What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 years Who will be the Superstar?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Luke will only be 28 by that time. We will likely resign him for another 2-3 years to finish out his career

Only thing I can see changing that is if Luke decides to play for the Warriors, which he said he wanted to do one day. But he also might want to be a one club player

I'd probably have him on a 1-2 year contract seeing as he'd be on old legs and his running game might suffer by then (hopefully not) big fan of bully but i'd love to see McInnes play for us, he reminds me of a young Cameron Smith, not the strongest or fastest but definitely a thinker and a great decision maker, it's no wonder he's captaining the 20's in his first year and made the Bears as 18th man one game this year!

Sanchez

Coach
instead of 5 players ill name Top XIII of the NRL (in 5 years)
I may miss some players, so forgive me i dont no every jnr player in the comp.

Hayne
Falou
Inu
Inglus
Jennings
Thurston
T.Smith (ready to get shot about this selection, but its my honest opinnion)
Cordoba
Farah
Douglas
Hoffman (im my opinnion will be the next hindmarsh)
SBW
Mateo

i've tried to be as objective as possible, that and this team will not even be close when you think of all the players that come through every year. I have prob oevr looked a few players. IN 5 years you also have to remember players like hindmarsh, Cayless, Civanoceva, Lockyer, Orford, Gower, Lyon etc may well (and should be in may cases) still be playing and they would prob feature in these sort of sides. I have disregareded these players.

Damn this guy did well

macavity

Referee
All this thread serves to show is how crap our halves stocks are at present compared to 10-15 years ago.... and how way off pretty much everyone is at guessing who is going to be a star!

Lambretta

First Grade
whole heap coming thru the panthers.

Jarrod Sammut, Mick Jennings, Matthew Forwood, Lancen Joudo, Wade Graham, Matthew Wright, Zoram Watane, Joseph Paulo, Tim Grant

At other clubs:
Issac Luke, Chris Sandow, Shannon Walker, Liam Foran, Matt Rafferty, Ben Te'o, Aaron Groom, Matt Ryan, Sonny Fai, Cooper Vuna, Kris Inu, Blake Green, Jacob Ling, Akuila Uate, Terrance Seu Seu, Cory Paterson, Kade Snowden....the list goes on.

Our game is in safe hands.

And people lol @ souffs
:sarcasm:

OK, so there are some good names in there - but predicting the future will only lead to you wondering what you were thinking when you look back on it.

Injuries, inability to take the next step, change in body types with growth, other players changing more than you etc etc etc. People arriving on the scene late. Other kids coming through at the same club in the same position etc. All thee things mean that predicting which kids will make it and which won't is nothing more than a lottery most of the time.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Benji Marshall is a great player to fit under that criteria, greg inglis hasnt done anything too special this year, and it looks to me he is failing to beat second year syndrome atm, Slater is surely outplaying him.

up and comers are who we are talking about, Jennings, Inu, Folau... anyone that has showed some promise in their first year in the NRL.

If a young talented footballer, can beat the second year syndrome, then they are a superstar in the making.

I bet you're glad Greg beat that famous second year syndrome now :p

PS Slater has been outplaying everyone since 2003, so Greg can't have been doing too badly. I remember he had a slow start to his second season but then exploded and came home with a wet sail.

Latest posts