What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A funny joke

yobbo84

First Grade
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=14789

PM’s XIII announced

Sharks utility Greg Bird has earned a headstart in the battle for the vacant Australian rugby league Test team five-eighth position with selection in the Prime Minister's XIII to play Papua New Guinea this month.

Bird has been picked to start at five-eighth ahead of Roosters pivot Braith Anasta, who has been named on the bench for the September 23 match to be played in Port Moresby.

Gold Coast halfback Scott Prince, also in the running the for the Test number six jersey with Darren Lockyer out injured, will partner BIRD in the halves at halfback while Dragons five-eighth Mark Gasnier has been named in the centres.

Roosters skipper Craig Fitzgibbon has been rewarded for leading his side's late-season charge with the captaincy for the match.

Prime Minister's XIII: Kurt Gidley (Knights), Steve Michaels (Broncos), Mark Gasnier (Dragons), Joel Monaghan (Roosters), Chris Lawrence (Tigers), Greg Bird (Sharks), Scott Prince (Titans), David Shillington (Roosters), Robbie Farah (Tigers), Luke Douglas (Sharks), Anthony Tupou (Roosters), Craig Fitzgibbon (c, Roosters), Paul Gallen (Sharks).

Interchange: Braith Anasta (Roosters), Nate Myles (Roosters), Steve Simpson (Knights), Sam Thaiday (Broncos).
--------------------------------------------

:crazy:That was good for a laugh. When does the real team get named?

Azkatro

First Grade
They always pick a blend of players out of the finals series and upcomers in the PM's XIII. I don't really see the problem with this squad.

yobbo84

First Grade
Azkatro said:
They always pick a blend of players out of the finals series and upcomers in the PM's XIII. I don't really see the problem with this squad.

So where are the Canberra, Souths and Penrith up-and-comers? Why are there 6 Roosters? Could it be the assistant coach is Brad Fittler?

If David "I got bashed by Shannon Hegarty and make 2m hitups" Shillington is better than Scott Logan or Peter Cusack I'll eat my own arse.

smeghead

Bench
PM's side is normally a blen of older players, those on cusp of rep selection and some kids who are earmarked as ones to watch to give them the experience and encouragement.

It is pretty much the way it alays has been

smeghead

Bench
yobbo84 said:
So where are the Canberra, Souths and Penrith up-and-comers? Why are there 6 Roosters? Could it be the assistant coach is Brad Fittler?

If David "I got bashed by Shannon Hegarty and make 2m hitups" Shillington is better than Scott Logan or Peter Cusack I'll eat my own arse.

The Yaks rep career is over it would seem.

Sad in some ways but good for the Bunnies one would imagine

Red Bear

Referee
Why complain about this side? Its mearly a promotional game, taking footy to PNG which, no matter what the players, is a good move

Surely

Post Whore
yobbo84 said:

Start eating.

Johns Magic

Referee
yobbo84 said:

Difference is, Cusack is oldddd, and so is Logan.

It's not about picking the best team available.

Mr Saab

Referee
Greg Bird @ 5/8 for Australia.
Up there with Mick Crocker playing 5/8 for Australia in the thirs test of 2003 Roo tour.

Azkatro

First Grade
yobbo84 said:

Both are over 30 and have one City/Country game between them. The players picked are experienced rep players and/or young upcomers in form and with the potential to be rep players in the future.

yobbo84

First Grade
Azkatro said:
Both are over 30 and have one City/Country game between them. The players picked are experienced rep players and/or young upcomers in form and with the potential to be rep players in the future.

OK. Then where is John Sutton? Michael Jennings? Todd Carney? Or are David Shillington and Steve Michaels "future rep stars". The team is a farce.

smeghead

Bench
The team seems to be selecte from teams that missed the 8 hence no Sutton.

Carney is like Laffranchi as in they are a bit to close to their incidents in time to give them the green and gold.

Jennings is puzzling though

Tom Ace

Bench
yobbo84 said:
OK. Then where is John Sutton? Michael Jennings? Todd Carney? Or are David Shillington and Steve Michaels "future rep stars". The team is a farce.

Whinge, whinge, bloody whinge.

I would've agreed with you 9 or so weeks ago about Shillington, but since Freddy took over he's played substantially better. Take your red and green glasses off.

Jennings deserves a spot though.

As for Sutton? He is absolutely terrible.

yobbo84

First Grade
Max Power said:
As for Sutton? He is absolutely terrible.

Any remaining credibility you might have potentially had has been lost with this ridiculous statement.