What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ADELAIDE TEST: Australia v India Dec 9-13 2014

Meth

Staff member
marginally?

I would like to know in your view what more a team could do to dominate a test match, we scored faster than they did, declared twice and took 20 wickets on a batter friendly pitch

The only reason they were in the contest on the final day is because of our sporting declaration to give ourselves a chance to win, meanwhile giving them a chance to win as well despite never being in the game.

Well, India were certainly in the game. The target they were set was not an easy one to chase and they were very close to good enough. Just trying to give credit where it's due.

El Diablo

Post Whore
marginally?

I would like to know in your view what more a team could do to dominate a test match, we scored faster than they did, declared twice and took 20 wickets on a batter friendly pitch

The only reason they were in the contest on the final day is because of our sporting declaration to give ourselves a chance to win, meanwhile giving them a chance to win as well despite never being in the game.

agreed

Meth has rocks in his head if he thinks we were only marginally better

India only took 12 wickets ffs

dropped a lot of catches too

vvvrulz

Coach
Great test match, but there is no doubt whatsoever who was the better team. Australia were all over India in several instances and it was a fairly generous declaration. I expect them to coast through this series.

Full marks to Vijay and Kohli for making a game of it, what the hell was the Indian tail thinking? With the run rate under control the rest of them batted like idiots instead of seeing off the ball and inching towards the target. Its hard to criticize Kohli, but either he or Saha should have set up camp and blocked absolutely everything.

Bizarre finish

tumbidragon

First Grade
Funny thing is our commentators kept calling him an 'athlete'.

What other sport could this guy possibly not get found out in?

Fumbleball? He'd fit the "athletic" mould for that abomination I guess. Plus every1 knows AFL is taking over India..

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
And dhoni will walk back into the team to oversee the whitewash. Love him or hate him, viral Kholi is the captain that India desperately needs and Saha is an ideal wicketkeeper to replace old man dhoni.

I don't think Saha is good enough with the bat.

Rabbits20

Immortal
With Clarke out should they give Smith a run as captain..

They won't it will be Brad Haddin. He did a very good job as captain after Clarke went off.

I'm sure all the players would fully agree with Haddin as captain.

Captain: Haddin
Vice Captain: Steve Smith

El Diablo

Post Whore
Fumbleball? He'd fit the "athletic" mould for that abomination I guess. Plus every1 knows AFL is taking over India..

i thought Brayshaw would blow a gasket when Healy asked him which one was the fumbler he was wanking on about

they usually get precious and think everyone in Australia knows who every player is

undertaker

Coach
We need Bill Lawry full time

It's times like that where I miss Bill Lawry. Growing up, it was always great to hear him call the final overs of a close match. He just added that excitement that the other commentators couldn't, hence why he was always scheduled in that 30min slot. Even though his voice was stuffed in the Boxing Day test last year, he was far better than Gayshaw and I look forward to hearing him again in a couple of weeks time.

undertaker

Coach
Oh, and I forgot to mention....24,836 turned out today. One of the largest day 5 test crowds in Australia (during my time watching cricket, Steve Waugh's farewell test is the only one I can think of that got more).

tomdl

Bench
The lack of any action we are getting is pretty indicative of everything, A hell of a lot needs to be done. Test cricket is so boring

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Warner fined 15%,Kohli fined 30% and Dhawan fined 30%

No fine for Aaron would obviously did nothing wrong at all as the Haynetrain so perfectly summed up :cool:

Haynetrain 1
Cricket forum 0

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
great game of test cricket

team for the gabba will be interresting, although we had a good win we have some passengers

Warner fined 15%,Kohli fined 30% and Dhawan fined 30%

No fine for Aaron would obviously did nothing wrong at all as the Haynetrain so perfectly summed up :cool:

Haynetrain 1
Cricket forum 0

Take that right hand of yours, throw it over the left shoulder and give yourself a big pat on the back.

JJ

Immortal
Great test, both teams played good cricket. Finally Kohli really delivered in a test, that innings was as good as I have seen.

Both bowling attacks looked ordinary tbh, Harris a cut above the other quicks. Brisbane will help, should be a good series

lockyno1

Post Whore
The lack of any action we are getting is pretty indicative of everything, A hell of a lot needs to be done. Test cricket is so boring

Adelaide is always boring until the 4th day. Record 5th day crowd....test cricket is going fine. There is T20 for you where you don't have to use your brain, it is glorified baseball

Latest posts