What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 years Who will be the Superstar?

tonesy87

Juniors
Bored Saturday morning going through old threads, thought I would bump this thread up so people can see how their predictions from over 5 years ago went, some of them are funny, some went on to become superstars, others went to other codes and some dropped off the face of the planet

Puntastic

Juniors
that's spookily correct!

So that puts those players ~ 23, 24 Right? (Bar Inglis who was 20-21!)

So, who will be the superstars in 5 years if we're focusing on those age groups?

Edit: Marshall Magic isn't allowed in tipping comps as he clearly has a sports almanac from 2032.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The burgess boys, not had a superstar prop since webke, I reckon these twins could be. Marketers dream to have two bookends like them to promote.

BranVan3000

Coach
So that puts those players ~ 23, 24 Right? (Bar Inglis who was 20-21!)

So, who will be the superstars in 5 years if we're focusing on those age groups?

Edit: Marshall Magic isn't allowed in tipping comps as he clearly has a sports almanac from 2032.

I'm gonna say

Shaun Johnson
Adam Reynolds
The Burgii
Ben Barba
Konrad Hurrell

Hard to make up a list seems the talent is very congested right now without a lot of stand outs

t-ba

Post Whore
in 5 years time, Brett Stewart will have about 130-140 tries if he continues to score as he does, and would still only be about 27-28 i think. He is def the fullback to watch

Considering how injury prone he's been and the whole unsavouriness, the fact he's made it to 130 in (almost) that timeframe is amazing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The two young stand offs for souths yesterday and melbourne the other week. Will be interesting to see if widdop kicks on or is hit with the Melbourne curse. Some exciting young wingers around the league at the moment.

t-ba

Post Whore
The trade we got for Bani at the time turned out to be one of the best pieces of business the club has done...

Puntastic

Juniors
I'm gonna say

Shaun Johnson
Adam Reynolds
The Burgii
Ben Barba
Konrad Hurrell

Hard to make up a list seems the talent is very congested right now without a lot of stand outs

It's just incredible how far ahead of the curve Thurston was. Johnson, Reynolds, DCE are fantastic but Thurston is just a cut above (and was at that age).

I tend to agree with you that the talent is very congested. The only player to have broken the mould quite as much is Barba who is yet to stand the test of time - a few years will tell.

Inglis#3

Juniors
Luke Keary
Dylan Walker
Aiden Sezer
Matt Lodge
Ben Hampton
George Burgess
Corey Oates
Anthony Milford

ek999

First Grade
Reynolds x 2
Klemmer
T Peachey
Sims x 2

I think they will be big stars in 5 years. Another is John Sila at the Bulldogs. Has scored an absolute shitload of tries in lower grades

Latest posts