What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH ASHES TEST: @ The Oval London July 26-30, 2023

Sphagnum

Coach
If Australia win or draw here it won’t count under Bazball rules. This is the first test series in history where rain has had an impact and since the impact wasn’t in Englands favour, it’s not fair.

Right? Care to comment Stuart, you self righteous f**kwit. Enjoy going out on top with your home Ashes loss, Dickhead. The tears did more damage to the outfield than the rain.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Pitch looked as placid as the raiders goal line defence.

Love the poms telling us that Wood only bowling 3 overs and not coming on until we were nearly 100 was tactical as if we're as gullible as them.

We're in the box seat, well played Davey and K man. And well played Baz-Ben for asking for roads.

Eelectrica

Referee
Was wondering what the bad news was going to be when I woke up. I guess the bad news is that had it not rained we would have been even close to the total and still none down.
Will done Davey and Usi.

We could play until midnight right? I mean it's not like the ground staff and TV crews have anything better to do. They're all just peasants anyway.

JJ

Immortal
As long as England don’t win. Five tests of Bazball and just 1 win to show for it sounds good to me.

A win here would be some nice icing on this cake though.
it's funny though, in many ways Bazball is a reason they are competitive, but the level of stupidity that comes with it is the reason they've lost... that said, the level of stupidity that comes with it seems to have infected the Australian team too (as it has others when they've got rolling)

Eelectrica

Referee
Seeing as how a test is played over 5 days, taking weather into consideration has to be part of the planning if it’s a must win game.
Weather is going to change in 5 days.
The early declaration in test 1 spooked them into not declaring in test 4 and possibly here as well.

Since we’re none done though declaring early might have just made the test win easier for us though. Still Bazball is all about taking risks in pursuit of victory so probably should have declared here as well knowing rain was on the way again.

bazza

Immortal
Seeing as how a test is played over 5 days, taking weather into consideration has to be part of the planning if it’s a must win game.
Weather is going to change in 5 days.
The early declaration in test 1 spooked them into not declaring in test 4 and possibly here as well.

Since we’re none done though declaring early might have just made the test win easier for us though. Still Bazball is all about taking risks in pursuit of victory so probably should have declared here as well knowing rain was on the way again.
I think that the English bowlers just aren't good enough to roll Australia for low scores on these flat pitches

Also seems the ball has been an issue in this series as it seems to have required a change nearly every innings

Eelectrica

Referee
I think that the English bowlers just aren't good enough to roll Australia for low scores on these flat pitches

Also seems the ball has been an issue in this series as it seems to have required a change nearly every innings
The short, high risk innings they’re playing isn’t doing their bowlers any good either.
Possibly why Wood didn’t bowl much. They don’t want him bowling 20+ overs in an innings.

They sure do like a different ball, the poms. Whatever ball they’ve got, they always want a different one.

Bazal

Post Whore
This is delicious, my guys.

Draw - 2-1 series win, Poms cry over draws
Win - 3-1 series belting, literally shit on Stuart Broads twink face
Lose - 2-2 series draw, retain Ashes, Poms cry even harder over 'moral victories' and 'rain saving Australia'

Even if we lose, we win. The national anthem of England is about to become this

reee-kid.gif