What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Heremia

Bay Vikings

Juniors
Back to the heremaia debate

I went to Shark Park last sunday and i have just finished watching the replay now of the game and that was 1 of the worst 1st half performances of all time. It was sh*t. Couldnt believe what i was watching. I was paying close attention to Heremaia after his debut last week and again he did nothing. Still not good enough service from dummy half, decent defender but still not impressed. But then again his 16 team mates were poos as well.

But in the second half when he was switched to standoff i nearly dropped my Carlton Draught. I saw some direction in his play. I saw assertivness in his play. i saw him barking at the forwards and even barking at Jonesin some plays. It was like he has been in the team for a few years.

So the question to Cleary is WHY THE f**k IS HE PLAYING HOOKER

We have 2 internationals in the squad that can play hooker but he puts Heremaia in there who made a difference when playing in the backs but cleary keeps putting players there who are out of form.

Heremaia at hooker is poos
Heremaia in the halves i want to see more

Bro, we were trying to tell you!

I kind of suspect that halves playing as hookers tend to be slower because they're looking at more than one option when they get the ball whereas a natural hooker will probably have one option in mind well before the ball gets to him and generally plays more instinctively.

Heremaia was back at hooker tonight and in shocking weather as well, you wouldn't have been impressed. He certainly doesn't have Hendo's wheels out of dummy half but put a couple of nice kicks in.

Agree with the last bit. Wasnt impressed with him at hooker. I thought that when Henderson went off that Lance would go to dummy half but didnt happen. Hendo was good but how he got Channel 9 MOM ill never know

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Agree with the last bit. Wasnt impressed with him at hooker. I thought that when Henderson went off that Lance would go to dummy half but didnt happen. Hendo was good but how he got Channel 9 MOM ill never know

Did he really.

I would consider dropping him after that perfromance. I like heaps about hendo games - most notablly strength and aggression in the tackle.

However - some of the stupid sh*t he does is so hard to watch and was why he was dropped in the first place.

Ive seen lewis brown play hooker before - and he has similar features to hendo - old school hooker. killer d and power.

Please cleary can you coach the stupid stuff our of hendo game

I would still have Heremaia to 6 and lance to centre/bench hooker.

however good to see lance get more game time.

Rich102

Staff member
Did he really.

I would consider dropping him after that perfromance. I like heaps about hendo games - most notablly strength and aggression in the tackle.

However - some of the stupid sh*t he does is so hard to watch and was why he was dropped in the first place.

Ive seen lewis brown play hooker before - and he has similar features to hendo - old school hooker. killer d and power.

Please cleary can you coach the stupid stuff our of hendo game

I would still have Heremaia to 6 and lance to centre/bench hooker.

however good to see lance get more game time.

Yeah, agree.
We seem to play people at hooker when we don't want to play them in their real positions. Brown is a strong player and would go well at hooker. If you coached the mistakes out of Hendersons game there wouldn't be too much left.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Henderson should have been hooked for taking that tap !!!

Up there with the dumbest plays I have ever seen on a footy field, 8-0 was game over, 6-0 still gave them a sniff. The stupidity of the decision was taking the 1 to go to 7-0 a few mins later

Bay Vikings

Juniors
Not a hooker or a 5/8 or a first grader

Who would you replace him with from the current roster? And you're saying he was worse than Jones right?

Heremaia aint the problem, he ran 56m behind a dominated forward pack. Jones ran 6m. At looks as though Jones is still calling and running all the plays still.

agreed Jones was worse. I counted 3 missed tackles by him in the 1st 3 minutes. They both suck but Jones does have vision although he showed f**k all Heremaia doesnt.

I would go with

6 Lance
7 Johnson

Dont care if they lose cos they got nothing to lose

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Heremia has proved why it has taken him so long to make his first grade debut, at 26 he simply is not good enough and possibly needs to be cut loose to free up cash wasted on him.

Bay Vikings

Juniors
agreed Jones was worse. I counted 3 missed tackles by him in the 1st 3 minutes. They both suck but Jones does have vision although he showed f**k all Heremaia doesnt.

I would go with

6 Lance
7 Johnson

Don't know if bombing to Manu can be called 'vision'. He's calling the shots, Heremaia's doing as he's told. Threatened the line and broke it once. Cleary probably told him to stop it and concentrate on giving the ball to Jones.

Lance has been tried over and over without success, he doesn't offer any more than Hereamaia and was ineffective last night. Johnson can't save this team but it can break him.

Face it, Parra were the better team and Hayne is the best player in rugby league. Stop looking for scapegoats.

blain

Juniors
get rid of jones now before heremaia.

jones= bomb to manu + rap around. thats all hes got, his long kicking is dreadful and on defense hes always being targeted and getting smoked.

Scorpio30

Bench

I would go with

6 Lance
7 Johnson

Yep it was then I knew we were f**ked for sure...I think two of those were Eric Grothe.

Scorpio30

Bench
get rid of jones now before heremaia.

jones= bomb to manu + rap around. thats all hes got, his long kicking is dreadful and on defense hes always being targeted and getting smoked.

I was sitting there shaking my head. Surely they are taking the piss now. At times there was plenty of room around the in goal area for grubber kicks on the last but they actually go out of their way to hoist a kick up for Manu...They could mix it up and go to Locke, he can jump alright.
The commentators made a good point....The opposition should just stack 3 or 4 players there and give away a penalty of some sort.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
that tactic (bomb to Manu)is piss poor there is no vision in this team, no such thing as forcing a repeat set unless against us. No wonder we have worst attack

Micistm

Bench
Don't know if bombing to Manu can be called 'vision'. He's calling the shots, Heremaia's doing as he's told. Threatened the line and broke it once. Cleary probably told him to stop it and concentrate on giving the ball to Jones.

Lance has been tried over and over without success, he doesn't offer any more than Hereamaia and was ineffective last night. Johnson can't save this team but it can break him.

Face it, Parra were the better team and Hayne is the best player in rugby league. Stop looking for scapegoats.

Can't argue-Eels are looking sharp and full credit to them. But as for scapegoats, we have tons of them-95% of the team, coaching and management.! Months of the same appalling sh*t with no signs of improvement anywhere-well if anything it looks worse as other teams step up for the finals run-Is very hard to take.
On the other hand, Eels have definately shown they are a team to watch. They were just about toying with us:?