What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 tackle try - NQ dudded again!

Charlie124

First Grade
Why won't you address the fact that NQ scored off the back of 2 dud calls and then Manly scored off the back of 1? Thurston should be more concerned about the fact he and his team haven't played well enough.

Because these "did calls" you've just come up with are just your opinion, unlike both of ours. It's not my opinion that it was the 7th tackle when the sharks scored, nor is it my opinion that Foran knocked it 3m forward last year. He admitted it himself and the NRL issued an apology and assured us this kind of thing wouldn't happen again. (Thank god for that, hey?)
It is my opinion that we were disallowed a fair try earlier in that game when they ruled that Gavin Cooper knocked on when to me it looked like it hit his legs and he'd gotten his hands out of the way, but that decision is just one of those things that can go against you.

firechild

First Grade
Because these "did calls" you've just come up with are just your opinion, unlike both of ours. It's not my opinion that it was the 7th tackle when the sharks scored, nor is it my opinion that Foran knocked it 3m forward last year. He admitted it himself and the NRL issued an apology and assured us this kind of thing wouldn't happen again. (Thank god for that, hey?)
It is my opinion that we were disallowed a fair try earlier in that game when they ruled that Gavin Cooper knocked on when to me it looked like it hit his legs and he'd gotten his hands out of the way, but that decision is just one of those things that can go against you.

Actually the Kieren Foran knock on IS open to interpretation. This image shows that Foran's hand is on the front of the ball:

---353_foran-20130916141038656409-300x0.jpg

I'm not saying it wasn't a knock-on but it's not as clear cut as you make it out. The strip was quite possibly the most blatant one that any player has ever got away with. It was as blatant, if not more blatant than the knock-on that your lot have been moaning about for 12 months. 3 arms went up (Foran's right arm and both of Thurston's), the ball hit 1 or more of them and went forwards and the video ref made a call based on his interpretation of the evidence.

bottle

Coach
You still whinging about last year? ffs.
And you've got the hide to accuse Cows fans of whinging.
Foran knocked on, end of.

Charlie124

First Grade
Actually the Kieren Foran knock on IS open to interpretation. This image shows that Foran's hand is on the front of the ball:

---353_foran-20130916141038656409-300x0.jpg

I'm not saying it wasn't a knock-on but it's not as clear cut as you make it out. The strip was quite possibly the most blatant one that any player has ever got away with. It was as blatant, if not more blatant than the knock-on that your lot have been moaning about for 12 months. 3 arms went up (Foran's right arm and both of Thurston's), the ball hit 1 or more of them and went forwards and the video ref made a call based on his interpretation of the evidence.

Not quite, the nrl recognised the blunder and issued their apology, and Foran himself has since admitted that he knocked it on. Plus the clear as day video footage of it. It's clear cut.

Surely

Post Whore
It is the Sydney-centric media and its pivotal role it plays on the NRL heirarchy (refs through to CEO) and the NRL Commission, that is the real problem. Thats why so many refs have been dropped from an Origin series on the back of bad or wrong decision against NSW. Its the media scrutiny and the pressure placed on the NRL to make a change. Can anyone advise me when the opposite has happened? So as a referee if you want to stay in a job what do you do, you give the 50/50s against those teams to survive in such a cut-throat workplace.

Sydney centric ?

That's why the broncs get a TV game just about every week and a team like keep the sharks get about 2.

Swarzey

Bench
Haven't weighed in on it yet but...I understand the frustration from Cowboys fans, players and the club especially after last year. However, last year's "Hand of God" incident I think it making this look much, much worse.

The fact is this happened so early in the game that it didn't set the game. It didn't kill momentum, it didn't cost them the lead, it didn't cost them the game. When you still have 70 minutes and have the lead later in the match not once but twice, then it comes down to your inability to win the game.

I think it should have been zero tackle. No way did Lui touch that ball before it hit the ground. Cowboys are understandably frustrated, I would be too if Newcastle lost yesterday to the same error however, everything that has come up since such as the idea there's a conspiracy, something I do see where they're coming from after some poor refereeing in other games but the online petition to have a replay.

firechild

First Grade
You still whinging about last year? ffs.
And you've got the hide to accuse Cows fans of whinging.
Foran knocked on, end of.

I'm not whinging about it. Yes, Foran knocked on but these merkins are making it out like they were robbed because of it. I'm saying it was one of numerous calls that affected the game and it's not as significant as Thurston and co. are making it out to be.

firechild

First Grade
Not quite, the nrl recognised the blunder and issued their apology, and Foran himself has since admitted that he knocked it on. Plus the clear as day video footage of it. It's clear cut.

As clear cut as the strip. Both led to tries, get over it.

Card Shark

Immortal
That angle doesn't show Foran touching it but the 1 from the camera on halfway shows him smashing it.

I did feel sorry for the cowboys originally but not after days of pis*ing and moaning about one wrong decision. It's always someone elses fault. This happened in the 8th minute and they led twice afterwards! Excuses, excuses from Thurston and Co for not being able to get the job done. There's suddenly a Sydney conspiracy theory that has ended their season? I mean are souths and the chooks not just better than the cowboys? Do they deserve to be in the grand final more than the cowboys? Yes and Yes. Match replay would be so unfair to the sharks but I sort of want it to happen just to shut these idiots up.

