What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

70,000 screaming fans

_Johnsy

Referee
That's a bugga Johnsy. Your employers need to get their priorities right. lol

It's been a battle here too. I blew my annual footy budget weeks ago. But I've now got a one-way ticket, and a good seat at the ground... so I'll be there.

Return flights from Syd to GC on Sunday are pretty pricey so I still haven't worked out how to get back. But stuff that, it's all part of enjoying the ride.

Mate,

Unfortunately my employer dictates what is needed and what isn't, meh whatcha gonna do.

Have time off & tix to next week should we be fortunate enough to qualify. Then just the flights & accomm. Touch wood etc. Anyc hance you would go down next week if we manage to make it ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Worst case scenario the XPT service is about 140 one way from Central to Qld from memory when my grandmother made the trip earlier this year
Good info Gronk. But there's worse. Catching a bus. lol

I've actually had a kind offer from two fellow supporters who are driving back to Qld after the game. Apparently the price of travel is a pie at the first truck stop. lol.

Great offer, and it's a backup. But I've done that trip more times than I can count, and I wanted to stay in Syd that night. I still have two days to raise the return air fare. :D

Chook Norris

First Grade
from the NRL fb page

NRL - National Rugby League Just announced: 80 minutes of madness sale tomorrow from 1pm - get half price category 3 tickets to the Dragons v Wests Tigers game!

should see a spike in ticket sales imo

applesauce

Bench
Well done! the NRL have stepped up this year, with the early announcement of public transport and now this. Too bad Ticketek f**k it all up at their end...

STG-MACCA

Bench
Another gimmick that rewards those that haven't got off their arse yet!
I agree a big crowd is awesome and it's great marketing, but the poor buggers who have forked out for memberships this year, then lined up and forked out for finals tickets now get shafted for the blow in's who lets face it, won't make any commitments for memberships next year as they are always rewarded for not being members.

applesauce

Bench
Another gimmick that rewards those that haven't got off their arse yet!
I agree a big crowd is awesome and it's great marketing, but the poor buggers who have forked out for memberships this year, then lined up and forked out for finals tickets now get shafted for the blow in's who lets face it, won't make any commitments for memberships next year as they are always rewarded for not being members.

In response to that, what member wants Cat3 tickets?

Greenie

Juniors
FML I have a friends wedding on the same night . Far out of all the days in the year it had to be that night, I would've loved to go to the game . Last years game we had against the bulldogs was easily the best I've ever been to and I hope the atmosphere can be replicated this year for those that do go .
Note :to anyone planning weddings please avoid the months of September and October .

Same. Although if the raiders had made it through, there'd be an empty seat at the reception. I missed last years one as well - I'd booked tickets months in advance to see Cate Blanchett in Streetcar named desire ... there's always next year

Serc

First Grade
Extra buses will drag fans to footy
TRANSPORT Minister John Robertson has personally ordered an extra 40 buses to take stranded football fans direct from the Illawarra to Olympic Park for Saturday's blockbuster final between St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers.
CityRail will also put on four special "Tiger Trains" from Campbelltown to Olympic Park and 35 footy buses from Glebe Point to ANZ Stadium via Victoria Rd.
The "Dragons Direct" buses will go straight to ANZ Stadium from Wollongong, Dapto and Thirroul.
At stations further up the line, which have been closed for trackwork, another 60 "footy express" buses will go express to Central where fans can change to a train.
Mr Robertson rolled out the extra fleet to slash travel times for Dragons fans, who faced a chaotic three hour-plus journey because of the closure.
The services will be announced today following The Daily Telegraph's campaign to give NRL fans in the south an easier journey. Mr Robertson said he would do everything possible to get fans to the game.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ag-fans-to-footy/story-e6frexnr-1225928063906

PaulyTom

Juniors
Will there be track works on Grand Final day too? I thought the State Government were helping to promote and make it a big grand final week. If the Dragons make the final then why would u use public transport? Just another state government cockup.