What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Test: Austalia vs England at SCG Jan 3-7 2011

El Diablo

Post Whore
This series has been a disaster for us and I guess it was the one we had to have. Just gotta hope changes happen otherwise we will turn into the West Indies.

we can only hope this has been a blessing in disguise and the selectors will finally wake up or better yet be sacked

they have poersisted with this when the time for rebuilding was last summer against Pak and WI

Man why did Broad have to get injured..

Tbh losing the Ashes this time around hasn't hurt as much as it did in previous times. Can't do much when the opposition is just that much better than you.

By the way, you can't lose something you don't have in the first place.

This is the Ashes debacle we needed to have. Maybe. I have a bad feeling there won't be much change where it is needed. If Nielsen is still our coach after this debacle then .... FMD!!

Johns Magic

Referee
our next test series is in 7 months, I think we'll see a few things change before then, some retirements maybe

I'm sure there will be, retirements and droppings.

But this is Smith's chance to show everyone he can bat like a Test batsman when under pressure. And on previous innings, that would be very much in doubt in selectors minds come seven months' time.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
cant believe the difference in bowling between teams.

johnson needs to be picked once a year for the WACA and leave him in the nets the rest of the time. most of his wickets this test have been sh*t again, shots played on hooks caught in the deep etc.

his scrambled seam also look like it ruins the chances of any of our other bowlers to get it swinging and reversing. we have no one person dedicated to working on the ball. england have cook.

unfortunatley hilf needs to go. ive been a big supporter of his but he just hasnt delivered. he has had enough tests to get it right

im no siddle fan, but maybe he gets more movement if we take care of the ball a little better. (thanks again mitch). hes the only one that deservs to stay on after this.

beer. well the less said about him the better. not a test cricketers asshole. not the AUS A spinner not the the VIC spinner barely the WA spinner.

has to be SOK or if he is not ready Haurie. and before everyone starts, i hate haurie as much as the next guy but there is no one better if you want SOK to have another season of first class under his belt. or even better get him in to county cricket before our next test series.

Copeland and Dougy need to come in at the expense of johson and hilfy.

as alot of people have said on here top down restructuring is needed immediatly. if we the fans feel like the selectors, admin and coach are crazy imagine how the players feel, and more importantly how that feeling is then represented in our performances.

just so hard to watch

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Most of us on here wanted the cleanout to come after we lost the 2009 Ashes. Instead in the first test we had 10 of the same 11 that lost them :?

FMD :crazy: The whole of Cricket Australia needs a massive broom.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
i guess that 09 ashes loss wasnt a big enough catalyst for change. not like we got spanked.

if this loss on home soil doesnt force some serious changes to the way Cricket in Australia is run then i dont know what will.

maybe a 5-0 series home loss to the bangas................:crazy:

I reckon if that ungainly swipe at the ball which Siddle edged over slips was played by Hughes the commentators would all be saying "Don't bowl at him there, lovely shot, that's just playing to his strengths."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon if that ungainly swipe at the ball which Siddle edged over slips was played by Hughes the commentators would all be saying "Don't bowl at him there, lovely shot, that's just playing to his strengths."
Ok Cum bucket we all know Hughes is struggling but with Kat injured who else is there to open the batting ATM???? Hughes being picked when he has been in such bad form shows just how bare the cupboard is.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cosgrove..at least then he'd be the perfect guy for the ads. Don't get me out, or I'll eat you!

JW

Coach
Deadset, these Vics would pay Mick Lewis and Fumbleball Fleming to come out of retirement.

Evenflow

Bench
Is there anyway we can give Siddle's batting technique to Phil Hughes?

While i know you were just going for the inevitable bite, the funny/sad thing is that Siddle will actually end up with a higher average than Hughes if he scores a couple more runs tomorrow. What a sorry state of affairs that is :crazy:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Seriously the AB medal votes in this series should be scrapped..who would get votes...Johnson would probably get 3, lol!