What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

Special K

Coach
Hey being a stand alone club from a little area of Sydney is tough in 2010 but you would know about that right?

4jt9nl.gif

juro

Bench
Again with the Sharks fans. 73,78,79,88,95,96,97,99,01,02,08.
If that is supposed to be the years the sharks have made the finals (and not won the grand prize) you've missed a few. They have made it 15 times. You missed 81, 89, 00, 05...

_Johnsy

Referee
Hey being a stand alone club from a little area of Sydney is tough in 2010 but you would know about that right?

You want a trophy for that sterling effort ?

Yeah sorry about that little oversight, I am a bit pre-occupied we have a GF qualifying final to play on Saturday night.

Last edited:

bazza

Immortal
Looks like most seats left are the CAT3 ones up high
Should be close to 70k by now unless there is another batch of tickets to be released

cleary89

Coach
Just checked to see if I could get 4 saints together. I could, in 117-2.

So still some available in the lower bowl.

Jason Maher

Immortal
If that is supposed to be the years the sharks have made the finals (and not won the grand prize) you've missed a few. They have made it 15 times. You missed 81, 89, 00, 05...

I only highlighted the years where it might be feasable to mount a case that they choked (i.e. they didn't just fall into 8th position and get punted by the MPs, or something similar). I would be worried if anyone tried to claim we choked in 01/02 (weher we finished 7th and rolled team 2 both years, before being bundled out the following week).

Of the years I named:

73,78,97 were Grand Final losses
99 was a preliminary final loss as minor premiers (to us, funnily enough)
88 was a backdoor exit as minor premiers
96,01,02,08 were preliminary final losses
79,05 were backdoor finals exits from a second chance position

Anyway, back to the regularly sheduled programming of anticipating a bumper crowd for Saturday night, before a dickheard gummies supporter decided to railroad the thread into yet another "Dragons are chokers" taunt session.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
Think we should smash last years attendance for the same game

Taking a friend its her first NRL game, it should blow her socks off

Latest posts