What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Heremia

He was dropped before.

To you Aaron critics...it's his first game in the top side. Give him a freakin chance. What the f**k do you expect in his first gig....Joey Johns ?????

"Hendo back next week thanks"..........thats wank mate

Not wank. Service from Dummy half was poor. To slow, Hendo is better. With a win under our belts and the Sharks up next its time to get some momentum and Hendo in the team willl help that

what a loser R'N'S?

He makes his debut in a game where the warriors havent won in a recent memory - a very tight game played in horrible conditions.

What did you expect him to do? come out of hooker a la fien and do somethimg stupid?
It was the first 20 mins of a tight game is all he got.

If this was in the dry - we would have in very least some steps and more kicking etc.

your a mong for dissing after 23 mins of play. honestly especially opening 20 mins

Add to the fact he is an out-and-out half - I suggest they are blooding him at hooker.

Ive seen him play at various levels - I think he will be the Warriors halfback probably this year.

For a half he can tackle and kick - but also a bit more flair and toughness than jones.

Get f**ked merkinface. His service was slow, i like the fact that he debuted but he seemed to nervous and made no impact. Playing 17 odd minutes says it all really. Not up to 1st grade yet

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Get f**ked merkinface. His service was slow, i like the fact that he debuted but he seemed to nervous and made no impact. Playing 17 odd minutes says it all really. Not up to 1st grade yet

did you not read what anybody has said? you lost person.

you obviously didnt.

it was wet n windy and a tight game.
Heremaia although a genuine halfback could on a dry track provide another attacking option at hooker.

He is also a bit of a tough little halfback a la friend, and hohaia

He doesnt need more time in reserves he definately needs more time in first-grade. Hooker is a start but atm he is the best option for halfback going into next year.

He has played plenty of premier league in both Oz & UK and excelled.

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah. I see depth at half being a much bigger problem than hooker.
I would like to see Heremaia given a run at half - even for 10 minutes.

Skinner

Coach
Not wank. Service from Dummy half was poor. To slow, Hendo is better. With a win under our belts and the Sharks up next its time to get some momentum and Hendo in the team willl help that

Probably because he's not a hooker......he's a freakin half-back FMD

did you not read what anybody has said? you lost person.

you obviously didnt.

it was wet n windy and a tight game.
Heremaia although a genuine halfback could on a dry track provide another attacking option at hooker.

He is also a bit of a tough little halfback a la friend, and hohaia

He doesnt need more time in reserves he definately needs more time in first-grade. Hooker is a start but atm he is the best option for halfback going into next year.

He has played plenty of premier league in both Oz & UK and excelled.

Fire up at Cleary then not me, ive seen him play hooker not halfback and ive seen him play in the rain not the sun so my judgment on him is based on that. If his passing game at halfback is the same as when he was at hooker then i wont be impressed

I was lucky enough to catch a live stream of this in Europe.

Got to disagree about Heremias service from dummy half. He absolutely reminded me of Burderus and Cameron smith in his passing on the line. While he was on for that first 20mins he had the forwards running onto the ball not into it. Set the platform forward.

Its a little thing but it makes a huge difference in a team moving upfield.

Bay Vikings

Juniors
Fire up at Cleary then not me, ive seen him play hooker not halfback and ive seen him play in the rain not the sun so my judgment on him is based on that. If his passing game at halfback is the same as when he was at hooker then i wont be impressed

So you're basing your opinion on 20 mins of football in the worst weather they've played in this year? I've got no problem with Henderson (or Brown) starting this week if the game plan requires more dummy half running instead of an extra playmaking option but it's a premature to consign Heremaia to the scrap heap based on 20 starting minutes in driving rain. Heremaia's there for utility value, Jones gets a game ending injury and Aaron slots right in, it's why he was 18th man when Jones first took the starting halfback spot.

If Ivan played Locke at fullback and he got torn apart by Benji which would've happened no doubt, you'd write him off forever yeah?

Rich102

Staff member
I was lucky enough to catch a live stream of this in Europe.

Got to disagree about Heremias service from dummy half. He absolutely reminded me of Burderus and Cameron smith in his passing on the line. While he was on for that first 20mins he had the forwards running onto the ball not into it. Set the platform forward.

Its a little thing but it makes a huge difference in a team moving upfield.

I have to agree!

So you're basing your opinion on 20 mins of football in the worst weather they've played in this year? I've got no problem with Henderson (or Brown) starting this week if the game plan requires more dummy half running instead of an extra playmaking option but it's a premature to consign Heremaia to the scrap heap based on 20 starting minutes in driving rain. Heremaia's there for utility value, Jones gets a game ending injury and Aaron slots right in, it's why he was 18th man when Jones first took the starting halfback spot.

If Ivan played Locke at fullback and he got torn apart by Benji which would've happened no doubt, you'd write him off forever yeah?

No i wouldnt right off Locke.

He is a Kiwi version of Matt Bown and whilst im a bit confused why he is playing on the wing i can only think its to get him used to 1st grade pace, skills etc. I fully expect Locke to be dropped back to 20s soon but may come back into the team later in the year. The way Cleary handled Sonny when he made 1st grade.

Yes
I am basing my judgment on 20 minutes of football, wasnt impressed

Bay Vikings

Juniors
No i wouldnt right off Locke.

He is a Kiwi version of Matt Bown and whilst im a bit confused why he is playing on the wing i can only think its to get him used to 1st grade pace, skills etc. I fully expect Locke to be dropped back to 20s soon but may come back into the team later in the year. The way Cleary handled Sonny when he made 1st grade.

Yes
I am basing my judgment on 20 minutes of football, wasnt impressed

Ivan's picked him again this week, lets hope he gets a dry track and you'll either be proven right or wrong. If he stinks up the place, at least he'll have had a proper crack at it. Just don't expect razzle dazzle mate, that's Lockes job.

Why are you confused that Locke wasn't at fullback on his debut? Benji would've crucified him, Wade was under the most pressure he's been under all year. Wing was the only position they could blood Locke and it worked nicely.

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
Wing was the only position they could blood Locke and it worked nicely.

First time in a couple of seasons watching Locke that Ive seen him play on the wing, outstanding.

be interesting to see which side he's actually on v Sharks.

Back to the heremaia debate

I went to Shark Park last sunday and i have just finished watching the replay now of the game and that was 1 of the worst 1st half performances of all time. It was sh*t. Couldnt believe what i was watching. I was paying close attention to Heremaia after his debut last week and again he did nothing. Still not good enough service from dummy half, decent defender but still not impressed. But then again his 16 team mates were poos as well.

But in the second half when he was switched to standoff i nearly dropped my Carlton Draught. I saw some direction in his play. I saw assertivness in his play. i saw him barking at the forwards and even barking at Jonesin some plays. It was like he has been in the team for a few years.

So the question to Cleary is WHY THE f**k IS HE PLAYING HOOKER

We have 2 internationals in the squad that can play hooker but he puts Heremaia in there who made a difference when playing in the backs but cleary keeps putting players there who are out of form.

Heremaia at hooker is poos
Heremaia in the halves i want to see more