What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 years Who will be the Superstar?

So that puts those players ~ 23, 24 Right? (Bar Inglis who was 20-21!)

So, who will be the superstars in 5 years if we're focusing on those age groups?

Edit: Marshall Magic isn't allowed in tipping comps as he clearly has a sports almanac from 2032.

Players who are rep footy regulars in their early 20s will probably be the stars in their late 20s. In 2018 Hayne will be 30, Cherry 29, Johnson 28, Sam Burgess 29, Barba (if he gets himself together) 29, The Dugan 28 (if he hasn't been thrown in gaol by then) and Foran 28, these guys will probably become (or remain) the games elite in 5 years.

Or to think of it a different way, think of where all the biggest superstars in the game today were 5 years ago.

Edwahu

Bench
Cordner
Milford
Dugan if he tries for long enough
DCE
Fergo if he doesn't end up in prison
Sam Burgess
Johnson
Klemmer
Foran
Brenko Lee if he stays fit

jim_57

Staff member
Burgii
Johnson
Tomkins
Brooks
Taumalolo
Milford
Widdop
Reynoldss

A few off the top of my head

Mr Saab

Referee
Lachlan Maranta will be killing it in 5 yrs.....for some park team. His center partner will be Dale Copely

BranVan3000

Coach
It's just incredible how far ahead of the curve Thurston was. Johnson, Reynolds, DCE are fantastic but Thurston is just a cut above (and was at that age).

I tend to agree with you that the talent is very congested. The only player to have broken the mould quite as much is Barba who is yet to stand the test of time - a few years will tell.
I dunno about that. This thread is from 2007. He was already 24 by then, won Dally M halfback of the year and been in two Grand Finals with two clubs. If this thread was from 2004 when he was 21 or so it would be an impressive prediction, when he was only coming off the bench.

Speaking of which, Luke Keary is 21 and coming off the bench. I think he will be a superstar :p

BranVan3000

Coach
From da Souffs;

George Burgess
Tom Burgess
Luke Keary
Adam Reynolds
Dylan Walker
Cam McInnes

The only list McInnes will join is the list of dummy halves playing for other teams cause they couldn't get around Issac Luke. I think so far it's

Craig wing
Segeyaro
Beau Falloon
Nathan Peats

The list is going to be quite extensive the rate we seem to be getting good dummy halves

rabbitohs95

Bench
The only list McInnes will join is the list of dummy halves playing for other teams cause they couldn't get around Issac Luke. I think so far it's

Craig wing
Segeyaro
Beau Falloon
Nathan Peats

The list is going to be quite extensive the rate we seem to be getting good dummy halves

Personally i don't think he will, Luke's contract is up in 2015, the year McInnes stops playing 20's, and i can see him forcing his way into the starting side whether we re-sign Luke or not.

simostorm

Bench
In 5 years time these will be the best channel 9 commentators.

Ray Warren
Phil Gould
Peter Sterling
Andrew Voss
Ray Hadley

BranVan3000

Coach
Personally i don't think he will, Luke's contract is up in 2015, the year McInnes stops playing 20's, and i can see him forcing his way into the starting side whether we re-sign Luke or not.

Luke will only be 28 by that time. We will likely resign him for another 2-3 years to finish out his career

Only thing I can see changing that is if Luke decides to play for the Warriors, which he said he wanted to do one day. But he also might want to be a one club player

Latest posts