What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tough night but we'll be back!

Micistm

Bench
:shock:What can you say? I'm sure we're all depressed as with both our Warriors teams out tonight...but that's sport. I'm stoked the team took it as far as they did against all the odds, proved a few critics wrong, and gave me a couple of nice wins!:lol:
Couldn't believe the game tonight, I felt gutted for Wiki in his last game, but Manly were just way too good. Don't think the Warriors played that bad, just completely outplayed by a side that by all indications tonight are set to reverse what happened to them last year.

Yeah, I'm still gutted, typing this out is a bit of therapy for me...but still proud of them. We got a good team here that is going to get better:)

Stained_Class

Juniors
Looking forward to seeing the Warriors make the finals next year. Good season guys. Well done in defeating the minor premiers and 4th placed teams. There's a premiership around the corner for the Kiwis. Now that would be much better for the game than a bunch of wrestlers from Mexico winning it.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Pretty gutted they way they finished the season...but what a good season.

Yet again our halves when MIA in the biggest match of the season for the second year running. Was Whitt pulled from the field in the last 15 mins? Think that has put a nail in his coffin.

AliN

Live Update Team
Totally agree.

Not too upset about the First Grade side, simply outclassed.
But to lose the Juniors right at the death was gut wrenching for anyone concerned I'm sure.

Well done to our boys. We performed better than most expected and gave us hours of entertainment and pride.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I've been happy with our season ever since we made the 8 to honest.

Same.

While getting smoked wasn't the best way to finish, we were one of the last four teams left standing, can't complain about that.

Scorpio30

Bench
Well we won 3 sudden death games in a row....and did finish 8th in regular season. So cant really have any complaints.

Micistm

Bench
For sure, the way the guys kept at it this year makes me a proud supporter...the only thing that would have put a dampener would be a hiding in the last game...and unfortunately, that's what happened.It'll hurt for a while, but gotta take the lows with the highs, that's sport.
We'll be back next year! In the meantime, go the Bulls today, and go the Kiwis! ;-)

boldy

Juniors
yep just happy to have made the 8, the last 3 games were bonuses. Hey we beat Melbourne and made a little bit of history. Gotta be happy bout that.

Blaze

Juniors
Manly were just so good last night. It is their Premiership to lose imo. They were obviously a lot fresher than us and just completely controlled the game. It looked like we were a little fatigued from the 4 weeks in a row of sudden death footy we had forced ourselves into.

I was at peace with the result tbh. Sure, it sucks seeing us get pumped like that, but Manly were just on a different level to us. I will be supporting them next week, because they have been the best team all year imo.

As for the U20's... ouch, that hurt. Brisbane scored some flukey tries, and we were definitely the better team imo.

Rovelli

Bench
We finished 8th in the regular season, but (unofficially) we were 3rd in the playoffs. Also, there was not much we could do last night - Manly were on fire and would've beaten anyone.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I must admit I'm feeling quite flat today. Not so much because of the loss, I just hate the idea of having to wait 4-5 months before the boys play again.

Thankfully the WC will provide some entertainment to shorten the off season and hopefully it won't interrupt our preperations for 2009 to much.

Scottey

Juniors
Yeah I'm not too deflated. We did well to get to the final four, so as you guys say, the wins over Melbourne and the Roosters were a bonus. In all honesty, Manly and the Storm have been the best teams this year and ultimately deserve to be in the final again. We didn't do too much wrong in the Manly game, we were pretty much just outclassed.

But the U20s... that's really harsh on them. They deserved to win that.

Skram

Juniors
I think it was an M Night Shyamalanlanlanla season, started off pretty poorly, showed flashes of good things, and the making the 8 and beating of the Storm was the twist at the end that made up for all the crap at the beginning. I still thinks Ruben Wiki, while gutted, will look back at the Roosters game fondly as his last in NZ for the Warriors.

AuckMel

Bench
Great atmosphere at the ground prior to the game thanks to some huge support for the Warriors in both games.

Manly were just too good and I said to my mate that I was worried after the first 20.

The kicking game was crap and I thought Witt was looking for a contract back at Manly.

Only Tate and Henderson played with much fire and in the end it was a disappointing end to what has been a tremendous last 3 months for the Warriors.

Micistm

Bench
Lol, seeing Canty get a hiding in the local rep final just capped off the weekend for me. Don't see why I should be depressed myself, and seeing his team done it, text Beavers Headgear before and told him what happened to Canterbury! ;-)
Actually, ol BH was pretty sympathetic to us and the team...it's the storm he can't stand

Rich102

Staff member
Witt for the Vulcans.
Hohaia for PM.

A real funny season. Great they went so far but sad the way they ended.

I am still in two minds about Cleary. He just couldn't see that Rovelli was a problem. How can you trust his calls?

The kicking game, which had been so good the previous four weeks, was terrible.

Roll on '09.