What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 years Who will be the Superstar?

Big Mick

Referee
thats the other five-eight i was thinking...i knew his name was Keating...wasn't sure of his first name! hahaha.

Scott Bolton is a player I rate for the Cowgirls, David Taylor from Broc's.

There are going to be a lot of good props and centres going around in the next few years.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
It would be interesting to dig this thread up in a few years and see how many players actually made it.
Remember names like Michael Witt, Brett Firman, Michael Weyman, Chad Randall were meant to be superstars 4-5 years back?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Harold Bishop said:
It would be interesting to dig this thread up in a few years and see how many players actually made it.
Remember names like Michael Witt, Brett Firman, Michael Weyman, Chad Randall were meant to be superstars 4-5 years back?

4 - 5 years back Weyman was 17 or 18. At 22 years of age I'm not prepard to chuck him in that has-been basket just yet. Hopefully one day he'll stop getting injured and become the menace everyone expects.

In 5 years:

Todd Carney
William Zillman
Michael Jennings
Israel Folau
Kris Inu
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Fraser Anderson

wittyfan

Referee
Harold Bishop said:

Witty's still on the road to superstardom under a better coach, and Chaddy is playing some good footy for the Quins.

caylo

Bench
instead of 5 players ill name Top XIII of the NRL (in 5 years)
I may miss some players, so forgive me i dont no every jnr player in the comp.

Hayne
Falou
Inu
Inglus
Jennings
Thurston
T.Smith (ready to get shot about this selection, but its my honest opinnion)
Cordoba
Farah
Douglas
Hoffman (im my opinnion will be the next hindmarsh)
SBW
Mateo

i've tried to be as objective as possible, that and this team will not even be close when you think of all the players that come through every year. I have prob oevr looked a few players. IN 5 years you also have to remember players like hindmarsh, Cayless, Civanoceva, Lockyer, Orford, Gower, Lyon etc may well (and should be in may cases) still be playing and they would prob feature in these sort of sides. I have disregareded these players.

Shorty

Staff member
People are silly not to be saying Thurston as he's only going to get better.
Read the question "Superstars" not your club's rookies.

Disco

Bench
its a bit of a silly thread imo

things can change so much in the space of a year, or can barely change over 5

eg Thurston will most likely be at the top of his game in 5 years and be No1 or he could go backwards like an Anasta or Barrett etc, who knows

or maybeSome kid who is 15 atm might burst onto the scene in 5 years and be bigger than Ben Hur

Latest posts