What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Mogg just moved in next door

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

Coach
You still don't get it 2004, I wasn't the one who publicly stated on the forums I wanted to take a self imposed hiatus because of criticism I could not tolerate. You did that remember???

Being a Raiders fan, I can pretty much say whatever I want in here (within reason) like any other Raiders fan. Just because I own the site doesn't mean I can't have an opinion like everyone else. You seem to think I can only come in here and play by your rules and be all cheery and happy. ROTFLMAO.

Mate, you seriously need help.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Raiders2004, it was your responsibility as a mod of this forum to inform admin of your desire to take a break and because you took it upon yourself not to do that, we were left with no alternative.

I can't see what we have done wrong here.

Self-imposed ban from posting. Not a self-imposed ban from moderating.
The thing you (admin) did wrong, is by not asking me which i was doing.

I guess like you are saying, if im really busy for one whole week, as things just came up out of the blue, and i'm unable to get on my comp to post or to inform admin that I couldn't check the forums, I would have lost my mod status. Is this correct?

legend

Coach
xwizit, you seem to be suffering the same delusions of granduer as 2004. Where have I insulted you in this thread?

Must be a full moon...

Bay56

First Grade
Seems as though that bridge is well and truly burning ... you'll need the NY city fireys to get you out of this one R04 :) :lol: :)

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Mate, you seriously need help.

Why? I deserve a proper explanation. It seems to me, that my opinion on Elliott has alot to do with me not being a mod now.

So where do i need help? Maybe you need help in me writing the explanation for you to give to me, cause im still waiting....

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Being a Raiders fan, I can pretty much say whatever I want in here (within reason) like any other Raiders fan. Just because I own the site doesn't mean I can't have an opinion like everyone else. You seem to think I can only come in here and play by your rules and be all cheery and happy.

If you were playing by my rules, I would have deleted your thread. But I didn't. I discussed it. Then i decided I had enough of it, and wanted to go away for a bit. Nothing wrong with that. Now apparently it's a big deal, like the world is going to end.

legend

Coach
You never specified which self imposed ban you were taking and you seem to think we (admin) are under an obligation to chase you around and find out what you want to do. Definitely not so. It was your obligation to inform admin of what you were planning to do and it may have just saved your hide but you didn't do us the courtesy of informing us so we had to act.

If you are a mod and you are busy for a week, then yes you have a duty to inform us you will not be able to perform your mod duties for the week in question. We aren't mindreaders and don't know when people have things on but we try to work around each situation as it arises.

Bay56

First Grade
Take my advice R04 ... except now you must say it on bent knees.

Let me start you off "sorry Legend for being ...... :) :lol: :)

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
If you are a mod and you are busy for a week, then yes you have a duty to inform us you will not be able to perform your mod duties for the week in question. We aren't mindreaders and don't know when people have things on but we try to work around each situation as it arises.

Read my post carefully, I said, things come up, WITHOUT NOTICE, and I was UNABLE to log onto the Net.

Or an easier example, my internet company goes down, and I can't log on for a week. Do I Lose my mod status then?

Me self imposing my ban from posting DOESNT MEAN I wasn't moderating. DID U NOT READ THAT.

What if i decided to not post, but moderate, I have to inform admin now. What if there were no topics i felt like posting in, do i lose my mod status then??

legend

Coach
You keep shooting yourself in the foot. You seem to think we have to play by your rules. Not so, we all play by the forum rules, your stance reeks of dictatorship and I can assure you it had nothing to do with your stance on Matt Elliott. Nothing could be further from the truth and I'm being silly by dignifying your accusation with a response but in the interests of being open and transparent, it needed to be answered.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders 2004 said:
:lol: Bay....i'm not apologising for not wanting to post for a week.

arh well, not much more I can do for you .... off with his head Legend :) :lol: :)

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Wait i think i figured it out.

If I support Matthew Elliott, and others don't, Do i lose my mod status then?

Answer: Yes. :roll:

Guess what, I'm also a fan of Troy Thompson...

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
You keep shooting yourself in the foot. You seem to think we have to play by your rules. Not so, we all play by the forum rules, your stance reeks of dictatorship and I can assure you it had nothing to do with your stance on Matt Elliott. Nothing could be further from the truth and I'm being silly by dignifying your accusation with a response but in the interests of being open and transparent, it needed to be answered.

I know what I want to shoot, and it's not my foot.

I guess the forum rules state that If a Moderator goes away for 2 weeks, their mod status is taken off them.

Therefore, Kaon, who goes away overseas to study, goes away for 1 year, but still retained his mod status for that period of time. :roll:

Excuses Excuses, I never thought it would be so hard to get a explanation out of someone. Maybe it's harder to explain something correctly when your wrong? #-o

legend

Coach
Me self imposing my ban from posting DOESNT MEAN I wasn't moderating. DID U NOT READ THAT.

Thats the money quote. You expect us to be mindreaders? If a mod decides to impose a ban on themsleves posting, that pretty much says it all. It shows immaturity and a failure to moderate effectively.

Sorry mate, after saying that it is obvious you don't have the temparment to be a mod which in turn means we made the right decision.

You made two crucial errors and they were:

You failed to inform admin of your intentions to take a break and it had nothing to do with the unexpected, you were losing your cool.

You public statement to take a break in itself showed us you are not capable of handling the level of responsibility required to moderate this forum.

Has you sent me or Willow a pm, none of this would have happened but you chose to handle it in a different way.

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Legend, why was Kaon still a mod after being away for so long?

err because he didnt support Elliot ..... granted Elliot was not around at time ... the fact that he was a good all round guy was also in his favour ... this is where R04 misses out big time .. he should have taken my advice and he would be moding right now :) :lol: :)

azza

Juniors
Hang on you two... I have to go and re-fill my bowl of popcorn.

Honestly, what a bunch of hot air. We have new mods now, it isn't a big deal 2004 you can still post here. More important things in life to worry about.

Also I can understand admin's point of view here but either way I'm not fussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.