What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A player you thought was gun who was bum???

otag

Juniors
Bring Back the Spliff said:
He did indeed!..It crossed my mind when I heard that: "Gee, he must be pretty old (for a footballer) by now!"
i saw him play for malta against greece and he goes alright, he ad to be the oldest player on the field by far but still has the ticker. awesome game, malta won on the bell!

The Preacher said:
"From now on I want you all to call me Loretta, I want to have babies, It's my right as a man if I want to have babies" :lol:

hahaha!...That sounds AWFULLY familiar - but I just can't put my finger on it! Is it......Monty Python??

Anyway - just 2 clarify - I only said that, as a bird won our office comp (And the coveted Steve Mavin Cup!) in 2003! :p

anjado

Juniors
KeepingTheFaith said:
Andy Platt. Rated in Britain as one of the best forwards in the world, he then signs with the Warriors for their inaugral season. Because the seasons weren't alligned back then the English players weren't due to arrive until midseason so the Warriors did a deal which including letting go of a talented youngster named Henry Paul so they could bring two of their imports over early.

Whilst Andy Platt wasnt great for the warriors
he was past his best when he played for them
he was 31 when he joined
it was bad management by the warriors
but Andy Platt certainly wasnt a dud
he was Great Britain's best forward in the 92 series against Australia

Collateral

Coach
The Preacher said:
"From now on I want you all to call me Loretta, I want to have babies, It's my right as a man if I want to have babies" :lol:

:lol: The best part of that was that they called him Loretta for the rest of the movie!

parra pete

Referee
snoopster77 said:
Manly got really excited when we bought him but he only a played a few games (injuries) I think and from memory he had some off field troubles. Did he go to the Western Reds?

Yes.

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Brandon Pearson/Costin.

Wests-Canberra- England??- LaLa Land-USA

never have i seen a man kick the ball out on the full as much as he did
worst kicker from hooker EVER!

Front-Rower

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
never have i seen a man kick the ball out on the full as much as he did
worst kicker from hooker EVER!
Thats cause he was a centre by trade.......rated him in the centres at wests, he had a lethal combination with Kenny McGuiness.

top_gum

Juniors
stacey jones

showed a decade or so of promise but in the last 2 years really bummed out and didnt reach the heights of greatness he promised.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
top_gum said:
stacey jones

showed a decade or so of promise but in the last 2 years really bummed out and didnt reach the heights of greatness he promised.

You're either kidding or off your nut. Jones was consistently the Warriors best in the early years and still managed to create things even behind a misfiring pack. He was then given a decent pack and some consistent form which culminated in him winning ther golden boot in 2002. He had a disappointing 2004 like the entire Warriors team, but 2005 was probably his best year since 2002 and he capped the year off by playing a big role in NZ's tri-nations win. I'd hardly put him in the bum category.