Proudsharky

Juniors
End of the 52nd min, thurston puts a grubber through gallen picks it up , he purposely trips gallen as he is running through and cowgirls score, don't see us making countess Facebook petitions about it, honestly at the end of the day the cows never deserved to be in the finals,they even sacked there coach, they really stick together don't they , they had the worst 3/4 of football in the year ,, most disappointing team of 2013 , better luck next year

beave

Coach
I can't wait for this weekends 2 games to be over and done with so there's something f**king else to talk/whinge/gripe about.

This is all I am going to say on the matter as a diehard NQ fan.

Maybe if JT and Lui knew how to kick on the last, we wouldn't have been under the pump Saturday arvo from their uselessness.

Maybe if the whole team stood up to be counted during the whole f**king regular season and not just the last 6 games we wouldn't have been in a sudden death situation AND away from home.

Maybe if the f**khead coach selected Taumalolo on a deserved weekly basis we would have won more games.

Maybe if the f**khead coach brought Tariq on with a bit more than 25mins to go on Saturday,he may have made more of an impact.

Maybe if the coach selected Reithmuller over a broken down Dallas Johnson all season long we would have won more games.

Maybe if the coach gave more of the younger guys like Feldt and Ulugia a go earlier on over hacks like Ash Graham we would have won more games

I could go on and on but I am sick of the bullshit conspiracy excuses.

Play your f**king asses off ALL YEAR you prima donna, read your own hype, over paid pricks.

Stop blaming everyone else for the loss and I wish all the bandwagon 1 week supporters would shut the f**k up and get on someone elses bandwagon because you are making the sane NQ fans look like a bunch of raving looneys. Petitions and mid week games, what, because the result didn't go our way we are going to whinge like a bunch of f**king spoilt brats? The last 2 days the reaction of the team has been downright disappointing.

I wish the players would shut up, go to ground and use the hate and destroy every merkin next year when they run out to play instead of crying like an old mole on her rags.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Well said beave.

Maybe if the f**khead coach selected Taumalolo on a deserved weekly basis we would have won more games

For me this is seriously one of the great mysteries. And it's not just for a few weeks, it's been happening for two years now and it has confused me that whole time.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I can't wait for this weekends 2 games to be over and done with so there's something f**king else to talk/whinge/gripe about.

This is all I am going to say on the matter as a diehard NQ fan.

Maybe if JT and Lui knew how to kick on the last, we wouldn't have been under the pump Saturday arvo from their uselessness.

Maybe if the whole team stood up to be counted during the whole f**king regular season and not just the last 6 games we wouldn't have been in a sudden death situation AND away from home.

Maybe if the f**khead coach selected Taumalolo on a deserved weekly basis we would have won more games.

Maybe if the f**khead coach brought Tariq on with a bit more than 25mins to go on Saturday,he may have made more of an impact.

Maybe if the coach selected Reithmuller over a broken down Dallas Johnson all season long we would have won more games.

Maybe if the coach gave more of the younger guys like Feldt and Ulugia a go earlier on over hacks like Ash Graham we would have won more games

I could go on and on but I am sick of the bullshit conspiracy excuses.

Play your f**king asses off ALL YEAR you prima donna, read your own hype, over paid pricks.

Stop blaming everyone else for the loss and I wish all the bandwagon 1 week supporters would shut the f**k up and get on someone elses bandwagon because you are making the sane NQ fans look like a bunch of raving looneys. Petitions and mid week games, what, because the result didn't go our way we are going to whinge like a bunch of f**king spoilt brats? The last 2 days the reaction of the team has been downright disappointing.

I wish the players would shut up, go to ground and use the hate and destroy every merkin next year when they run out to play instead of crying like an old mole on her rags.

:clap: Well said beave.

Why Taumalolo didn't play all year is beyond me...unreal.

i can't wait for this weekends 2 games to be over and done with so there's something f**king else to talk/whinge/gripe about.

This is all i am going to say on the matter as a diehard nq fan.

Maybe if jt and lui knew how to kick on the last, we wouldn't have been under the pump saturday arvo from their uselessness.

Maybe if the whole team stood up to be counted during the whole f**king regular season and not just the last 6 games we wouldn't have been in a sudden death situation and away from home.

Maybe if the f**khead coach selected taumalolo on a deserved weekly basis we would have won more games.

Maybe if the f**khead coach brought tariq on with a bit more than 25mins to go on saturday,he may have made more of an impact.

Maybe if the coach selected reithmuller over a broken down dallas johnson all season long we would have won more games.

Maybe if the coach gave more of the younger guys like feldt and ulugia a go earlier on over hacks like ash graham we would have won more games

i could go on and on but i am sick of the bullshit conspiracy excuses.

Play your f**king asses off all year you prima donna, read your own hype, over paid pricks.

Stop blaming everyone else for the loss and i wish all the bandwagon 1 week supporters would shut the f**k up and get on someone elses bandwagon because you are making the sane nq fans look like a bunch of raving looneys. Petitions and mid week games, what, because the result didn't go our way we are going to whinge like a bunch of f**king spoilt brats? The last 2 days the reaction of the team has been downright disappointing.

respect!