What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Action must be taken to stop the AFL killing league

RL1908

Bench
Melbourne are avg their third highest crowds ever so not sure the Rebels have made any difference.

I believe the Melbourne RL fanbase is similiar to perth's and dominated by Kiwis. Majority of them I have found to enjoy Union and League equally.

We hear that a lot (that majority of Storm fans are also RU fans), but what was interesting was that over 12K were at Storm home game v Penrith at same time Bledisloe was on in NZ.

We hear that a lot (that majority of Storm fans are also RU fans), but what was interesting was that over 12K were at Storm home game v Penrith at same time Bledisloe was on in NZ.

I was one. Would of been better if Penrith turned up as well.

Never watched a Bledislaw from start to finish in my life.

I would rather be intimate with Judith Lucy.

IllawarraGiant

Juniors
It pretty much can't/won't happen for that reason.

And if he meant that the NRL/Storm deliberately put their home/aways games up against Rebels away/home games he's sadly mistaken, as the list I posted shows.

E-L-A... dont those dates show that all the home games were within 3 days of each other?.. meaning they werent played on alternate weekends or anything... meaning they WERE going more or less head to head on the weekends they played home games?

It seems bizzare that not even once there was only 1 of Rebels or Storm playing on a given weekend. it looks like there was either both or none!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
E-L-A... dont those dates show that all the home games were within 3 days of each other?.. meaning they werent played on alternate weekends or anything... meaning they WERE going more or less head to head on the weekends they played home games?

It seems bizzare that not even once there was only 1 of Rebels or Storm playing on a given weekend. it looks like there was either both or none!

And if you knew anything about RL, you'd know the NRL draw came out around October last year.

The ARU could've had a look at it and worked around the Storm.

Why is it you dickheads always expect RL to move for other sports?

f**k Union and f**k AFL.

The first one on the list is the only home game for both on the same weekend. Both games had decent crowds in relation to their respective attendance average.

I think both codes would have been more likely to try to avoid a direct clash with AFL than a clash with each other on the same weekend.

My point was that suggesting the Storm should avoid playing home games on the same weekend as the Rebels is nonsense.

BuffaloRules

Coach
For whatever reason, the Storm's draw this year has been farked up...

They only play something like three of their last 11 games at home...

juro

Bench
And if you knew anything about RL, you'd know the NRL draw came out around October last year.

The ARU could've had a look at it and worked around the Storm.

Why is it you dickheads always expect RL to move for other sports?

f**k Union and f**k AFL.
Was there any reason given for Melbourne playing most of their home games early in the season? I've seen it done in the past where clubs have issues with availability of their stadiums, but I don't think that was an issue for the Storm this year...

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Anyway, back n topic.
I'm certain that the greatest game of all has nothing to worry about.
The TV deal should smash AFLs without question.
Players can then be paid better and the competition will stay strong.
Look at the AFL product, once you've finished laughing have a look at how level their comp is, once you've finished laughing, relax and enjoy the NRL.

Loudstrat

Coach
I'm not hearing anyone whinging about the AFL's take over of the Western Corridor?
I dont hear anyone whinging about the Tibetan Army sacking Beijing on the weekend either, because it also didnt happen.

What is the Western "corridor" anyway?

Is the CRL responsible for Western Sydney? Again its not really the NRL clubs responsibilities directly though you would hope their engagement in their own area was strong. It should be the stewardship of the ARL who have the strategy plan for development of the area and the clubs are helping in that with their presence at schools etc.
Sitting over there is isolated old Perth, telling everyone what "should" happen. What DOES happen is that the 5 clubs (remembering Wests and Balmain were seperate) were all high profile in their junior leagues, and did all the hard yards to propagate and support the growth of the code over many decades.

Thanks to the SL war that Perth helped happen, the NSWRL/ARL lost all their cash assets. Thank God for the clubs, eh?

Why is Gould blaming the NRL when it is not their job to sort out A) social problems of Western Sydney or B) grass roots involvement?
Why hae the social problems of Western Sydney have anything to do with this discussion anyway?

Melbourne are avg their third highest crowds ever so not sure the Rebels have made any difference.
Brand new stadium that was going to dwarf Sydney crowds - in a minor premiership year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I dont hear anyone whinging about the Tibetan Army sacking Beijing on the weekend either, because it also didnt happen.

What is the Western "corridor" anyway?

Sitting over there is isolated old Perth, telling everyone what "should" happen. What DOES happen is that the 5 clubs (remembering Wests and Balmain were seperate) were all high profile in their junior leagues, and did all the hard yards to propagate and support the growth of the code over many decades.

Thanks to the SL war that Perth helped happen, the NSWRL/ARL lost all their cash assets. Thank God for the clubs, eh?

Why hae the social problems of Western Sydney have anything to do with this discussion anyway?

Brand new stadium that was going to dwarf Sydney crowds - in a minor premiership year.

:crazy:

IllawarraGiant

Juniors
The first one on the list is the only home game for both on the same weekend. Both games had decent crowds in relation to their respective attendance average.

I think both codes would have been more likely to try to avoid a direct clash with AFL than a clash with each other on the same weekend.

My point was that suggesting the Storm should avoid playing home games on the same weekend as the Rebels is nonsense.

fair enough, i dont follow rugby so i have no idea of when their draw came out or what support they got. how did they fare vs Storm?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rebels reckon they avg'd 17,500 but if those are accurate or RU world cup style figures I am not sure?

Latest posts