What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accusations fly after NZ upset

Yes leave the wrestling to the professionals such as hacksaw jim duggan and his 4 x 2/ jake the snake roberts and damien/ honkey tonk man and the colonel/british bulldogs/ ricky steamboat etc.

BWNB

First Grade
I thought Robinson had a pretty good game?

Made some stuff ups,
1 when Geyer came over and caused trouble he gave the penalty to Melbourne
and when Kirk was penalised which could have cost the Warriors the game.

BN420

Juniors
It would be good if Melbourne lose to Brisbane just to watch Cryan Hoffman sobbing like a woman again.

Yeah that was one of the best things I've ever seen in footy.

Hoffman and some of the other storm having a big old cry after getting owned.

Hope we knock em out this week!

8Ball

First Grade
I thought Robinson had a pretty good game?

I thought he was good too. Gave away a lot of penalties, but pretty much all of them were deserving. All the refs have actually performed reasonably in the finals series. :shock:

JB

Juniors
It wont change until they start sending repeat offenders off or to the bin.

How long can you go on giving penalties for the same offence. Surely after the 3rd or 4th grapple penalty the ref should realize they aren't going to change tactic's, grow some balls, and start sending the pricks.

Noa

First Grade
Yeah that was one of the best things I've ever seen in footy.

Hoffman and some of the other storm having a big old cry after getting owned.

Hope we knock em out this week!

100 years of Rugby League and thats one of the best things you've seen :crazy:.

Pigskin

Juniors
David Stagg copped a classic "chicken wing" from a Rooster the other night ... was 2nd half ... not sure of the player but Stagg was slow to his feet

i noticed it ... any ideas who or when ? possible charge ?

Oink !

Apey

Staff member
FMD there's some pathetic whiners on here. It really does scream of jealousy of success.

Yeah, it's an issue, I agree with that. But wow, have any of you actually re-read some of the sh*t posted in the Game Day Spoilers topic? Talking about watching the game with an open-mind :sarcasm: It's akin to a bunch of f**king children crying and chucking tantrums. I love it when the people who clearly have an agenda against the Storm start claiming 'its bad for our game'. You're damn right it's bad for our game, but try and be a little more convincing next time.

I'm not a huge fan of the storm either, in fact, they are one of my least favourite - but I hope they win next week just so I can watch another great display :lol:

Last edited:

Joe Davola

Juniors
David Stagg copped a classic "chicken wing" from a Rooster the other night ... was 2nd half ... not sure of the player but Stagg was slow to his feet

i noticed it ... any ideas who or when ? possible charge ?

Oink !

Surprise, surprise, I think it was ex-Storm player, James Aubusson that was the culprit in the tackle you are talking about.

Shorty

Staff member
Must admit the Warriors were just as rough - In which they won the game because of.
If you notice the teams that have beaten Melbourne recently like Newcastle for example,the defence is up in your face and just as intense.

The different is however,the tackles do not cross the line.
There was a Steve Price tackle yesterday that specifically made me feel ill and you all would have seen it - His legs were being pulled one way and his torso pushed down in the opposite direction.

That is out of line and if that continues to happen and a player struggles too much someone will end up with a stuffed spine.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Warriors were definitely slow to get off the player yesterday but that was simply smart play- they saw how far the Storm were pushing the ref and returned the favour. However they weren't using the same techniques to do it, there'sa big difference between laying on a player for a bit longer and twisting his head off.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Can i ask why is it when Melbourne lose a match everyone in the melbourne camp feel obliged to have a whinge about the other team.

Its funnier that Cam smith calls price a whinger but every time the storm lose him and Bellamy are the first to jump up and down. :roll:

drake

First Grade
FMD there's some pathetic whiners on here. It really does scream of jealousy of success.

Yeah, it's an issue, I agree with that. But wow, have any of you actually re-read some of the sh*t posted in the Game Day Spoilers topic? Talking about watching the game with an open-mind :sarcasm: It's akin to a bunch of f**king children crying and chucking tantrums. I love it when the people who clearly have an agenda against the Storm start claiming 'its bad for our game'. You're damn right it's bad for our game, but try and be a little more convincing next time.

I'm not a huge fan of the storm either, in fact, they are one of my least favourite - but I hope they win next week just so I can watch another great display :lol:
You don't have to wait for another great Melbourne display; WWE have plenty of DVDs on sale

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
This is what bugs me the most. Melbourne claim and come across as innocent, but their history in the game tells alot about them already. I wouldn't call them significantly cheaters but they've been taught a certain way and are playing to that. The players are going by what they are told. So however that brains trust is needs a boot out the door.

A champion team is one that plays fair and excepts when you commit a wrong it's wrong.

For those who think and fel the Warriors did the same thing to Melbourne, well why not? Melbourne don't get penalised often enough for their plays, and it's not because people are bias or jealous but simply because it's there for everyone to see.

Just because every other NRL team is too scacred to take it to the Storm, they feel innocent, where as when there is a team that can take it to the Storm, like the Warriors, the club and fans fell the need to label them 'whingers'. Look if Melbourne are going to use their tricks in the NRL that's fine, but it is just as fair for the opposition to do the exact same so everyone gets a fair go.

Yes the Storm aren't the only teams this year to be caught with grapplers and chicken wings...etc but they are still the worst offenders in the compeition.

Warriors did what they had to do to get on top of Melbourne, and Melbourne had no answer. Why can't people just except that?

Some Storm fans I ran into after the game were very accepting and very gracious and I congratulate those fans for their respect, the rest...need to grow a pair of eyes, ears and brain to fully understand what rugby league is.

super_coach

First Grade
The grapple will kill the game,the storm invented it the sharks perfected it. Gallop wants to pull his head in and see how the game was played a few years ago when their was speed and skill at the play the ball rather than the crap we are forced to see now

Latest posts