What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was gun who was bum???

Paullyboy

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
Two first grade MOM's in 6 first grade games. Also captain of the Jnr Kangaroos.

Enough said moron.

I just knew the second I read the first post in this thread it would be a matter of time untill someone kicked the bucket and threw a tantrum that a player from their club was mentioned.

haha, thanks for proving that true mate.

RABK

Referee
Paullyboy said:
I just knew the second I read the first post in this thread it would be a matter of time untill someone kicked the bucket and threw a tantrum that a player from their club was mentioned.

haha, thanks for proving that true mate.

I nominated a player from my own club.

The one who was mentioned from my club is just plain wrong though, he has shown he has got somehting.

skeepe

Immortal
I nominated a player from my own club.

The one who was mentioned from my club is just plain wrong though, he has shown he has got somehting.

Not consistently he hasn't. 2 MOM awards is all well and good, but in the other matches he went missing.

Kid

Juniors
simon says said:
Gee there were a few "next Sterlings".....I seem to recall a Jason something(with a bad mullet) that was supposed to be the new messiah but just didnt turn out.

There has been a hole at Parra for 20 years since Sterling left.Very hard to replace someone like that.....I wonder if the same will happen after Joey???
Jason Bell is your man. And he definately was the 1st "next Sterling". He played very well for Parra at the back end of his career, but apparently didn't get on with Brian Smith. Also, watched Martin Seal play a bit of metro cup, absolutely useless. All he did was stand and pass, never taking on the line.

thickos

First Grade
Matt Gafa did waste his career away last year. Thing is he is talented, after watching a LOT of PL in 2003 he was absolutely carving it. Fast as well, that was the biggest shock in his FG transition, he just looked so slow. I know the pace of the games are different but he looked like a slug in FG.

In 2004 he was quite good in firsts however (despite being slow)... played a couple of absolute rippers for us (Warriors @ bruce, Tigers @ bruce) in the 6 jersey as well. He's not too bad with the ball in hand. But IMO he got complacent and just isn't good enough as an NRL 3/4 anymore (I'm sure he'll shine in the ESL though).

RABK

Referee
skeepe said:
Not consistently he hasn't. 2 MOM awards is all well and good, but in the other matches he went missing.

No he didn't, there was just better players on the field. He performed extremely well in his 8 games, never letting us down once.

Mr Saab

Referee
Tap Twist Snap said:
Tasesa Lavea went from top looking rookie of the year to a nobody when moving to the Eagles. He could have been anything in League. Playing Union now for the Blues but he was a wasted talent that if a good coach had got their hands on him could have been a star.

playing union...and playing crap at it.
I have seen his 3 games this yr and he is a poor.

Kid

Juniors
skeepe said:
Your a bit harsh, he has only played 6 games.

skeepe

Immortal
No he didn't, there was just better players on the field. He performed extremely well in his 8 games, never letting us down once.

See, that is exactly the sort of thing I would say about, for example, a Todd Carney. I would say in fact that both performed at a similar level in first grade last year... both played well without excelling.

I know that Todd has the goods to make it eventually, and given time I'm sure he'll be a good player for us.

I was just saying that for the amount of hype you Knights fans, and you in particular, were spouting about Mullen, he should already be Fittler standard. I think supporters of all clubs are guilty of building up their youngsters too early, and this is just one example.

RABK

Referee
Owen Cragie - talent to burn...he really could have been something special.

His attitude makes Perry look like an Immortal.

Scott

Bench
Mr Saab said:
playing union...and playing crap at it.
I have seen his 3 games this yr and he is a poor.

He is playing worse than that!!!

Tasesa Lavea is a donkey.

thickos

First Grade
Where has Gafa gone now? What ESL club?

Harlequins (formerly London)... they refer to him as Mark Gafa in their news reports, maybe he's the talented one :lol:

RABK

Referee
skeepe said:
See, that is exactly the sort of thing I would say about, for example, a Todd Carney. I would say in fact that both performed at a similar level in first grade last year... both played well without excelling.

I know that Todd has the goods to make it eventually, and given time I'm sure he'll be a good player for us.

I was just saying that for the amount of hype you Knights fans, and you in particular, were spouting about Mullen, he should already be Fittler standard. I think supporters of all clubs are guilty of building up their youngsters too early, and this is just one example.

I rarely talk Mullen up, but when Carney is questioned you Canberra fans always bring him up. I don't think he'll be as good as fittler...but he will be good. Obviously a lot of people who make the decisons think so with Jarrod been the Jnr Kangaroos captain and all.

I never said he'll be playing Origin within a year or anything...but give him sometime and he may very well be.

I have never come out and said Todd Carney has nothing. But i believe that Jarrod has shown more in with his oppurtunities then Carney has. Jarrod is still only 18 too.

Mr Saab

Referee
Scott said:
He is playing worse than that!!!

Tasesa Lavea is a donkey.

and he has cost me $$$ on the 1st 2 games.
As long as he is there in the halves i am avoiding the Blues.
Rookie of the yr in 2000 with the Storm....done nothing since.
But i guess that was the curse of the rookie of the yr up until 2001

albi

Juniors
I'm a huge fan, but I'd have to say Mark Mclinden would be someone who never lived up to his potential.

Started with a flash, and was touted as the next big thing. His NRL career ended up being punctuated with shades of brilliance and vast periods of inconsistency. Ashame.

_goParra

Juniors
Witt brothers... killed it in PL..... nothing in First Grade.
Willie Tonga..... killed it in PL ...... still killing them in FG.

skeepe

Immortal
_goParra said:
Willie Tonga..... killed it in PL ...... still killing them in FG.

Not at Parra he didn't. Very disappointing for Para in FG i thought.

Latest posts