. The last month or so we have looked good running it on the last. Yet haven't done it enough to score more then a few tries a game

Fibroman

First Grade
Toops is the only player on that list that I would want to chase. He is a gun. Beau Ryan would be good on the piss after the game, and Heighington would be good for depth.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know that you'll be signing De Gois and Mitch Brown, Daniel Vidot & a couple of others...but given their salaries, who you currently have and who you are upgrading you will not have enough to keep toops.

You need a minimum squad of 25 mate....not 17.

De Gois, Fifita, Gibbs etc were not cheap.

And given that you signed Graham, Best, etc on good coin last year...options are increasingly limited.

Having said that, I really like what Cronulla are doing. Getting rid of deadshits like Ben Pomeroy, John Morris etc and actually buying quality players for once.

1. Nathan Gardiner
2. Stuart Mills
3. Matthew Wright
4. Colin Best
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Albert Kelly
7. Chad Townsend
8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Issac De Gois
10. Paul Gallen
11. Andrew Fifita
12. Jeremy Smith
13. Wade Graham

RES:
14. John Morris
15. Mark Tafua
16. Sam Tagataese
17. Jason Bukuya

Not bad....particularly considering you'll likely add Tim Moltzen and maybe Justin Poore.

Then you just need a couple more youngsters to step up and take the other spots.

Building nicely. Still a couple of years away...need guys to mature.
Fifita will be Prop, Gallen in the back row.;-)

murraymob

Coach
Anasta has stayed with the goosters thats one of the 4 down.I doubt he would have left latte land even if available.I think we will be looking more low key signings than major buys as Gould looks to shore up positions

haynenation

Juniors
definetly should go for heighington and tupou. tupou = good value cause everyone thinks his crap but trust me he has potential to be as good a back rower as the nrl has

maple_69

Bench
Tupou went through a pretty weak period after he signed with the Sharks, but his last 18 months have been high quality.
Would love to have him and/or Heighno on board.

Fibroman

First Grade
Anasta has always been over rated. He's got a good long kicking game, but that's about it.

chrisD

Coach
We need a 5/8, not back rowers and def not Tupou. And we need wingers that aren't an embarrassment.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
How do we not need a backrower with Waterhouse leaving?

I think Tupou would be an excellent signing

goosie

Juniors
lol we need a backrower thats bout it at this stage. see how the next few weeks pan out before thinking bout anything else

chrisD

Coach
Waterhouse has had a good couple of weeks but for the last couple of years has offered nothing much more than average play and penalties, and still wasn't our problem. We'd lose very little by replacing him with standard fair and gain massively by picking up a real 5/8.

goosie

Juniors
and a decent winger to replace purtell would be good but depends tighe could move to wing and replace purtell when jennings is back and vai vai mite be able to play on the right side have to wait and see surely you cant leave vai vai out when jennings is back.