What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th CB Series ODI: Mon 26 Jan (AUS DAY) Australia v South Africa @ Adelaide

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
cbseries4.jpg

Haurie must go.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You'll find I had nothing to do with the post you had deleted. The mod who deleted probably didn't want a sh*tfight started for no good reason. Get on with discussing the game, numbskull.

Spike

First Grade
Might as well give Bollinger a go, maybe even Aaron Bird. He's been in pretty decent form. Maybe North for Dussey

aussies1st

Staff member
There isn't too much change we can make in the middle. Hopes out but then we need to find a all rounder. Dussey has been alright, certainly not the one to blame for the average batting display.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We can't play Tait or Johnson in the same side. Far to expensive, especially at the somewhere like Adelaide with it's short boundaries.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well Tait has good yorkers so good luck hitting them to the short boundaries. We need him for his wicket taking abilities. Johnson we can put down to rust for now, must be a reason why he averages 23 in ODI.

Bigfella

Coach
We were at least 20 runs shy and 3-6 didn;t do their jobs.

Actually last night was the type of innings we wanted White.

If we bring a bowler in it has to be Aaron Bird. Best quick in ODI domestic cricket by a long shot IMO.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It'll be another game where we're cruising at the 30 over mark before having our regulation middle order collapse and then either just hanging on, or being 30 runs shy ...

beads6

First Grade
I think we need to move Hussey to 6 and Haddin to 4.... Haddin could be dynamic if he gets to bat out a good part of the innings... Mussey could even get a break he has a dreadful summer and IMO we could do with out him..

Dee

Juniors
^ agree to that. I've been thinking that for a while now, Haddin definitely has the potential for huge scores if he actually has some batsmen down the other end of the pitch to bat with. It seems as though time after time when the Hussey's and M. Clarke come in, our run rate plummets, and lose the momentum from the top 3. From there all the pressure's on Haddin, Hopes, White, even Johnson etc. Haddin to 4 would be a great move imo. Symonds return will be good too though.

It was only a few years ago that there were no selection worries at all. With the likes of Gilly, Haydos, Punter, Damien Martyn, Hussey, Pup, Symonds, Warne, Mcgrath, Lee, S. Clarke....

Gaba

First Grade
Ponting needs to be replaced as captain, then the field setting would help the bowling,

Need fielders who arent lazy , i can not believe how many easy singles were given in the power players,

El Diablo

Post Whore
spewin

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/5279722/bracken-adelaide-match-harris

Bracken out of Adelaide match, Harris in
AAP - January 24, 2009, 5:01 pm

Australia have suffered a serious blow before the crunch one-day clash against South Africa with seamer Nathan Bracken ruled out with a calf strain.

The left-armer's form has been one of the few highlights for the home side with the tourists leading the five-match series 2-1 ahead of game four at Adelaide Oval.

The South Africans have struggled to come to grips with his variety of deliveries with Proteas skipper Johan Botha saying on Friday night that Bracken was always "one step ahead of us".

Bracken will be replaced by Queensland paceman Ryan Harris.

Australian team physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said scans had shown that Bracken had sustained a minor strain from Friday night's clash at the SCG which South Africa won by three wickets.

"We will continue to assess the injury over the next few days before a decision can be made on Nathan's availability for the Perth games against South Africa and New Zealand," Kountouris said.

Bracken is currently second on the International Cricket Council's one-day bowler rankings and national chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch said he would be missed in Adelaide.

"It is disappointing to lose Nathan Bracken for such a critical game, particularly given his current form and world ranking in the one-day format of the game," he said.

"However it does provide Ryan Harris with another opportunity to come back into the Australian squad after a good performance during his debut in Hobart."

The Australian side will train at the Adelaide Oval on Sunday.

Spike

First Grade
Ahhh f*ck, our only half decent bowler. I think someone said Harris averages in the 40s for domestic 1 dayers. Not the kind of player you need when the series is on the line. What are the odds for SA to take the series at the moment? I might get on them so that I can at least get something out of it.