What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was gun who was bum???

Mr Saab

Referee
skeepe said:
Not at Parra he didn't. Very disappointing for Para in FG i thought.

he didnt get much of a chance at parra. Still very young. Cant expect all rookies to kill it in their 1st yr.
Tonga has blossomed into a very dangerous centre.

RABK

Referee
skeepe said:
Not at Parra he didn't. Very disappointing for Para in FG i thought.

I remember Tonga playing for Parra against i think Brisbane...he scored a couple or tries and looked very good.

Mogg was good for Parra too i thought, nothing since.

Collateral

Coach
Keiran Kerr
Damon Alley-Tovio
Great ability that have done nothing.

Steve Southern on the other hand came out of nowhere and is killing it.

Green Machine

First Grade
There was kid called Jamie Olejnik, who came into grade with Penrith. He had more natural ability than Brad Fittler. His football career was a waste

The Preacher

First Grade
Doug Lucas, (Newtown, Easts and Wests).
Could've been anything, just that nobody could work out WHAT he actually was. :shock:

Paullyboy

Coach
Olejinik was at Manly wasnt he? I remember he had MASSIVE wraps on him in about 98?

Id forgotten all about him till now.

skeepe

Immortal
Yep Manly... debuted around 1993 I think... went to the Western Reds in 1995... and came back to Manly after that.

The Colonel

Immortal
Craig Kimmorley - looked like being a better player than Brett at one stage.

David Baysarri, Will Robinson and Jason Martin....

FIREUPGAZ

Juniors
Ashton Simms, at one stage was considered for origin, when he first emerged, now he's struggling big time to keep his spot in the starting 17:?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Matty Gafa easily, so much potential
he was a deadset superstar in the making in 2003, had pace, footwork, strength, solid defence, and could kick it from the sidelines with his eyes closed and hoping on one leg. Scored about 350 points in PL 2003, a record from memory... was decentish in 2004 but never really made the step up to FG, i guess thats probably why he copped so much sh*t, had plenty to offer us but just never stepped up.

Skeepe pointed out Royston Lightning, another winger who had all the hallmarks of a great winger but wasted it away with Maccas...

Mark McLinden is another, i blame coaching for that debarcle, he too had the ingredients to be one of the best in the comp, but he got stuffed around here there and everywhere in team, was mr fix it and never was able to settle in the halves where he should have been playing... Should of IMO played for australia had he found consistant form

BTW i agree with simon, once our forwards give carney some room, he will show his abolities :)

RABK

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Matty Gafa easily, so much potential
he was a deadset superstar in the making in 2003, had pace, footwork, strength, solid defence, and could kick it from the sidelines with his eyes closed and hoping on one leg. Scored about 350 points in PL 2003, a record from memory... was decentish in 2004 but never really made the step up to FG, i guess thats probably why he copped so much sh*t, had plenty to offer us but just never stepped up.

Skeepe pointed out Royston Lightning, another winger who had all the hallmarks of a great winger but wasted it away with Maccas...

Mark McLinden is another, i blame coaching for that debarcle, he too had the ingredients to be one of the best in the comp, but he got stuffed around here there and everywhere in team, was mr fix it and never was able to settle in the halves where he should have been playing... Should of IMO played for australia had he found consistant form

BTW i agree with simon, once our forwards give carney some room, he will show his abolities :)

Ahead of Barrett, Fittler, Johns or Kimmorley?

One of your best.

Raider_69

Post Whore
did i say start? of course he wouldn't start ahead of them, but i think on potential he could of very well played an impact role similar to the role Matt Bowen has played for QLD and Australia. On his day there were few players that could match him for game breaking ability. Look at the success Benji Marshall, Matt Bowen and Preston Campbell have had, Mark McLinden was like the proto type of these players, he could of been anything. But never found consistant form. One game he would look like a superstar, the next 3 he'd go MIA

but then again you arn't too bright so i doubt you'd have the brain capacity to entertain any original thought

Mr Saab

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Mark McLinden . Should of IMO played for australia had he found consistant form

are you on drugs?????????????????????????????????????????
Even if he was consistent there is no way on gods green earth that he should have played for australia.
He was waaaaaaaay behind every other 5/8 or half in the comp.

RABK

Referee
Mr Saab said:
are you on drugs?????????????????????????????????????????
Even if he was consistent there is no way on gods green earth that he should have played for australia.
He was waaaaaaaay behind every other 5/8 or half in the comp.

:LOL:

So...please Raider...talk about Brain capacity again?

Raider_69

Post Whore
i couldnt care less what anyone else thinks, i stand by my call. He had the abilities and skill to represent his country.

Latest posts