What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ADELAIDE TEST: Australia v India Dec 9-13 2014

Sphagnum

Coach
And dhoni will walk back into the team to oversee the whitewash. Love him or hate him, viral Kholi is the captain that India desperately needs and Saha is an ideal wicketkeeper to replace old man dhoni.

Meth

Staff member
Great game. Great win. Australia deserved that, not because they were better than India (although they probably were marginally), but because of the strength and character they've shown in the last 2 weeks. I must admit, it's also good to see such a huge decision (Rahane) that could have been easily corrected with the DRS go against India.

chigurh

If you take 166% more wickets than your opposition I'd suggest you were probaly more than marginally better. But anyway, what a win!!

If it weren't for the rain stoppages it's probaly wrapped up shortly before tea and a comfortable win. But nonetheless a good effort from the bowlers on a pitch that did not break up, even if most of them seemed rusty and/or down on their best

Last edited:

8Ball

First Grade
When is the last time 2 batsmen got twin tons?

Lol...Last test Australia played?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/engine/match/727929.html

Great game. Great win. Australia deserved that, not because they were better than India (although they probably were marginally), but because of the strength and character they've shown in the last 2 weeks. I must admit, it's also good to see such a huge decision (Rahane) that could have been easily corrected with the DRS go against India.

Yes they were....2 declarations. India only took 12 Australian wickets.

ellskimore

Juniors
Should never have picked Lyon. WTF is Lyon going to do on a flat pitch against Indians who face far better spinners on less friendlier pitches all the time at home.

Should have gone in with 4 quicks, Warner and Smith would have been enough for variety. Struggling to see us getting 20 wickets here.

And it has been about 2 years since we saw an opposition bat well in a test in this country.

I am so glad you aren't a national selector.

If anyone runs into Lyon between now and the next test could they please kneecap him?

Oh. Now I see why you didn't think he should be man-of-the-match. He was making you look silly out there today.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach

marginally?

I would like to know in your view what more a team could do to dominate a test match, we scored faster than they did, declared twice and took 20 wickets on a batter friendly pitch

The only reason they were in the contest on the final day is because of our sporting declaration to give ourselves a chance to win, meanwhile giving them a chance to win as well despite never being in the game.